User Moderators?

Since this is where a lot of B.Net users will come, B.Net trolls will follow. To keep these forums nice and clean(ish) It’ll take a lot of work sorting the spam and extinguishing flames.

Do You think that having user moderators is a good idea, or will ever happen?

I hope it does, I want there to be a place where people are accepting and respectful for Halo fans on the internet…

You mean forum ninjas? If they showed exemplary status and respect in the community, and as long as they aren’t too strict. You should be able to report a moderator if you think they’re being too harsh, like calling a cop out on police brutality.

> You mean forum ninjas? If they showed exemplary status and respect in the community, and as long as they aren’t too strict. You should be able to report a moderator if you think they’re being too harsh, like calling a cop out on police brutality.

Yeah, of course. It’s all to keep the feeling of the Forums fun for everyone and not only trolls.

> Since this is where a lot of B.Net users will come, B.Net trolls will follow. To keep these forums nice and clean(ish) It’ll take a lot of work sorting the spam and extinguishing flames.
>
> Do You think that having user moderators is a good idea, or will ever happen?
>
> I hope it does, I want there to be a place where people are accepting and respectful for Halo fans on the internet…

I agree. This would be very useful also because the forums are starting to get traffic and all sorts of people will come. But they don’t have to be necessarily Forum Ninja’s. They can change the name to something more creative maybe? But yes, I agree with this suggestion.

> > Since this is where a lot of B.Net users will come, B.Net trolls will follow. To keep these forums nice and clean(ish) It’ll take a lot of work sorting the spam and extinguishing flames.
> >
> > Do You think that having user moderators is a good idea, or will ever happen?
> >
> > I hope it does, I want there to be a place where people are accepting and respectful for Halo fans on the internet…
>
> I agree. This would be very useful also because the forums are starting to get traffic and all sorts of people will come. But they don’t have to be necessarily Forum Ninja’s. They can change the name to something more creative maybe? But yes, I agree with this suggestion.

Yeah, I’m actually seeing “The Flood” Start to infect these forums. It makes me want to do something, but I can’t… And yeah, Hopefully a cooler name would ensue.

> > > Since this is where a lot of B.Net users will come, B.Net trolls will follow. To keep these forums nice and clean(ish) It’ll take a lot of work sorting the spam and extinguishing flames.
> > >
> > > Do You think that having user moderators is a good idea, or will ever happen?
> > >
> > > I hope it does, I want there to be a place where people are accepting and respectful for Halo fans on the internet…
> >
> > I agree. This would be very useful also because the forums are starting to get traffic and all sorts of people will come. But they don’t have to be necessarily Forum Ninja’s. They can change the name to something more creative maybe? But yes, I agree with this suggestion.
>
> Yeah, I’m actually seeing “The Flood” Start to infect these forums. It makes me want to do something, but I can’t… And yeah, Hopefully a cooler name would ensue.

Yeah. Many things can be changed compared to the Forum Ninja’s. For example, even making the Moderators of the Forums have to post on the Forums with the community. Because, if you notice lots of people need help on the Bungie.net Forum’s and not many and there to give a hand to help out. There should be trials or applications for a limited time to see how it goes.

> > > > Since this is where a lot of B.Net users will come, B.Net trolls will follow. To keep these forums nice and clean(ish) It’ll take a lot of work sorting the spam and extinguishing flames.
> > > >
> > > > Do You think that having user moderators is a good idea, or will ever happen?
> > > >
> > > > I hope it does, I want there to be a place where people are accepting and respectful for Halo fans on the internet…
> > >
> > > I agree. This would be very useful also because the forums are starting to get traffic and all sorts of people will come. But they don’t have to be necessarily Forum Ninja’s. They can change the name to something more creative maybe? But yes, I agree with this suggestion.
> >
> > Yeah, I’m actually seeing “The Flood” Start to infect these forums. It makes me want to do something, but I can’t… And yeah, Hopefully a cooler name would ensue.
>
> Yeah. Many things can be changed compared to the Forum Ninja’s. For example, even making the Moderators of the Forums have to post on the Forums with the community. Because, if you notice lots of people need help on the Bungie.net Forum’s and not many and there to give a hand to help out. There should be trials or applications for a limited time to see how it goes.

Yeah, I’m hoping.

