UPDATE the MAPS PLZ PLZ

currently a lot of the maps in halo reach have remained untouched, or un-tweaked. sanctuary is a fine example. why, exactly, are we not using the MLG basically professionally forged sanctuary remake? or, why are we not using one of the other amazingly done sanctuary remakes? theres so many strictly-better sanctuary remakes, its RIDICULOUS. just pick one and use it! the same goes for every map, across the board. please use the community-made remakes that are incredibly done. they are out there, and theres a LOT of them.

also, at the very least take out the ‘soft kill barriers’ on every map, and change them to ‘hard kill barriers’. you should not be able to stand in the hand of god, for 10 ****ing seconds. whats the kill time in halo reach, on average? about 2 seconds? DO THE MATH. nerfing jet pack exploit spots should be at the top of the priority list for updates. fixing maps so jet pack isnt straight laughable (like reflection how red team gets rockets, sniper, AND shotgun, whilst blue team gets sword; all because of JET PACK).

another thing i feel needs to be addressed is the general state of sword base. the map, quite frankly, is a mess for competitive play. the entire map is basically one giant choke point. a teleporter from the bottom of the map to the top of the ‘attic’ would remedy a LOT of this congestion. at the very least, some initial spawns should be tweaked so red team doesnt instantly get control of about 75% of the map off the spawn(erm… surely this is a problem?).

another good post by IQ. we should play some objective together sometime btw.

on topic:

I agree. asylum, zealot, and countdown should be replaced with their mlg remakes. they have better spawns and weapon placement.

asylum: unbalanced due to the walls of the map and rock placement. both of the jump rocks are awkward to get up especially the red one.

arena zealot: better than spacey zealot but the lack of power weapons makes it kinda boring. the teleporter at gold in the mlg version makes it flow a lot better too.

countdown: another map with a lack of good power weapons. shotgun and sword are ok but sniper + rockets + over shield make that map a battle for weapon control instead of just top control.

another thing I think should change is the casual friendly spawns in objective. just watch this video: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=20897015&player=x%20F%20equals%20MA%20x

my team gets a great setup and grabs their flag. our setup is broken and the other team grabs and captures our flag because three of their players at our jump rock. it seems like once you lock down the other teams side of the map they spawn in random locations on your side.

> <mark>another good post by IQ. we should play some objective together sometime btw.</mark>
>
> on topic:
>
> I agree. asylum, zealot, and countdown should be replaced with their mlg remakes. they have better spawns and weapon placement.
>
> asylum: unbalanced due to the walls of the map and rock placement. both of the jump rocks are awkward to get up especially the red one.
>
> arena zealot: better than spacey zealot but the lack of power weapons makes it kinda boring. the teleporter at gold in the mlg version makes it flow a lot better too.
>
> countdown: another map with a lack of good power weapons. shotgun and sword are ok but sniper + rockets + over shield make that map a battle for weapon control instead of just top control.
>
> another thing I think should change is the casual friendly spawns in objective. just watch this video: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=20897015&player=x%20F%20equals%20MA%20x
>
> my team gets a great setup and grabs their flag. our setup is broken and the other team grabs and captures our flag because three of their players at our jump rock. it seems like once you lock down the other teams side of the map they spawn in random locations on your side.

Count me in. :slight_smile:

On topic: I rarely play MLG anything, but I have played on their version of Sanctuary, and it is far better than Asylum. 343i should put that in Matchmaking ASAP.

> > <mark>another good post by IQ. we should play some objective together sometime btw.</mark>
> >
> > on topic:
> >
> > I agree. asylum, zealot, and countdown should be replaced with their mlg remakes. they have better spawns and weapon placement.
> >
> > asylum: unbalanced due to the walls of the map and rock placement. both of the jump rocks are awkward to get up especially the red one.
> >
> > arena zealot: better than spacey zealot but the lack of power weapons makes it kinda boring. the teleporter at gold in the mlg version makes it flow a lot better too.
> >
> > countdown: another map with a lack of good power weapons. shotgun and sword are ok but sniper + rockets + over shield make that map a battle for weapon control instead of just top control.
> >
> > another thing I think should change is the casual friendly spawns in objective. just watch this video: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=20897015&player=x%20F%20equals%20MA%20x
> >
> > my team gets a great setup and grabs their flag. our setup is broken and the other team grabs and captures our flag because three of their players at our jump rock. it seems like once you lock down the other teams side of the map they spawn in random locations on your side.
>
> Count me in. :slight_smile:
>
> On topic: I rarely play MLG anything, but I have played on their version of Sanctuary, and it is far better than Asylum. 343i should put that in Matchmaking ASAP.

ya, its weird that were still using the old bungie-forged maps, when there are literally HUNDREDS of strictly-better remakes. the MLG sanc is incredible in comparison! its literally like looking at a childs drawing compared to a professional artists. bungie has made some pretty cool maps, but as far as their forged maps go, they really didnt make anything exceptionally good. or, at the very least, theres a MASSIVE amount of room for improvement in these maps.

