update for custom game options

CUSTOM GAME OPTIONS/GAME TYPES:

Loadout Options and the ability to give each team different loadouts.

Team trait settings, give different teams their own traits or weapons.

Fall damage return.

Revive teammate. Including infected players being able to be revived /cured.

Disable green weapon highlights

Proximity chat option, maybe even have a in game toggle, just press down on the d-pad to switch between all/proximity/Off.

Force assassinations on/off.

Spawn with no weapons or maybe just a empty sword

Enable all players unlocked assassinations, so people don’t have to use the same one the whole time.

Return of the bonus points for more than just kills, betrays and suicides points.

shield and health decay settings.

convert settings in all modes to allow any player to convert to the team that killed them.

toggle descope

Toggle scope/zoom ability . good for unique modes or snap shot only modes.

Auto set traits- in any slayer or objective mode will have a setting to toggle between slayer or swat so you can easialy turn any mode into a swat version like swat flags, koth swat, oddball swat ect. That way you don’t need a million saved modes.

Auto ball pickup.

swap spawn features - Rounds settings that allows the players swap spawns on each round. Spawns can stay in place but the player can spawn through a different color on a different round.

Return/collect hill options-works with gamemodes like stockpile or headhunters.

Toggle s flag/Ball carrier sprint.

Prop hunt options/mode

Infection types/loadouts should have the option for separate forms with different traits or loadouts as well as loadouts for survivals.

medals madness return with additional medals like ground pound or spartan charge.

Taking damage from melee,shots can change traits and or give points- if you are injured by the opposite team your traits would change, one custom game example would be freeze tag if the It guy melees a player he freezes until a team member hits him to unfreeze or maybe a tag game where you can only get points for not being It, so you will have to someone else to be able to get points.

Custom game lobby for browsers so you can pick up some player before you start your match.

Weapons on map - toggle types, random and select tier 1, tier 2, tier 3, reqs or all.

Return spartan abilities- sprint, jetpack, armor lock, auto turret, evade, hardlight shield camo, ground pound , bubble shield, thrust booster/double jump.

Point system in custom games/Earn and spend points- for example to collect points you would have to do certain things like shoot targets, find items, kill enemies, survive for a certain time ect. To use your point collected you would go to a script button or object to buy weapons,vehicle,walls or even despawn blockers, open pathways build up your base defenses like dominion walls ect, with these option you could make all kinds of modes.

2d camera options so we can make classic games like mario. Snap the camera out on a side view so we can create mario maps all kinds of classic styled games.

Upgrade mode/options so if you kill another player you will gain a trait, weapon or powerups advantage until you are killed and have to restart or have the powerups run out.

Juggernaut

FORGE ITEMS:

Trait boosts/health packs pickups and more-In my survival mode i wanted peoples shield and health to slowly decrease so it would for players to run up to plants that would give them their strength, health or speed, what i would like to see is the option to have your shields, health, speed strength decay and the ability to script a plant, health pack, crate, water zone could be grabbed to give a % increase to your traits.

Dominion turrets and distructable covers

Team specific trait zones that can be set to specific teams.

Placable Seats with and without turrets attached including invisible ones so you can add seats to your map maybe add additional seats to warthogs, tanks or make unique modes, maybe put real seats on a drivable pelican.

vehicles with team colors options return.

Loot crate stashes- placeable trigger/button to spawn a weapon or random weapons.

Mirror tool option for forge to make.

Leader has player visible ranks, in custom games.

FORGE MAP OPTIONS:
Attach custom Game modes to maps so people don’t have to worry about finding the right mode for each map, just check the load linked mode box on the map.

Create a playlist. for example choose a classic halo slayer mode and go through the menu and select multiple maps.

Create and name folders to add maps or modes so you can sort your own maps and modes for easier access

PARTY LEADER/CUSTOM BROWSER OPTIONS:

Leader Kick players* during your match if a player is not playing correctly or are inactive.

Leader select/lock/unlock teams options for each player before and after the match has started.

Toggle Auto balance

Sorry i wrote most of these fast to microsoft word as i looked up and came up with these ideas so it will be a little messy, here’s some questions for you, thanks!

(1)What is custom games missing or what would you like 343 to add possibly in a future update or in a future halo?

