update won't start. can't play...

Won’t let me play any game mode. Says to restart the game to update it. Iv restarted it several times and nothing has happened… These issues are becoming extremely annoying.

hard reset your xbox (hold the power button still it shuts down) then try it

> 2533274848354530;2:
> hard reset your xbox (hold the power button still it shuts down) then try it. Ready did that

> 2533274848354530;2:
> hard reset your xbox (hold the power button still it shuts down) then try it

Already did that.

[deleted]

Same here. Cant start the game after the Update! Where is the Support? No one there?

turned my xbox off stretching my arms while the update was installing, cant connect to the Halo 5 servers now.

Same issue. This is Bunk! Game has crap story but now I can’t even wade into it!

Yup same problem here, You would have thought that paying a stupid amount of money for a console, xbox live and a badly made game with a crap campaign, they would give a bit better of a customer service to us wouldn’t you?

Please fix this.

Same here. Unable to play Halo 5, unable to download the update. I’m sorry I bought the X One. I purchased it about 4 months ago with The Master Chief Collection. That was a nightmare. About 50% of the time, my friends and I couldn’t connect and that was a game that had been out for a long time. Was excited for Halo 5 but not worth it. I’m guessing I can get a good trade in on my X One and get a PS4. I’ve been on the XBox for 10 or so years and I’m done. Pathetic support.

Finally got it to work. Did a hard shut down by holding down the power button for 10 seconds. Unplugged the Xbox for 3 minutes or so. Plugged back in. Rebooted. Tried the download, didn’t work. Tested internet connection (again) worked (again). Clicked on “retry” for the download and finally got it to work. Not sure if any of this mattered or if it was random.

Aggravating purchase. Don’t feel like playing the game now once the update loads…

EDIT: Ignore post. Read title of thread wrong.

Seems a major bug was in this update.

Try this resolution, seems to work for most…

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/e0d9938206f04a598ce84f2c8cadce02/topics/game-is-shutting-off-by-itself/586acf1d-fde0-479a-981c-92d302e69f79/posts

I had the same issue. Just keep trying to start the game. That’s what worked for me.

I had the same problem what I did to fix it is first I held the xbox button for 10 seconds then I unplugged my xbox and when I started it again I read under the games and apps halo 5 guardians updating and now I’m at 80% so try that