USEFUL: Income per Minute Values

tl;dr
Included are income values for generating strategies and sustaining production.
Supply Pads have a nonlinear rate of diminishing returns. Upgrading to a heavy supply pad increases its income by 60%.
Power Generators have a much smaller rate of diminishing returns. Upgrading to a heavy generator increases its income by 100%

Hey everyone,
At the beginning of this week I started wondering about the income rate of supplies and power depending on the number of generators/supply pads you have.

*Question:* "Kkinser, why is this important?"

*Answer:* The bars on the charts can allow a player to estimate the number of supply pads/generators they need to maintain production at a certain point in a game.

Before we dive in, I offer a very special thanks to Keroman60! He begrudgingly helped me collect the data necessary to perform this analysis ;)
**Supply Generation Chart:** http://i.imgur.com/sX7Yvf1.jpg

**Power Generation Chart:** http://i.imgur.com/cVROPdp.jpg

The bars (primary axis) on the graphs represent the amount of supply you can expect to generate depending on the number of supply pads you have. If I want to sustain production of hornets (cost 375, assume take 30s to build) from one airpad, I can look at the green bars to know I would need at least 5 regular supply pads (or blue bars for 2 heavy pads). The blue and green lines (secondary axis) represent the diminishing return (provided for the curious mind).

As seen in the supply chart, supply pads have a rate of diminishing returns. For example, the 2nd supply pad you build produces 70% of your 1st, the 8th produces 20% of your 1st (green and blue lines). Also, upgrading to a heavy supply pad increases its income by 60% (red line).

Power Generators have a much smaller rate of diminishing returns. They typically stick around 90% of your first generator (blue and green lines). Upgrading to a heavy power generator increases its income by 100% (red line). Contestable generators (on the map) give a constant rate of supply (120 power per minute per generator).

If you have any questions about this subject I will answer them to the best of my knowledge (especially if something isn't clear). I'd also be happy to discuss anything else!

Personally, I would really like to see this information published by 343 :)
(I have also posted this on the Halo Wars Reddit) 
*Edit: Changed formatting of imgur links [I thought they would be hyperlinked :'(]*

What’s that huge drop at 4 pads? Does it really go like that? So basically there is no point of doing more than 5 because they just add so few. Luckily this all will change after update.

Some of this info is available in the Prima Guide:
Supply pads give 2.7 supply per second.
Heavy supply pads give 4.3 supply per second.
Generators give 3 power per second.
Upgraded generator give 6 power per second.
Power nodes give 2 power per second.

But the guide doesn’t give any further details. Good job! Awesome contribution to the community.

Only thing to keep in mind though, is that by next week the curve is getting adjusted, are you guys planning to retest this?

> 2533274793142590;2:
> What’s that huge drop at 4 pads? Does it really go like that? So basically there is no point of doing more than 5 because they just add so few. Luckily this all will change after update.

I know! it’s really interesting. I ran 2 trials of using 4 regular supply pads, and 2 trials of using 5. Just be aware that each additional supply pad does increase your income, just probably less than you would think. I think the dip at 4 is probably so it isn’t worthwhile to build 4 supply pads and 1 generator at the start of the game.

> 2533274821521504;3:
> Some of this info is available in the Prima Guide:
> Supply pads give 2.7 supply per second.
> Heavy supply pads give 4.3 supply per second.
> Generators give 3 power per second.
> Upgraded generator give 6 power per second.
> Power nodes give 2 power per second.
>
> But the guide doesn’t give any further details. Good job! Awesome contribution to the community.
>
> Only thing to keep in mind though, is that by next week the curve is getting adjusted, are you guys planning to retest this?

I wasn’t originally sure, but Keroman60 has said he would help again <3. We’ll retest and post the numbers, although preferably it would be nice if 343 provided the distributions;)

Thanks for the info, OP!