Uses Reach Models?

Does this game use the character models from Reach? Most of the covenant look the Sam,e but the Master Chief looks really different.

I haven’t played it, but I do believe the Elites (and maybe the others) do indeed use Reach models.

Master Chief’s armor design was redone for Anniversary. Personally I love how they pulled off MK V. But yea a lot of other things use Reach models which is fine because they didn’t do that for the AR which was the ugliest thing in Reach. They went for the original AR look and it is beautiful.

The Chief’s design was designed new for the game. And Cortana’s model was the Halo 3 one. But most of the models were from Reach.

343i stated that they were going to recreate Master Chief using the Reach Armory, but it didn’t look right so they redesigned him.

Cortana’s model is from Halo 3, but most others are Reach models.

> 343i stated that they were going to recreate Master Chief using the Reach Armory, but it didn’t look right so they redesigned him.
>
> Cortana’s model is from Halo 3, but most others are Reach models.

I always thought the Mk. V in Halo 3 and Reach looked like a smiley face from an angle. If they’d kept that I would’ve laughed.

It probably wouldn’t look right either since it’s kinda meant to be Spartan III armour.

> 343i stated that they were going to recreate Master Chief using the Reach Armory, but it didn’t look right so they redesigned him.
>
> Cortana’s model is from Halo 3, but most others are Reach models.

there was a video somewhere on gametrailers that showed him with reach mk5

The Mark 5 in Reach looked fine. I don’t know why they didn’t use it.

> The Mark 5 in Reach looked fine. I don’t know why they didn’t use it.

I seem to remember a ViDoc where they mentioned that the Reach Mk.V just didn’t look like the Chief. I could’ve gone either way, but it really doesn’t matter to me. The in-universe explanation is that the Spartans in Reach are wearing an earlier release of the Mk.V, while the Chief (and presumably the other SPARTAN-IIs) is wearing the final version.

But yes, aside from Chief, Cortana, Keyes, and Johnson, I think all the other models are lifted from the Reach engine. Probably the best way to cut down on development time.

Unfortunately, the Banshee uses the Reach model which has carried over to Halo 4. -_-

> > The Mark 5 in Reach looked fine. I don’t know why they didn’t use it.
>
> I seem to remember a ViDoc where they mentioned that the Reach Mk.V just didn’t look like the Chief. I could’ve gone either way, but it really doesn’t matter to me. The in-universe explanation is that the Spartans in Reach are wearing an earlier release of the Mk.V, while the Chief (and presumably the other SPARTAN-IIs) is wearing the final version.
>
> But yes, aside from Chief, Cortana, Keyes, and Johnson, I think all the other models are lifted from the Reach engine. Probably the best way to cut down on development time.

Keyes is also lifted from Reach, and Johnson’s body model is from Reach

> The Chief’s design was designed new for the game. And Cortana’s model was the Halo 3 one. But most of the models were from Reach.

I can’t believe i didn’t pay attention to that,

> > 343i stated that they were going to recreate Master Chief using the Reach Armory, but it didn’t look right so they redesigned him.
> >
> > Cortana’s model is from Halo 3, but most others are Reach models.
>
> I always thought the Mk. V in Halo 3 and Reach looked like a smiley face from an angle. If they’d kept that I would’ve laughed.
>
> It probably wouldn’t look right either since it’s kinda meant to be Spartan III armour.

Why so serious?
:slight_smile:

I would have prefered the Reach Assault Rifle and Reach pistol personally.

> I would have prefered the Reach Assault Rifle and Reach pistol personally.

The Halo 1 pistol is too beautiful, it shan’t be changed.

Halo CE anniversary utilized models from both Halo 3 and Halo reach. Some were made from scratch like the flood models and the master chief but most were from previous games. I think for the weapons they used new models and reused no weapon from previous games.