Upgrades

So we all know that there is a upgrade option in Halo infinite so here are some ideas I had

1 and upgrade that allows you to carry more ammo

2 an upgrade that allows you to carry more grenades

3 an upgrade thst allows you to fire the grapple shot 2 times before recharge.

4 an upgrade that gives you a slight Improvement to your shields for example let’s say in easy if it takes 8 shots to take down your shield from a plasma rifle with this upgrade it will take two or three more shots to take down your shield

Pretty sure it’s been clarified that the upgrades will be for your equipment such as the grapple shot and drop shield. So your third point is in line with the system that is currently in place.

> “We do have a light upgrade system for Chief as he explores this ring. He’ll be able to upgrade equipment items,” Chris said. “The grapple and the drop shield that we showed are kind of in that concept of a spiritual reboot that harken back to the equipment system in Halo 3. Those are two new equipment items that Chief will be able to find and use as you play through the game.”
> Info source here

Although I wouldn’t mind some upgrades for extra ammo & grenade capacity.
I personally wouldn’t want anything that increases health or damage resistance, I feel like it strays too far away from the core foundation of Halo’s combat systems at that point.

> 2533274865778947;2:
> Pretty sure it’s been clarified that the upgrades will be for your equipment such as the grapple shot and drop shield. So your third point is in line with the system that is currently in place.
>
>
>
>
> > “We do have a light upgrade system for Chief as he explores this ring. He’ll be able to upgrade equipment items,” Chris said. “The grapple and the drop shield that we showed are kind of in that concept of a spiritual reboot that harken back to the equipment system in Halo 3. Those are two new equipment items that Chief will be able to find and use as you play through the game.”
> > Info source here
>
> Although I wouldn’t mind some upgrades for extra ammo & grenade capacity.
> I personally wouldn’t want anything that increases health or damage resistance, I feel like it strays too far away from the core foundation of Halo’s combat systems at that point.

The reason I want an upgrade for the shields is because I feel like they have gotten weaker overall

> 2533274845153375;3:
> > 2533274865778947;2:
> > Pretty sure it’s been clarified that the upgrades will be for your equipment such as the grapple shot and drop shield. So your third point is in line with the system that is currently in place.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > > “We do have a light upgrade system for Chief as he explores this ring. He’ll be able to upgrade equipment items,” Chris said. “The grapple and the drop shield that we showed are kind of in that concept of a spiritual reboot that harken back to the equipment system in Halo 3. Those are two new equipment items that Chief will be able to find and use as you play through the game.”
> > > Info source here
> >
> > Although I wouldn’t mind some upgrades for extra ammo & grenade capacity.
> > I personally wouldn’t want anything that increases health or damage resistance, I feel like it strays too far away from the core foundation of Halo’s combat systems at that point.
>
> The reason I want an upgrade for the shields is because I feel like they have gotten weaker overall

I guess that really depends on what difficulty and weapon you’re fighting against. Each game has its own balance so they’ll feel different.
With Halo 5 in particular a lot of enemy weapons track you which makes it much harder to avoid fire and keep your shields up.

As long as Infinite has less enemy weapons that track on to you we should be a greater level of survivability as we would be able to avoid fire much more easily.

> 2533274865778947;4:
> > 2533274845153375;3:
> > > 2533274865778947;2:
> > > Pretty sure it’s been clarified that the upgrades will be for your equipment such as the grapple shot and drop shield. So your third point is in line with the system that is currently in place.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > > “We do have a light upgrade system for Chief as he explores this ring. He’ll be able to upgrade equipment items,” Chris said. “The grapple and the drop shield that we showed are kind of in that concept of a spiritual reboot that harken back to the equipment system in Halo 3. Those are two new equipment items that Chief will be able to find and use as you play through the game.”
> > > > Info source here
> > >
> > > Although I wouldn’t mind some upgrades for extra ammo & grenade capacity.
> > > I personally wouldn’t want anything that increases health or damage resistance, I feel like it strays too far away from the core foundation of Halo’s combat systems at that point.
> >
> > The reason I want an upgrade for the shields is because I feel like they have gotten weaker overall
>
> I guess that really depends on what difficulty and weapon you’re fighting against. Each game has its own balance so they’ll feel different.
> With Halo 5 in particular a lot of enemy weapons track you which makes it much harder to avoid fire and keep your shields up.
>
> As long as Infinite has less enemy weapons that track on to you we should be a greater level of survivability as we would be able to avoid fire much more easily.