I don’t want to sound Arrogant, but I have given Halo 10 years of my life, like many others, but I see it for the true masterpiece it is. I don’t know how to describe it but I respect and love Halo so much, and this is a place where the community can come together… Much better than B.net… It feels more like a “Home” for Halo fans now and I want to keep it that way so badly…Yeah, I would try to apply. Hopefully I could write something better to convince people though…

> > Since this is where a lot of B.Net users will come, B.Net trolls will follow. To keep these forums nice and clean(ish) It’ll take a lot of work sorting the spam and extinguishing flames.
> >
> > Do You think that having user moderators is a good idea, or will ever happen?
> >
> > I hope it does, I want there to be a place where people are accepting and respectful for Halo fans on the internet…
>
> I agree. This would be very useful also because the forums are starting to get traffic and all sorts of people will come. But they don’t have to be necessarily Forum Ninja’s. They can change the name to something more creative maybe? But yes, I agree with this suggestion.

Forumrunners 0.o NE1 C WUT i DID thar?

Yeah. I understand. I’m just like you. I was even there for marathon. I’ve basically been through everything in Bungie. Just good to move on and start off fresh again.

> > > Since this is where a lot of B.Net users will come, B.Net trolls will follow. To keep these forums nice and clean(ish) It’ll take a lot of work sorting the spam and extinguishing flames.
> > >
> > > Do You think that having user moderators is a good idea, or will ever happen?
> > >
> > > I hope it does, I want there to be a place where people are accepting and respectful for Halo fans on the internet…
> >
> > I agree. This would be very useful also because the forums are starting to get traffic and all sorts of people will come. But they don’t have to be necessarily Forum Ninja’s. They can change the name to something more creative maybe? But yes, I agree with this suggestion.
>
> Forumrunners 0.o NE1 C WUT i DID thar?

I actually like it…

> > > > Since this is where a lot of B.Net users will come, B.Net trolls will follow. To keep these forums nice and clean(ish) It’ll take a lot of work sorting the spam and extinguishing flames.
> > > >
> > > > Do You think that having user moderators is a good idea, or will ever happen?
> > > >
> > > > I hope it does, I want there to be a place where people are accepting and respectful for Halo fans on the internet…
> > >
> > > I agree. This would be very useful also because the forums are starting to get traffic and all sorts of people will come. But they don’t have to be necessarily Forum Ninja’s. They can change the name to something more creative maybe? But yes, I agree with this suggestion.
> >
> > Forumrunners 0.o NE1 C WUT i DID thar?
>
> I actually like it…

Not bad, kind of like that name.

But then again. You would have to think about it deeply. They can’t just pick members out of nowhere. They have to be members that are dedicate and they can trust. Remember with Forum Moderator, it would be basically like a job if you wish to do it, except you won’t get paid. Even though it may sound easy its a tough job to be helping a whole community and the Administrators will have to be watching to see how they do to see if they will do any type of damage or try to do any type of damage to the Forums.

> But then again. You would have to think about it deeply. They can’t just pick members out of nowhere. They have to be members that are dedicate and they can trust. Remember with Forum Moderator, it would be basically like a job if you wish to do it, except you won’t get paid. Even though it may sound easy its a tough job to be helping a whole community and the Administrators will have to be watching to see how they do to see if they will do any type of damage or try to do any type of damage to the Forums.

I would still do it. At least I’d try to. I periodically visit the forums every day as it is, it would only give me more reason to come here…

I see the ideal moderator as a laid back individual who can take a joke and laugh with everyone else, but they aren’t afraid to tighten the reigns on the community and fend off trolls if necessary.

How about we just leave this to the admins…

(Or do I sense desperation in this thread?)

Right now there are only CL (Community Leaders). There aren’t any mods and there probably won’t be, 'cept for 343i - mainly bs angel, cleaning up the threads.
But it will probably be possible in the future. Who knows what’s in store for us here. Until, let’s just let 343i handle the situation.

so like some forum places have users as moderators for example bungie has what they call ninjas where a user can lock threads give bans for people who go out of line! so my question is will waypoint forum have this after beta? or maybe evening during? and if they do where can i sign up lol

A site just doesnt give a user mod powers because they ask for it. When a site mod sees a good user that is always respectful they will consider them. They also almost never choose someone that asks them for it fyi.

> so like some forum places have users as moderators for example bungie has what they call ninjas where a user can lock threads give bans for people who go out of line! so my question is will waypoint forum have this after beta? or maybe evening during? and if they do where can i sign up lol

I didn’t like them. The Ninjas were out of hand themselves. I got banned for saying something in a thread that got deleted 5 minutes after my ban. IT was a troll thread and I said Sad story, bro.

> > >
> > >
> >
>
> Forumrunners 0.o NE1 C WUT i DID thar?

This sound like a great idea! But the Forumrunners would have to be hand picked for other Forumrunners to ensure the best results.

And they can’t be as strict as B.nets ninjas! These people have to be the average polite user, who wants to keep things on track and, but are open for a little fun.

For example, if someone makes a spam thread, the Forumrunners should only punish the creator of the thread, not the people who replied to the spam.