UPDATE THE MARINE MECHANICS

I know this isn’t a popular topic to talk about. But I kind of noticed the marines haven’t really been touched since Halo 2-3. So I got to say with Halo Infinite, why not bring them to life? Instead of them running around with you while taking cover and shoot at the covenant. Why not have a marine drag or carry the wounded to safety during combat? Why not have the marines talk like actual military personnel, and have radio comms traffic going through their radios? Why not have one marine tap the other marine’s back when transitioning from point A to B in a combat situation? Why not have the marines do something tactical like, “frag & clear,” or check their corners, etc? I know this is not a popular topic to bring up, but I truly think beefing up the marines with some nicer AI could really add to the immersion.

> 2533274795922008;1:
> I know this isn’t a popular topic to talk about. But I kind of noticed the marines haven’t really been touched since Halo 2-3. So I got to say with Halo Infinite, why not bring them to life? Instead of them running around with you while taking cover and shoot at the covenant. Why not have a marine drag or carry the wounded to safety during combat? Why not have the marines talk like actual military personnel, and have radio comms traffic going through their radios? Why not have one marine tap the other marine’s back when transitioning from point A to B in a combat situation? Why not have the marines do something tactical like, “frag & clear,” or check their corners, etc? I know this is not a popular topic to bring up, but I truly think beefing up the marines with some nicer AI could really add to the immersion.

Well they have changed in that they have almost no presence anymore.
To answer your question as to why, its a lot of work to implement so many lines of dialogue and animations and was probably seen as poor use of resources at 343i.

I hope we get more of them and they have more animation going forward. I hope the squad commands allow you to order marine squads you meet on the ring with tags on you hud like in CE. They should throw you weapons/equipment/ammo and tag enemy AI. Jump on grenades. Latter in game use flares to burn biomass with CNS’s to stop flood forming combat forms.

The reason they haven’t been touched on since H3 is that they really don’t have a role in H4 and H5. I’m struggling to remember any standard marines in the campaign aside from a couple in the background of a cut scene or two. The Spartan IV’s kinda seemed to replace them as allies during game play.

> I hope we get more of them and they have more animation going forward. I hope the squad commands allow you to order marine squads you meet on the ring with tags on you hud like in CE. They should throw you weapons/equipment/ammo and tag enemy AI. Jump on grenades. Latter in game use flares to burn biomass with CNS’s to stop flood forming combat forms.

Agree with this from Modod

Would be nice to be able to call back a warthog in the field so you can use it, as opposed to having to chase the warthog down.

Yea, I’m with ya. I miss the old marines. Used to always try keeping them alive for their idle banter (and weapons of course…). Rocket trooper was always an asset riding shotgun in the hog.

> 2533274795922008;1:
> I know this isn’t a popular topic to talk about. But I kind of noticed the marines haven’t really been touched since Halo 2-3. So I got to say with Halo Infinite, why not bring them to life? Instead of them running around with you while taking cover and shoot at the covenant. Why not have a marine drag or carry the wounded to safety during combat? Why not have the marines talk like actual military personnel, and have radio comms traffic going through their radios? Why not have one marine tap the other marine’s back when transitioning from point A to B in a combat situation? Why not have the marines do something tactical like, “frag & clear,” or check their corners, etc? I know this is not a popular topic to bring up, but I truly think beefing up the marines with some nicer AI could really add to the immersion.

I dont like that idea. Marines in Halo consider me to be what I call “Ragdoll units”. Meaning they are units to have a simple command to kill the enemy. Giving them so many programs and animations, its like they are scripted to do so in a cinematic. And for that, it will only remind me your ally AIs in Call of Duty (personally to me i feel like they do nothing but act like they are doing something).

How the marines are now is fine to me. Only buffs I want them to have is better aim as well as knowing their position when they have a certain weapon, aka, donʻt go close range with a sniper.

i want the marines in wz to not see camo as easily, its annoying how they spray at you until someone spots you…

Considering a small team of Marines were seen before the Chief in the trailer we got, I’m strongly hoping that keeping the non-Spartan humans around to do… Stuff, will be vastly important. That said, I do hope a few Spartan IVs also stick around for the same purpose. And both receive a hefty bonus to “Able to do things” skills.

Could see both taking cover and supporting the player and other AI, but I kind of want to see them have more options such as ‘going berserk’ like CE Marines did.

Would be cool