Using Mic nowadays...

Hey, can I get some tips on this mic situation I’m trying to work out?
When were these days of epicness in Halo 3 and Reach when one could just turn on their mic and strategize with the other players. But now it just seems whenever I do find someone with a mic, it’s a British kid who never stops breathing words into his mic or a group of Frat guys who curse at you and yell Shut Up if I turn on my mic and try to talk. I’ve been trying to get into a good thing of doing a cooperative system with these team based games but it can’t work like this because none of my friends play the games I play and I always find the above two types of people.

I want to do this cooperative team stuff in prep for the new Aliens: Colonial Marines game with it’s Escape Mode multiplayer where you have to constantly talk with your team but if it keeps turning out like this when I find mic people I seriously doubt I want to be buying cooperative shooter games anymore.

Any ideas?

Invite your team to a party, but only if your sure their not some kid or a group of guys with extremely deep voices hurling out the F bomb every time 15 seconds threating to hack you, or people who challenge you to 1v1s.

But that’s MM nowadays. That’s why I mute everyone that’s not my friend or not in my party. Especially in COD. I’ve been playing a bit of that lately, and people just seem to hate everybody else.

XBOX Live Parties are pretty cool things. You should try them!

thanks for the help! :slight_smile:

I’ve kept my mic plugged in recently but nobody ever talks. Do they even have a mic or see that SOMEONE has a mic?! It’s either that or they’re in the damn Party Chat. Would you get out of party chat and communicate with your other teammates instead of being a -Yoink!- and making your teammates lose because you won’t go into game chat!!!

Anyway, I’m playing Star Wars Battlefront 2 for a while now. Quite fun.

I rarely have my mic connected, but even when I do no one talks. It just makes me feels like I’m an idiot disturbing my team so I just run around and do my own thing.

In H3 it was easier to strategize with mics, but most people nowadays are either in their own parties or refuse to talk to anyone because they are just so self-righteous.

The people who do talk are either huge -Yoinks!- or scumbags. Or people who ignore you. At least when I play.

The majority of the time no one has mics…

> I rarely have my mic connected, but even when I do no one talks. It just makes me feels like I’m an idiot disturbing my team so I just run around and do my own thing.
>
> In H3 it was easier to strategize with mics, but most people nowadays are either in their own parties or refuse to talk to anyone because they are just so self-righteous.
>
> The people who do talk are either huge -Yoinks!- or scumbags. Or people who ignore you. At least when I play.
>
> The majority of the time no one has mics…

Its not because everyone is self righteous. It’s because everyone got fed up with the sh.it talking and now no one even bothers with a mic.

> > I rarely have my mic connected, but even when I do no one talks. It just makes me feels like I’m an idiot disturbing my team so I just run around and do my own thing.
> >
> > In H3 it was easier to strategize with mics, but most people nowadays are either in their own parties or refuse to talk to anyone because they are just so self-righteous.
> >
> > The people who do talk are either huge -Yoinks!- or scumbags. Or people who ignore you. At least when I play.
> >
> > The majority of the time no one has mics…
>
> Its not because everyone is self righteous. It’s because everyone got fed up with the sh.it talking and now no one even bothers with a mic.

I wish those days would pass because I want to have those Halo 3 days of just good old conversations and working as a team with people who share a common goal.

> But now it just seems whenever I do find someone with a mic, it’s a British kid who never stops breathing words into his mic or a group of Frat guys who curse at you and yell Shut Up if I turn on my mic and try to talk. I’ve been trying to get into a good thing of doing a cooperative system with these team based games but it can’t work like this because none of my friends play the games I play and I always find the above two types of people.

This is so true and sad. I also miss the old mic days, but you can always give it a try by setting a good example. It might work… or well…

… Yea.

> > I rarely have my mic connected, but even when I do no one talks. It just makes me feels like I’m an idiot disturbing my team so I just run around and do my own thing.
> >
> > In H3 it was easier to strategize with mics, but most people nowadays are either in their own parties or refuse to talk to anyone because they are just so self-righteous.
> >
> > The people who do talk are either huge -Yoinks!- or scumbags. Or people who ignore you. At least when I play.
> >
> > The majority of the time no one has mics…
>
> Its not because everyone is self righteous. It’s because everyone got fed up with the sh.it talking and now no one even bothers with a mic.

Well, when I have my mic and I try to help people out, they come out like I was their enemy or if they are too good to be a team.

Coincidentally, they are the ones that bring the team down.

> I’ve kept my mic plugged in recently but nobody ever talks. Do they even have a mic or see that SOMEONE has a mic?! It’s either that or they’re in the damn Party Chat. Would you get out of party chat and communicate with your other teammates instead of being a -Yoink!- and making your teammates lose because you won’t go into game chat!!!
>
> Anyway, I’m playing Star Wars Battlefront 2 for a while now. Quite fun.

Classic! I personally like the first one more.

> Hey, can I get some tips on this mic situation I’m trying to work out?
> When were these days of epicness in Halo 3 and Reach when one could just turn on their mic and strategize with the other players. But now it just seems whenever I do find someone with a mic, it’s a British kid who never stops breathing words into his mic or a group of Frat guys who curse at you and yell Shut Up if I turn on my mic and try to talk. I’ve been trying to get into a good thing of doing a cooperative system with these team based games but it can’t work like this because none of my friends play the games I play and I always find the above two types of people.
>
> I want to do this cooperative team stuff in prep for the new Aliens: Colonial Marines game with it’s Escape Mode multiplayer where you have to constantly talk with your team but if it keeps turning out like this when I find mic people I seriously doubt I want to be buying cooperative shooter games anymore.
>
> Any ideas?

Most people are usually in parties since you can have 8 people to talk to, and most people would rather talk to friends than randoms they meet on different games like Halo or BF3, or Gears even CoD. Might as well join a little group on waypoint and go into as party with them and play some slayer. going into a game alone you will maybe find one or 2 people with a mic nowadays.