> another good post by IQ. we should play some objective together sometime btw.
>
> on topic:
>
> I agree. asylum, zealot, and countdown should be replaced with their mlg remakes. they have better spawns and weapon placement.
>
> asylum: unbalanced due to the walls of the map and rock placement. both of the jump rocks are awkward to get up especially the red one.
>
> arena zealot: better than spacey zealot but the lack of power weapons makes it kinda boring. the teleporter at gold in the mlg version makes it flow a lot better too.
>
> countdown: another map with a lack of good power weapons. shotgun and sword are ok but sniper + rockets + over shield make that map a battle for weapon control instead of just top control.
>
> another thing I think should change is the casual friendly spawns in objective. just watch this video: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=20897015&player=x%20F%20equals%20MA%20x
>
> my team gets a great setup and grabs their flag. our setup is broken and the other team grabs and captures our flag because three of their players at our jump rock. it seems like once you lock down the other teams side of the map they spawn in random locations on your side.

yea! that video is ridiculous. one team wipes the other, clearing out the enemy base, just to have the other team spawn in the base they arent even occupying. its like they got a free uncontested flag grab AND flank AND they are in the perfect spot to defend, all because of SPAWNING!

> > another good post by IQ. we should play some objective together sometime btw.
> >
> > on topic:
> >
> > I agree. asylum, zealot, and countdown should be replaced with their mlg remakes. they have better spawns and weapon placement.
> >
> > asylum: unbalanced due to the walls of the map and rock placement. both of the jump rocks are awkward to get up especially the red one.
> >
> > arena zealot: better than spacey zealot but the lack of power weapons makes it kinda boring. the teleporter at gold in the mlg version makes it flow a lot better too.
> >
> > countdown: another map with a lack of good power weapons. shotgun and sword are ok but sniper + rockets + over shield make that map a battle for weapon control instead of just top control.
> >
> > another thing I think should change is the casual friendly spawns in objective. just watch this video: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=20897015&player=x%20F%20equals%20MA%20x
> >
> > my team gets a great setup and grabs their flag. our setup is broken and the other team grabs and captures our flag because three of their players at our jump rock. it seems like once you lock down the other teams side of the map they spawn in random locations on your side.
>
> yea! that video is ridiculous. one team wipes the other, clearing out the enemy base, just to have the other team spawn in the base they arent even occupying. its like they got a free uncontested flag grab AND flank AND they are in the perfect spot to defend, all because of SPAWNING!

A part of me died when I just saw that video.

So

STUPID.

couldn’t agree more

[deleted]

Last I checked, MLG’s Sanctuary variant:

A. Was 100% forged, and hence, a boring sea of grey (a source of major complaint)
B. Was unsuitable for 4 player split-screen - and no matter how much you -Yoink- and moan, there ARE people that use 4p split, and they are NOT dropping support for it.

Well, this is really the main thing we should care about : maps.
Absolutely agree with OP, a good map should prevent Jet-pack fest.
And, I know some edited maps with improved gameplay/fixed flaws and no framerate issues that could make it in MM.

I forgot to mention the pit. I don’t think it plays very well with sprint but I wouldn’t mind seeing it in team snipers.

> Last I checked, MLG’s Sanctuary variant:
>
> A. Was 100% forged, and hence, a boring sea of grey (a source of major complaint)
> B. Was unsuitable for 4 player split-screen - and no matter how much you -Yoink!- and moan, there ARE people that use 4p split, and they are NOT dropping support for it.

theres screen lag on every forged map in 4 player split screen. the game wasnt designed well enough to play with forge blocks in the first place, let alone mashing 4 players rendering the same things.

if you dont want screen lag, dont play 4 player on forge maps.

and why, exactly, do these 3 random people who dont even have accounts get priority over someone who has paid for xbox live for the past what… 8 years?

> > Last I checked, MLG’s Sanctuary variant:
> >
> > A. Was 100% forged, and hence, a boring sea of grey (a source of major complaint)
> > B. Was unsuitable for 4 player split-screen - and no matter how much you -Yoink!- and moan, there ARE people that use 4p split, and they are NOT dropping support for it.
>
> theres screen lag on every forged map in 4 player split screen. the game wasnt designed well enough to play with forge blocks in the first place, let alone mashing 4 players rendering the same things.
>
> if you dont want screen lag, dont play 4 player on forge maps.
>
> and why, exactly, do these 3 random people who dont even have accounts get priority over someone who has paid for xbox live for the past what… 8 years?

They’re piggybacking off a single Xbox. You’re also assuming people don’t play 4 player split with all their own gamertags, which they do.

As it stands, the MLG variant of Sanctuary is only viable for 2 player split, and unplayable in 4. Asylum has a bit of lag in 4 split but remains playable. Technically, it could be added to Team Slayer, since Team Slayer is limited to 2 local players.

I’m not much of a competitive player, but with the few games of MLG I’ve played, Sanctuary definitely feels better than Asylum. Sure, it’s a very boring sea of grey, but it plays much better than Asylum seems to. I don’t really care about the weapon spawns on either map, so that doesn’t matter much to me, but I wouldn’t complain if they replaced Asylum with Sanctuary!

