Update - SWAT still broken

For those who thought the update would fix SWAT it’s not happening. The only thing 343 did was lengthen the spawn time from 1 to 3 seconds. Now you just wait 2 more seconds before being spawned in the same locations before the update.

Thanks 343 really appreciate all the hard work you put into making SWAT a complete train wreck.

SWAT is not a trainwreck in my opinion! The spawn times have been lenghthen! THANKS 343!

Thats what they said they were going to do.

That’s all they said they were going to do. No where ,in any update did they say that they were going to make you better at swat.

> 2533274800197043;4:
> That’s all they said they were going to do. No where ,in any update did they say that they were going to make you better at swat.

Lol exactly.

gives me 2 more seconds to live :sunglasses:

> 2533274830276412;6:
> gives me 2 more seconds to live :sunglasses:

More like 2 seconds in purgatory while waiting to respawn. All this updated did was make a broken game like SWAT even longer to finish. SMH.

I hope they bring the BR/DMR selection back and keep magnum as a side weapon.

> 2533274818030829;8:
> I hope they bring the BR/DMR selection back and keep magnum as a side weapon.

343 can’t even fix this game let alone make it better.

> 2533274800197043;4:
> That’s all they said they were going to do. No where ,in any update did they say that they were going to make you better at swat.

It was never a skill issue. Duh. It’s garbage game design. When you can repeatedly spawn trap opponents b/c of the map/spawn locations then you fix the map. Simply making players wait 2 seconds longer while waiting to respawn only to be killed again does nothing to fix the problem.

But that’s 343’s incompetence when it comes to patching things. Look how they handled the MCC as evidence.

Thats what happens when you put one shot kills on a small map. Enemy players disperse making it difficult for the game to determine a safe area to spawn. Having an extra two seconds for your potential spawn point to clear out is actually a huge benefit.

I also find it relatively simple to escape a spawn kill. I always boost a direction giving me a split second to scan the area for enemies and kill them before they get the shot off.

> 2533274800197043;4:

this is exactly what I said : spawn times won’t make a difference if we are still spawning on our dead body. That has nothing to do with skill if I am being repeatedly spawn killed, and it doesn’t make you a skilled player to kill someone just spawning in. I don’t know why people think they are king -Yoink- by doing that. they need to fix the spawn points. the respawn time wasn’t the issue in my opinion. I like spawning in quickly, because it is a face paced game. come on 343 lets get Swat back to how Swat is supposed to be. Also its not called magnums, we don’t come to play swat to play magnums 99% of the time. More BR time and add the DMR back in for the LOVE OF SWAT !!! Swat has always been my favourite playlist and its just so disappointing to see it like this.

> 2533274840624875;11:
> Thats what happens when you put one shot kills on a small map. Enemy players disperse making it difficult for the game to determine a safe area to spawn. Having an extra two seconds for your potential spawn point to clear out is actually a huge benefit.
>
> I also find it relatively simple to escape a spawn kill. I always boost a direction giving me a split second to scan the area for enemies and kill them before they get the shot off.

SWAT has played well in earlier Halos on small maps. But you can repeatedly spawn trap on maps including the Rig and Coliseum. In my last game on Eden I got a kill streak by having the same 2-3 players spawn near Security. Only difference now is that I can rest my trigger finger for an extra second.

Using your jet pack makes it easier for me to know where you are b/c of the sound. You don’t know where the enemy is at anyway.

343 said they were increasing the spawn time to fix the spawn killing problem. They didn’t even test it out. During the first game post-update everyone on my team was commenting about how broken the game is.

playing last night and again this morning, I found respawning in the game was a lot better. there was still the odd time I spawned close to an enemy but I am not spawning directly where I just died anymore. is swat fixed? no, in my opinion they still need to fix this magnum issue. played 10 games again in a row today all magnums. so frustrating.

> 2533274818030829;8:
> I hope they bring the BR/DMR selection back and keep magnum as a side weapon.

You’re referring to loadouts, which is one of the very specific things people hated about Halo 4. (and also Reach, but to a lesser extent because it was done better in that case) When you hear people say “Halo 4 was CoD with warthogs” that feature is one of several issues they’re referring to. (Some others being supply drops, the progression system affecting game balance and the scoring system)