I don’t feel like it has anything to do with weapon tracking in fact Halo 5 is easier than Halo 2

> 2533274845153375;5:
> > 2533274865778947;4:
> > > 2533274845153375;3:
> > > > 2533274865778947;2:
> > > > Pretty sure it’s been clarified that the upgrades will be for your equipment such as the grapple shot and drop shield. So your third point is in line with the system that is currently in place.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > > “We do have a light upgrade system for Chief as he explores this ring. He’ll be able to upgrade equipment items,” Chris said. “The grapple and the drop shield that we showed are kind of in that concept of a spiritual reboot that harken back to the equipment system in Halo 3. Those are two new equipment items that Chief will be able to find and use as you play through the game.”
> > > > > Info source here
> > > >
> > > > Although I wouldn’t mind some upgrades for extra ammo & grenade capacity.
> > > > I personally wouldn’t want anything that increases health or damage resistance, I feel like it strays too far away from the core foundation of Halo’s combat systems at that point.
> > >
> > > The reason I want an upgrade for the shields is because I feel like they have gotten weaker overall
> >
> > I guess that really depends on what difficulty and weapon you’re fighting against. Each game has its own balance so they’ll feel different.
> > With Halo 5 in particular a lot of enemy weapons track you which makes it much harder to avoid fire and keep your shields up.
> >
> > As long as Infinite has less enemy weapons that track on to you we should be a greater level of survivability as we would be able to avoid fire much more easily.
>
> I don’t feel like it has anything to do with weapon tracking in fact Halo 5 is easier than Halo 2

Aye, but Halo 2 is notorious for being difficult. If that’s your comparison then yes Halo 5 is definitely easier

I have a feeling that alongside the upgrades to your equipment that there may be some attachments to weapons we’ll be able to find and equip onto our weapons in campaign (which i’d personally count as ‘upgrades’ to weapons) - I feel like attachments would be quite cool to see as they’d give more freedom and choice in how you play through the campaign (like a silencer attachment eg would make stealth more viable)

> 2533274865778947;6:
> > 2533274845153375;5:
> > > 2533274865778947;4:
> > > > 2533274845153375;3:
> > > > > 2533274865778947;2:
> > > > > Pretty sure it’s been clarified that the upgrades will be for your equipment such as the grapple shot and drop shield. So your third point is in line with the system that is currently in place.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > > “We do have a light upgrade system for Chief as he explores this ring. He’ll be able to upgrade equipment items,” Chris said. “The grapple and the drop shield that we showed are kind of in that concept of a spiritual reboot that harken back to the equipment system in Halo 3. Those are two new equipment items that Chief will be able to find and use as you play through the game.”
> > > > > > Info source here
> > > > >
> > > > > Although I wouldn’t mind some upgrades for extra ammo & grenade capacity.
> > > > > I personally wouldn’t want anything that increases health or damage resistance, I feel like it strays too far away from the core foundation of Halo’s combat systems at that point.
> > > >
> > > > The reason I want an upgrade for the shields is because I feel like they have gotten weaker overall
> > >
> > > I guess that really depends on what difficulty and weapon you’re fighting against. Each game has its own balance so they’ll feel different.
> > > With Halo 5 in particular a lot of enemy weapons track you which makes it much harder to avoid fire and keep your shields up.
> > >
> > > As long as Infinite has less enemy weapons that track on to you we should be a greater level of survivability as we would be able to avoid fire much more easily.
> >
> > I don’t feel like it has anything to do with weapon tracking in fact Halo 5 is easier than Halo 2
>
> Aye, but Halo 2 is notorious for being difficult. If that’s your comparison then yes Halo 5 is definitely easier

I mean don’t get me wrong Iam not saying that Halo 5 isn’t difficult the highest
difficulty that I have been able to beat it on is Heroic

> 2533274845153375;3:
> > 2533274865778947;2:
> > Pretty sure it’s been clarified that the upgrades will be for your equipment such as the grapple shot and drop shield. So your third point is in line with the system that is currently in place.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > > “We do have a light upgrade system for Chief as he explores this ring. He’ll be able to upgrade equipment items,” Chris said. “The grapple and the drop shield that we showed are kind of in that concept of a spiritual reboot that harken back to the equipment system in Halo 3. Those are two new equipment items that Chief will be able to find and use as you play through the game.”
> > > Info source here
> >
> > Although I wouldn’t mind some upgrades for extra ammo & grenade capacity.
> > I personally wouldn’t want anything that increases health or damage resistance, I feel like it strays too far away from the core foundation of Halo’s combat systems at that point.
>
> The reason I want an upgrade for the shields is because I feel like they have gotten weaker overall

You’re getting hit more. As the Halo games have progressed, the projectile speed of various AI weapons has drastically increased. So much to the degree that many guns are hitscan or feature a lot of tracking in order to hit targets. “The Halo Dance” has faded away over time because players are faster and more maneuverable, the AI has to account for that. If a player can thrust laterally at any moment, the Sniper Jackal has to be tuned up in order to actually hit anything. Multiply this across every enemy type and weapon type and you’ve got a sandbox like Halo 5’s, with a majority of hitscan/tracking weapons over projectiles