(2)What options are you missing for the unique modes you would like to create?

More than 1 life or infinate. (2,3, 5 lives etc)
Ability to sprint while holding flags and bombs.
Stockpile settings for CTF.

ADDED TO TOP

> 2533274983213185;2:
> More than 1 life or infinate. (2,3, 5 lives etc)
> .
> Ability to sprint while holding flags and bombs.
> .
> Stockpile settings for CTF.

I did a huge edit so i wanted to bump my thread instead of creating a new post. plus i wanted to respond to your post didnt even know that the life options were limited to 1 or unlimited, it would be nice to have the other chioces return. The speed flag and stockpile was a really fun mode in my opinion and i would love to see those options back and one that will allow us to disable the magnum with the flag.

HERE’S SOME THAT I LIKED

• Points. Earn and spend points by killing or collecting them in a match, this can help people that want and have remade cod zombies to allow players to earn points to unlock rooms or buy weapons, vehicles or base upgrades. It opens A door for many fun modes that are not possible right now. - Team specific traits in custom options and trait zones that can be team specific. - 2D game creator settings would also open the door for some really awesome maps and classic nintendo remakes. I would like to add a fixed camera for arcade style race modes were you are looking at a slanted top view of the whole track and drive your car without the camera following behind. - The preset traits would be nice, you could basically go to any mode and select preset traits swat to instantly turn any mode into a swat mode. so I don’t need a swat slayer, swat ffa, swat ctf, swat stronghlods, swat assault ect. And then you can make your own like classic slayer traits and just add that preset to any mode, it would be convenient and it would cutback on the time, space and clutter of having to make lots modes. - Heal people. I was a little surprised they didn’t add it since it was in the campaign. - Fall damage, loadout options, Auto objective pickup, sprint with objectives and disable flagnum would all be nice. In my opinion Some of them should have been in the game already. - Having a neat way of attaching modes to maps would make it better so you don’t have to hunt down each when you are playing others custom games, and simply checking a box would be a easy way to automatically grab the mode for that specific map or leave it unchecked and select your own mode.

The armour mods can be turned on and off, each one can be toggled individually, can be forced onto all or a list pops up. Using the new custom powerups can be placed with in them.

I’d love to have absolutely everything on your list!

The only thing I can think of that I don’t think you have on your list is Loadouts with Custom Traits. It would be similar to picking classes in Destiny, in which each class would have its own unique weapons and player traits.

For example: if I wanted to make a LOTR game mode, I would have a class for each peoples/species. The “Elf” class would give the player an Arclight (bow) and they would be faster than usual. The “Dwarf” class would give the player a Gravity Hammer (axe) and they would be slower but have more health than usual. This would work for all game modes.

> 2533274857165616;6:
> The armour mods can be turned on and off, each one can be toggled individually, can be forced onto all or a list pops up. Using the new custom powerups can be placed with in them.

I still have to figure out all the new features, i did see the custom powerups but im not fully sure what you can do with them yet but I do want to run through some forge tutorials and mess with things to figure everything out, I really enjoy trying to create maps and modes in halo.

> 2533274968423221;8:
> > 2533274857165616;6:
> > The armour mods can be turned on and off, each one can be toggled individually, can be forced onto all or a list pops up. Using the new custom powerups can be placed with in them.
>
> I still have to figure out all the new features, i did see the custom powerups but im not fully sure what you can do with them yet but I do want to run through some forge tutorials and mess with things to figure everything out, I really enjoy trying to create maps and modes in halo.

I can never finish maps, I’ll start, get to a good point and go “yep, I’m done” and I annoy myself with that.

> 2535429585915411;7:
> I’d love to have absolutely everything on your list!
>
> The only thing I can think of that I don’t think you have on your list is Loadouts with Custom Traits. It would be similar to picking classes in Destiny, in which each class would have its own unique weapons and player traits.
>
> For example: if I wanted to make a LOTR game mode, I would have a class for each peoples/species. The “Elf” class would give the player an Arclight (bow) and they would be faster than usual. The “Dwarf” class would give the player a Gravity Hammer (axe) and they would be slower but have more health than usual. This would work for all game modes.

