Use your mics!

I’m shocked at the number of people that don’t use their mics in game. Communication makes a huge difference and can even make or break a match. Even if you’re the only one talking, others can hear you. In no way am I telling people what to do, but I am pointing out that communication will result in more wins for both you and your teammates.

I only use a mic in WZFF when my teammates aren’t doing something right. In arena, I’m usually silent so I can focus.

I only use a mic in special circumstances, such as playing with someone I know. In that situation I am probably in a chat. All the other times it just takes one obnoxious person screaming or playing music and I will mute everyone before the game actually starts

> 2535420373165854;1:
> I’m shocked at the number of people that don’t use their mics in game. Communication makes a huge difference and can even make or break a match. Even if you’re the only one talking, others can hear you. In no way am I telling people what to do, but I am pointing out that communication will result in more wins for both you and your teammates.

I’d really rather not. I don’t enjoy talking to children. If I see a friend on and I’m playing with the right controller I might mic up other wise you can do without my mellifluous tones.

> 2533274880633045;4:
> > 2535420373165854;1:
> > I’m shocked at the number of people that don’t use their mics in game. Communication makes a huge difference and can even make or break a match. Even if you’re the only one talking, others can hear you. In no way am I telling people what to do, but I am pointing out that communication will result in more wins for both you and your teammates.
>
>
> I’d really rather not. I don’t enjoy talking to children. If I see a friend on and I’m playing with the right controller I might mic up other wise you can do without my mellifluous tones.

I don’t mind kids, but it really makes me feel weird to think of them as “team mates”.

I’m quite old myself and it’s such a funny situation…

> 2535470862314502;5:
> > 2533274880633045;4:
> > > 2535420373165854;1:
> > > I’m shocked at the number of people that don’t use their mics in game. Communication makes a huge difference and can even make or break a match. Even if you’re the only one talking, others can hear you. In no way am I telling people what to do, but I am pointing out that communication will result in more wins for both you and your teammates.
> >
> >
> > I’d really rather not. I don’t enjoy talking to children. If I see a friend on and I’m playing with the right controller I might mic up other wise you can do without my mellifluous tones.
>
>
> I don’t mind kids, but it really makes me feel weird to think of them as “team mates” I’m quite old myself and it’s such a funny situation…

Kind of with you on that. I’ve never had a problem with “squeakers” playing the game, but when there is a kid literally a third of my age…I find it more distracting then helpful. It’s just not a situation that comes up IRL. For me it’s not just the kids though; you have the rappers/singers, the people eating with their mic an inch in front of their face, the one’s being yelled at by their parents or their SO, the ones who cuss (often from the bottom of the leaderboard) about how everyone is doing everything wrong and how much their teammates suck, the people playing music through them, the Kinect mics where I hear the neighbors dog barking.

I remember making good friends when I played with one regularly. I put together teams because I used one and now it just isn’t worth the trouble most of the time.

> 2533274880633045;6:
> > 2535470862314502;5:
> > > 2533274880633045;4:
> > > > 2535420373165854;1:
> > > > I’m shocked at the number of people that don’t use their mics in game. Communication makes a huge difference and can even make or break a match. Even if you’re the only one talking, others can hear you. In no way am I telling people what to do, but I am pointing out that communication will result in more wins for both you and your teammates.
> > >
> > >
> > > I’d really rather not. I don’t enjoy talking to children. If I see a friend on and I’m playing with the right controller I might mic up other wise you can do without my mellifluous tones.
> >
> >
> > I don’t mind kids, but it really makes me feel weird to think of them as “team mates” I’m quite old myself and it’s such a funny situation…
>
>
> Kind of with you on that. I’ve never had a problem with “squeakers” playing the game, but when there is a kid literally a third of my age…I find it more distracting then helpful. For me it’s not just the kids though; you have the rappers/singers, the people eating with their mic an inch in front of their face, the one’s being yelled at by their parents or their SO, the ones who cuss (often from the bottom of the leaderboard) about how everyone is doing everything wrong and how much their teammates suck, the people playing music through them, the Kinect mics where I hear the neighbors dog barking.
>
> I remember making good friends when I played with one regularly. I put together teams because I used one and now it just isn’t worth the trouble most of the time.

Makes perfect sense my friend!

I use my Mic in WZFF but since most players aren’t I just call out locations of bosses and loose weapons or vehicles just sitting there if I died for someone to use. Assistance once in awhile if no one is around, which does tend to happen.

Callouts only make a difference at higher ranks cus people actually listen to them. At lower ranks calling out you might as well not even have a mic.

I never use a mic anymore, it’s just usually a bunch of little kids screaming their heads off about something or someone talking in a foreign language, sorry but nope, I’d rather lose a match than lose my sanity, I even play with the tv muted, unless I’m in customs.

I use mics in Swat and Snipers. I never know if people are listening but I certainly hope they are. And obvi when I’m partied up I use it

I only talk in party because the game chat is bad in my opinion, if i search solo however i usually lurk and do minor callouts. very rarely does anyone else talk

Nope, I only use it when I am in party chat. Don;pt feel like listening to a baby crying in the background, or music or some awkward heavy breathing.

> 2535420373165854;1:
> Communication makes a huge difference and can even make or break a match.

In my defense, this is far less true in Warzone Firefight which is basically the only playlist I play. So, no thanks OP, I’d rather stick to listening to music and podcasts.

Yes sir!! I agree with you man. Communication is key to victory.

I absolutely hate people who don’t communicate when they have a mic on Arena. specially on doubles. Don’t get all mad and leave the game cause you keep rushing and die when I’m warning you or if you cant get a kill when I’m telling you someone is one-shot. If I’m telling you a power-up is about to spawn, I expect you to listen and get ready for it. if I say someone had over shield, get that plasma pistol. If someone pulled the flag and I give a heads up where he/she is rushing, get that flag or rush theirs, don’t just pull back and shoot like slayer.

I’ve made two or three decent Halo buddies from playing WZ. But, I don’t tend to use my mic too often because when I’m in arena its usually children, people playing bad music, heavy breather’s or quite recently an abusive, racist, ignorant american. But that’s how it goes eh? But that is XBL these day’s for any game I’d imagine.

Here is some more info from another post on this subject.

HOW OFTEN DO YOU USE YOUR MIC IN HALO 5?

I talk, they mute… What’s the point?

I use mine. But usually it’s some annoying kid screaming high pitch or playing music In it or hear some lame arguement in the mic.