Update Forge Budget?

I heard it was updated once and boundaries were as well. Do you think that will happen again in the next update? Will it not, or will it just update something else?

I’m hoping it’ll update everything.

2000 object count
2000 script count
200 group count
Fx goes yellow at 100%
Lightmap goes yellow at 200%
Physics goes yellow at 200%
Collision goes yellow at 100%
Boundaries in glacier, parralax, and alpine get updated, extended out more, plus more room in the up/down.

I hope this will happen but I’m going to gander it won’t, do you think any of this will happen or forge canvas we are getting going to be smaller than the 3 we have?

It’s not limits that they can freely change, the reason they limit you is because it lags the game and will crash it if you go too far.

> 2533274918639469;1:
> I heard it was updated once and boundaries were as well. Do you think that will happen again in the next update? Will it not, or will it just update something else?
>
> I’m hoping it’ll update everything.
>
> 2000 object count
> 2000 script count
> 200 group count
> Fx goes yellow at 100%
> Lightmap goes yellow at 200%
> Physics goes yellow at 200%
> Collision goes yellow at 100%
> Boundaries in glacier, parralax, and alpine get updated, extended out more, plus more room in the up/down.
>
> I hope this will happen but I’m going to gander it won’t, do you think any of this will happen or forge canvas we are getting going to be smaller than the 3 we have?

I personally believe that we should get 3,025 as our Object limit. The regular is to limiting and whenever I forge huge maps, I plan on putting details in the map to make it feel organized.

> 2533274977273430;3:
> > 2533274918639469;1:
> > I heard it was updated once and boundaries were as well. Do you think that will happen again in the next update? Will it not, or will it just update something else?
> >
> > I’m hoping it’ll update everything.
> >
> > 2000 object count
> > 2000 script count
> > 200 group count
> > Fx goes yellow at 100%
> > Lightmap goes yellow at 200%
> > Physics goes yellow at 200%
> > Collision goes yellow at 100%
> > Boundaries in glacier, parralax, and alpine get updated, extended out more, plus more room in the up/down.
> >
> > I hope this will happen but I’m going to gander it won’t, do you think any of this will happen or forge canvas we are getting going to be smaller than the 3 we have?
>
>
> I personally believe that we should get 3,025 as our Object limit. The regular is to limiting and whenever I forge huge maps, I plan on putting details in the map to make it feel organized.

As the above dude said the maps do get laggier the more the stuff on it. But it also deter mines the objects and things used in the map. I’d rather have 5000 object limit but then people would abuse that for crashing other peoples consoles.

So this is why I set it at 2000, plus the limits boosted by an additional 100%. This way true professional forgers can build btb and warzone maps with running out.

> 2533274944621319;2:
> It’s not limits that they can freely change, the reason they limit you is because it lags the game and will crash it if you go too far.

As I realize this it can be easily prevented if you know how to forge, if you understand 343i’s mechanics. I know as I’m making a warzone map. I’m limited in budget but nothing laggy so far except for the waterfall. But not bad at all. BTB MYM Artificial in my fs, it’s huge.

Tips are
Use big pieces
Make sure collision is low on object. Bette to use 4 natural pieces for 1% collision than one piece with 2% collision.
When using scripts, make sure to delete the script instead of object if you don’t want it
If you do have a script error, move object out of map and apply script to force it to despawn.
So far lag is caused by broken scripts. Fix them fix you’re lag.

I honestly wish we could just turn off the lighting all together.

I agree