That definitely needs to be on the list. It reminds me of this awesome flood mod named salvation in halo 4. You had 3 different floods, one was big, slow and had a lot of health, there was a little weak but fast one and one inbetween. if a survivor got hit he would slowly become infected, you could even see him changing into the flood skin and his speed would slow down until he couldn’t move and than becomes infected if your team member doesn’t get to you to cure you. Thats why i put some of the infection options in the list, because it was a lot of fun.

Loadouts with custom traits would be a great addition, awesome idea!.. oh then we should have the abilities come back and make a health gun to go for a evolve game like mode,ha!

> 2533274857165616;9:
> > 2533274968423221;8:
> > > 2533274857165616;6:
> > > The armour mods can be turned on and off, each one can be toggled individually, can be forced onto all or a list pops up. Using the new custom powerups can be placed with in them.
> >
> > I still have to figure out all the new features, i did see the custom powerups but im not fully sure what you can do with them yet but I do want to run through some forge tutorials and mess with things to figure everything out, I really enjoy trying to create maps and modes in halo.
>
> I can never finish maps, I’ll start, get to a good point and go “yep, I’m done” and I annoy myself with that.

I do the same, but now that there’s custom games i’m going to do it more often but hopefully i will also end up with more finished maps than without the browser. I was giving up, because without splitscreen or a custom browser i was just making maps to sit there and that wasn’t going well for me. Im really happy with these updates but they also need to make sure the scripting works properly because it can be a nightmare if your map needs to be fixed after ever update.

All these are fine and dandy, but fall damage, no.
Spartan 4’s have leg and arm braces built into the armor.

> 2533274968423221;10:
> > 2535429585915411;7:
> > I’d love to have absolutely everything on your list!
> >
> > The only thing I can think of that I don’t think you have on your list is Loadouts with Custom Traits. It would be similar to picking classes in Destiny, in which each class would have its own unique weapons and player traits.
> >
> > For example: if I wanted to make a LOTR game mode, I would have a class for each peoples/species. The “Elf” class would give the player an Arclight (bow) and they would be faster than usual. The “Dwarf” class would give the player a Gravity Hammer (axe) and they would be slower but have more health than usual. This would work for all game modes.
>
> That definitely needs to be on the list. It reminds me of this awesome flood mod named salvation in halo 4. You had 3 different floods, one was big, slow and had a lot of health, there was a little weak but fast one and one inbetween. if a survivor got hit he would slowly become infected, you could even see him changing into the flood skin and his speed would slow down until he couldn’t move and than becomes infected if your team member doesn’t get to you to cure you. Thats why i put some of the infection options in the list, because it was a lot of fun.
>
> Loadouts with custom traits would be a great addition, awesome idea!.. oh then we should have the abilities come back and make a health gun to go for a evolve game like mode,ha!

Wow, I just watched Ducain23’s video on it and it sounds awesome! Would be cool for 343i to implement this or to allow us to do it. :slight_smile:

> 2533274923926799;12:
> All these are fine and dandy, but fall damage, no.
> Spartan 4’s have leg and arm braces built into the armor.

I think that the point of having fall damage is for realistic game modes or if you’re trying to recreate something specific, not necessarily to change the Lore.

If you put it that way, then it might fly

> 2533274923926799;12:
> All these are fine and dandy, but fall damage, no.
> Spartan 4’s have leg and arm braces built into the armor.

ya but for custom games things don’t have to make sense or match the lore, as long as its fun and adds choice for people to make there modes then its good. for example spartans don’t run around hiding and pretending that they are random items just minding their business while other mean spartans are out to get them… oh wait… they do, its called prop hunt.:wink:

I didn’t need to have the fall damage for a specific mode but i got that one from someone who complained because they had a fun mode that they couldn’t remake without it. I actually didn’t even realize it was gone, same with forge plays post i didn’t notice the lives was limited to 1 or unlimited only until he posted it because he may have wanted it for his mode. I thing they need to try to keep everything from the past halos as their starting bar and then improve from there. the simple option that stopped one of my modes was the simple auto ball pickup.

Besides master chief fell from the heavens in halo 3 and needed the help of johnson to walk again, Plus I doubt a little spartan four could hop off a tall curb without feeling a little fall damage or at least a little week at the knees, they are weak!