> currently a lot of the maps in halo reach have remained untouched, or un-tweaked. sanctuary is a fine example. why, exactly, are we not using the MLG basically professionally forged sanctuary remake? or, why are we not using one of the other amazingly done sanctuary remakes? theres so many strictly-better sanctuary remakes, its RIDICULOUS. just pick one and use it! the same goes for every map, across the board. please use the community-made remakes that are incredibly done. they are out there, and theres a LOT of them.
>
> also, at the very least take out the ‘soft kill barriers’ on every map, and change them to ‘hard kill barriers’. you should not be able to stand in the hand of god, for 10 ****ing seconds. whats the kill time in halo reach, on average? about 2 seconds? DO THE MATH. nerfing jet pack exploit spots should be at the top of the priority list for updates. fixing maps so jet pack isnt straight laughable (like reflection how red team gets rockets, sniper, AND shotgun, whilst blue team gets sword; all because of JET PACK).
>
> another thing i feel needs to be addressed is the general state of sword base. the map, quite frankly, is a mess for competitive play. the entire map is basically one giant choke point. a teleporter from the bottom of the map to the top of the ‘attic’ would remedy a LOT of this congestion. at the very least, some initial spawns should be tweaked so red team doesnt instantly get control of about 75% of the map off the spawn(erm… surely this is a problem?).

I agree that the mlg maps are better, but that whole switching soft kill barriers for hard kill just to stop jet pack rushing and a few 10 sec camp spots seems a bit silly to me. If they really didn’t want someone to get to certain spots they should of used the actual barriers that push you out of the spot they didnt want you at. After that its fair play even if it does seem a bit cheap.

> also, at the very least take out the ‘soft kill barriers’ on every map, and change them to ‘hard kill barriers’. you should not be able to stand in the hand of god, for 10 ****ing seconds. whats the kill time in halo reach, on average? about 2 seconds? DO THE MATH. nerfing jet pack exploit spots should be at the top of the priority list for updates. fixing maps so jet pack isnt straight laughable (like reflection how red team gets rockets, sniper, AND shotgun, whilst blue team gets sword; all because of JET PACK).

I agree the maps should be updated.

If they make the effort to update the maps, I would appreciate updating them with Armor Abilities as Equipment Pick Ups. Some maps shouldn’t have jet pack at all. The ones that need jetpack for balance (blue team on sword base) should have it as a pick up.

Other maps would be interesting to play with only 1 or 2 select armor abilities available as equipment.

Not every map has to be played with sprint default and armor abilities as pickups, but they should be ready to be played that way if a certain gametype is selected. I would be in favor of making a playlist set up this way.

If they can do this, it would ultimately fix the soft kill problem as well.

> > currently a lot of the maps in halo reach have remained untouched, or un-tweaked. sanctuary is a fine example. why, exactly, are we not using the MLG basically professionally forged sanctuary remake? or, why are we not using one of the other amazingly done sanctuary remakes? theres so many strictly-better sanctuary remakes, its RIDICULOUS. just pick one and use it! the same goes for every map, across the board. please use the community-made remakes that are incredibly done. they are out there, and theres a LOT of them.
> >
> > also, at the very least take out the ‘soft kill barriers’ on every map, and change them to ‘hard kill barriers’. you should not be able to stand in the hand of god, for 10 ****ing seconds. whats the kill time in halo reach, on average? about 2 seconds? DO THE MATH. nerfing jet pack exploit spots should be at the top of the priority list for updates. fixing maps so jet pack isnt straight laughable (like reflection how red team gets rockets, sniper, AND shotgun, whilst blue team gets sword; all because of JET PACK).
> >
> > another thing i feel needs to be addressed is the general state of sword base. the map, quite frankly, is a mess for competitive play. the entire map is basically one giant choke point. a teleporter from the bottom of the map to the top of the ‘attic’ would remedy a LOT of this congestion. at the very least, some initial spawns should be tweaked so red team doesnt instantly get control of about 75% of the map off the spawn(erm… surely this is a problem?).
>
> I agree that the mlg maps are better, but that whole switching soft kill barriers for hard kill just to stop jet pack rushing and a few 10 sec camp spots seems a bit silly to me. If they really didn’t want someone to get to certain spots they should of used the actual barriers that push you out of the spot they didnt want you at. After that its fair play even if it does seem a bit cheap.

so you understand that people shouldnt be in these spots, but as long as its 10 seconds (enough time to kill 5 people?!?!?) its ok?

cant say i understand your logic.

‘cheap’ is hardly the word i would use to describe someone standing in an exploit spot that the game developers could easily remove with literally 2 minutes of forging. heck! i’d even re-add kill barriers to all the maps!

Ridiculous thread.

Just go and play your precious -Yoink- mlg hopper, get all the mlg maps you can handle.

There, problem fixed.

I’m all for updates and map switch outs.

I agree 100% with the use of a true Sanctuary remake. I would prefer it over asylum any day of the week.