Upgrades?

Did anyone else notice the upgrades tab when the map was pulled up during the Halo Infinite campaign reveal? Could this be a hint that weapons, armor, equipment, and/or vehicles will have upgrades as you progress through campaign? Maybe this is could be the plan to replace REQ weapons and vehicles. Thoughts?

From the IGN interview:

> Lee explained that upgrades are items you’ll discover as you explore, rather than some sort of experience-based skill tree or other mechanics that wouldn’t make much sense in Halo.
> We do have a light upgrade system for Chief as he explores this ring. He’ll be able to upgrade equipment items," Chris said. “The grapple and the drop shield that we showed are kind of in that concept of a spiritual reboot that harken back to the equipment system in Halo 3. Those are two new equipment items that Chief will be able to find and use as you play through the game.”

It’s kinda vague. Apparently “They couldn’t go into the specifics about what kinds of things we’ll find beyond equipment upgrades since they’re related to the story”

Source

> 2535453407941985;2:
> From the IGN interview:
>
>
> > Lee explained that upgrades are items you’ll discover as you explore, rather than some sort of experience-based skill tree or other mechanics that wouldn’t make much sense in Halo.
> > We do have a light upgrade system for Chief as he explores this ring. He’ll be able to upgrade equipment items," Chris said. “The grapple and the drop shield that we showed are kind of in that concept of a spiritual reboot that harken back to the equipment system in Halo 3. Those are two new equipment items that Chief will be able to find and use as you play through the game.”
>
> It’s kinda vague. Apparently “They couldn’t go into the specifics about what kinds of things we’ll find beyond equipment upgrades since they’re related to the story”
>
> Source

Thank you for the link! That’s really interesting! It sounds like these upgrades might be REQ variants that we saw in Halo 5.

Didn’t you know? Halo’s a metroidvania game. Man I cant wait for him to get the Screw Attack.(joking)

Maybe that’s where we unlock the good graphics?

All I can think of is grapple shot charge rate, max charge count, and range.

In this destructoid article, creative director Paul Crocker said. “Master Chief, as he explores the ring, he’s gonna find more equipment. He’s always gonna find ways to upgrade that equipment. And, it’s not all about power, but it’s about options for the player. We want to ensure that players are able to make the choices to be successful in the way that they want to play the game.”

I joked before about a metroidvania halo but the article righter also came to that conclusion. Though I don’t think that is quite how it will be.

Thrusters are going to be an upgrade SMH…

I’m eager to learn more. When I saw that “Upgrades” tab on the map, I started thinking that maybe it’ll be the replacement for the REQ system so rather than unlocking REQ weapons, you’ll find the needed upgrades to transform your weapons into the versions you want.

Well, from what you see they are probably improvements, but I do not think that they are only for the armor, they are probably the same for the other functions, such as having more space for grenades or more hooks, etc.
In general I think they will be for things that can help you during the campaign but without breaking the whole system.
or maybe they are improvements for the weapons as seen in the gameplay