Upgradable Radar Huge Info

Hey guys. I don’t think anyone has realized this, as no one looks for it, but in the July campaign premiere we see the radar, and it has a scan distance of 31m. Okay, now look at the recent picture from February’s Inside Infinite with the sniper, it’s radar has a scan distance of 59m. This is huge because it confirms that you will be able to upgrade your radar to different meters, and the “Upgrades” tab when he opens the Tac Map is probably where you would do it. What do you guys think? I like the idea of it and I hope they keep it in the final version.

Wow, double the radius? That is significant. I’m all for it, so long as that kind of stuff stays in campaign. Maybe MP as an equipment pick up.

The radar size definitely is bigger but we have no clue why. There is absolutely nothing stating that this is a user upgrade, it could be a dev change, a specific mission scenario, or even a mistake.

I’ll agree that an upgrade is the most likely, but it is not nearly confirmed.

> 2535471015334583;1:
> Hey guys. I don’t think anyone has realized this, as no one looks for it, but in the July campaign premiere we see the radar, and it has a scan distance of 31m. Okay, now look at the recent picture from February’s Inside Infinite with the sniper, it’s radar has a scan distance of 59m. This is huge because it confirms that you will be able to upgrade your radar to different meters, and the “Upgrades” tab when he opens the Tac Map is probably where you would do it. What do you guys think? I like the idea of it and I hope they keep it in the final version.

I think you are probably correct. Definitely could see radar, grapple shot distance, shields, and overall effectiveness of various components of equipment all be upgradable items in game.

or it could just mean they changed it between the builds

Ooooh upgradable player attributes and equipment? Sounds like it’s right down my alley! I’m just honestly so pumped for Infinite already! BRING IT ON!!

In many Halo games the motion tracker has a different range. 15m in CE, 25m in Reach halo 2 and 3, and 40 meters in halo 4. I think it went back to 25 meters in Halo 5 but I haven’t played it so I am not sure on that. While it is possible the motion tracker is upgradable equipment there is also the possibility of it just being adjusted for balance in the game.

> 2535471015334583;1:
> Hey guys. I don’t think anyone has realized this, as no one looks for it, but in the July campaign premiere we see the radar, and it has a scan distance of 31m. Okay, now look at the recent picture from February’s Inside Infinite with the sniper, it’s radar has a scan distance of 59m. This is huge because it confirms that you will be able to upgrade your radar to different meters, and the “Upgrades” tab when he opens the Tac Map is probably where you would do it. What do you guys think? I like the idea of it and I hope they keep it in the final version.

Woww this is legit. I love the idea of upgrading your radar. It just makes sense. I don’t think this would be a dec update as the radar scan isn’t really a place to “polish/balance” I’m sure whoever was playing in the game that took the screenshots had that upgraded while testing or something.

The equipment Master Chief is holding at the time appears to have a radar in it’s icon. That equipment could temporarily boost your radar? It also says he has “1” of them, implying when he picked it up it may have come with multiple charges. At first I thought maybe he is using it as his default (rechargeable) equipment instead of the grapple shot, but you can still see the grapple shot on his arm, and under the equipment icon you can see the radar isn’t the only equipment he has (there are two pips, instead of the one pip showing the Spike grenade is the only one he has at the time).

I’m also curious about the pistol he’s got in his holster (as seen on the HUD). I’m pretty sure that’s the disruptor.

> 2533274882881665;3:
> The radar size definitely is bigger but we have no clue why. There is absolutely nothing stating that this is a user upgrade, it could be a dev change, a specific mission scenario, or even a mistake.
>
> I’ll agree that an upgrade is the most likely, but it is not nearly confirmed.

Nothing wrong with using common sense and context to have an informed discussion.

What’s the alternative to it being an upgrade, that we’re going to default at +60m for the whole campaign now? Does that really sound more likely to you?..

> 2614366390849210;10:
> > 2533274882881665;3:
> > The radar size definitely is bigger but we have no clue why. There is absolutely nothing stating that this is a user upgrade, it could be a dev change, a specific mission scenario, or even a mistake.
> >
> > I’ll agree that an upgrade is the most likely, but it is not nearly confirmed.
>
> Nothing wrong with using common sense and context to have an informed discussion.
>
> What’s the alternative to it being an upgrade, that we’re going to default at +60m for the whole campaign now? Does that really sound more likely to you?..

Clearly you did not read my whole comment.

I think the radar will be adjustable depending on what you’re doing.

for close quarters having a radar with a lower scan distance is pretty helpful, in the screenshot with the sniper it’s increased as he’s more long distance. Perhaps for vehicle/space battles the radar will be increased even more. In this way it adjusts to fit better. Either that or it’s manually adjustable. That’s just speculation though.

I only realised it because someone said it in his video about the update.
I like this. I’m one who prefers longer motion tracker ranges, so working towards that will be fun

> 2614366390849210;10:
> > 2533274882881665;3:
> > The radar size definitely is bigger but we have no clue why. There is absolutely nothing stating that this is a user upgrade, it could be a dev change, a specific mission scenario, or even a mistake.
> >
> > I’ll agree that an upgrade is the most likely, but it is not nearly confirmed.
>
> Nothing wrong with using common sense and context to have an informed discussion.
>
> What’s the alternative to it being an upgrade, that we’re going to default at +60m for the whole campaign now? Does that really sound more likely to you?..

Initially, a default 59m radar did not sound likely, but the more I think about it the more likely I could see it being. With a supposedly “open world” it would probably be fair to assume that 343 is planning on spawning in random patrols or encampments or what-have-you. A larger default radar means you can more easily be alerted to their locations and drawn in where you may otherwise not have seen the enemy over the hill or in the cave beside you.
Having said that, assuming upgrades are a real thing in Infinite, not tying an increased radar range to an upgrade system seems like a mistake.