[Updated] Will the pc flighting have NDA?

Will people be able to record it, stream it or take screenshots of it when the flighting is around?

<mark>Mod edit: this has now been clarified</mark>

> “Since the <mark>flights won’t be under NDA</mark> and participants will stream that content, we want to get out in front of that and play it ourselves to provide proper context and insight for players on what will be a work-in-progress build.”
>
> [https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/243780d3b80b4bb6ac7917a8942286db/topics/halo-insider-mini-update-4-17-19/aaca7f51-2b1b-449a-adb5-215f820cfd6f/posts](http://“Since the flights won’t be under NDA and participants will stream that content, we want to get out in front of that and play it ourselves to provide proper context and insight for players on what will be a work-in-progress build.” https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/243780d3b80b4bb6ac7917a8942286db/topics/halo-insider-mini-update-4-17-19/aaca7f51-2b1b-449a-adb5-215f820cfd6f/posts)

I remember reading a clause in the insiders contract, saying not to do this.
Why? idk honestly, it is free advertisement in my eyes.

Short answer is no, since you’re under a non-disclosure agreement and could potentially face legal action if you did. That said, recording gameplay and taking screenshots probably is allowed for the purpose of documenting bugs, but publicly posting them is a no go, at least while flighting is taking place.

If there are any Private forums at all somewhere for this then it is possible they will allow Screens and short vids for Documenting Purposes, but if it’s anything like the usual Secretive Betas then yea, anyone participating will be under NDA and breaking it can get you in serious hot water…

> 2533274856304279;2:
> I remember reading a clause in the insiders contract, saying not to do this.
> Why? idk honestly, it is free advertisement in my eyes.

I think it’s best not to encourage using the program as a marketing tactic, but rather keep it focused on being a way give the devs insight on how to improve the game.

> 2533274864218807;4:
> If there are any Private forums at all somewhere for this then it is possible they will allow Screens and short vids for Documenting Purposes, but if it’s anything like the usual Secretive Betas then yea, anyone participating will be under NDA and breaking it can get you in serious hot water…

343 will have appropriate channels for feedback

> 2533274856304279;2:
> I remember reading a clause in the insiders contract, saying not to do this.
> Why? idk honestly, it is free advertisement in my eyes.

I think its because of bugs which the flights will probably have a few. Its a bad image to see a game with bugs even though those bugs will be patched out most likely before release. Its mostly a marketing thing and probably since MCC on Xbox had a trouble launch. Though most companies do this type of not wanting to show buggy builds so it doesn’t negatively impact sales.

But it also kind of makes it harder to point out bugs or repeatable bugs that have several steps to trigger like the Touch of Death bug in Halo 3. Or a simple example, a missing texture.
There is an invisible object on the starting room of Tsavo Highway in Halo 3. It has collusion. Though its a bit vague to go off of, since it could be a asset from another level and the game development software might auto load the texture on the software but not on the .map file so they don’t know which object isn’t really showing up. Could just be a corrupted texture file on that build of the game. But there will be a little confusion unless someone takes a picture or records the issue.
Edit: Nevermind, seems a mod answered it

You mean NDA? DMCA is about taking down copyright infringement, NDA is basically about making sure leaks don’t happen.

I believe that recording a closed testing build will likely breach the TOS.

I think it’s going to have a pretty strict NDA, so no sharing anything about any tests you get into.

> 2533274978100484;8:
> You mean NDA? DMCA is about taking down copyright infringement, NDA is basically about making sure leaks don’t happen.

Yeah i meant NDA sorry. I remembered that on previous games i did this all they all usually have a very strict NDA ; I guess they wouldnt want people think its the final product if it has bugs or if it doesnt run well.

> 2535428983681341;11:
> > 2533274978100484;8:
> > You mean NDA? DMCA is about taking down copyright infringement, NDA is basically about making sure leaks don’t happen.
>
> Yeah i meant NDA sorry. I remembered that on previous games i did this all they all usually have a very strict NDA ; I guess they wouldnt want people think its the final product if it has bugs or if it doesnt run well.

That’s usually the reason why a NDA gets implemented in the first place, yes.

Huh, I had no idea the title of a forum thread can be changed…

No but Im guessing it could be allowed anything that involves not sharing the stuff with anyone because its agains the non-disclosure agreement but in my case I wont even try, just helping with th MCC on pc Im OK!

I’m pretty sure us signing up for the Insider program had a little thing in there about us agreeing to not disclose anything about the builds to the public, because “something something pre-release builds are not characteristic of the final product yadda yadda”.

I think video recording for bug reports is fine, since that’ll give 343 context for a problem, but recording/streaming for public consumption isn’t. Of course, that’s just what I’m thinking will be the case. We’ll get more info as the flights get closer.

Yea at first like most flights and alphas there will be an NDA. Then towards the end when it goes to BETA the NDA will probably be removed.

Most of these sort of things (alpha builds) have had NDA’s for when I was a part of testing them. Battlefront EA, Insurgency Sandstorm, Keystone, et cetera.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this one went down the same route; I like to read all the paperwork for some reason anyways lol.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/243780d3b80b4bb6ac7917a8942286db/topics/are-the-flights-under-nda/0c9f16b8-5290-4aa0-91a3-f72de9d7738a/posts

this has already been discussed

Yes, the PC and Xbox One flights will have NDA’s attached. That is a given.

Of course it will have NDA’s. Why won’t it, you agreed to that during the flight signup too.

Keep it a nice secret like they did before MCC was announced on PC out of the blue (still keep it a secret afterwards too).