Upcoming weapon skins- why not more varied?

Don’t get me wrong- it’s great that more content is still being added in- it’s just I find this range in weapon skins a bit disappointing.
Steampunk is great for those interested- but for those with no intention in making their weapons old timey, the remaining selections are at a handful.

Really my bone to pick is with the five bundle skins- two assault, one battle rifle and two pistol skins. There are already two assault and battle rifle skins. But none unique for the Storm Rifle.
Why not a new storm rifle and Light rifle skin? For those who didn’t purchase the Console Edition? Another unique Carbine skin would not go unappreciated either!

Good question, I think 343 wanted to be “fair” to all users this time, so people who had a favorite skin could put it with their favorite weapon.

Because Mcfarlanes new range of figures (Released this year), each one has an exclusive code for various weapons and armour include g Scout, Storm Rifle and LR

Fun fact: you get an exclusive skin with the champion dlc if you have played Spartan assault!

> Because Mcfarlanes new range of figures (Released this year), each one has an exclusive code for various weapons and armour include g Scout, Storm Rifle and LR

To avoid totaling 5 AR skins, and 4 Magnum and BR skins, buy a $11-24 action figure!

While typing that, I just noticed how cluttered the loadout menu is going to be now.

> While typing that, I just noticed how cluttered the loadout menu is going to be now.

…my God you have a point good sir!

> To avoid totaling 5 AR skins, and 4 Magnum and BR skins, buy a $11-24 action figure!
>
> While typing that, I just noticed how cluttered the loadout menu is going to be now.

Yeah… It would really be nice to have Reach’s UI or something similar in H4. The loadout menu (weapons + skins) could resemble the one that was used for armour + attachments in Reach.

I somewhat agree with the OP. It would be nice to have some more Covy skins. The steampunk skins don’t seem to fit with Covy weapons that well (although I will say the Carbine one looks pretty good).

> Fun fact: you get an exclusive skin with the champion dlc if you have played Spartan assault!

Prove it.

> > Fun fact: you get an exclusive skin with the champion dlc if you have played Spartan assault!
>
> Prove it.

It was announced at SDCC. I remember seeing it as well.

I don’t have the time right now to dig up the full story, or I would.

> Fun fact: you get an exclusive skin with the champion dlc if you have played Spartan assault!

Yeah I feel like you are lying. They have not said anything about an exclusive skin. Even if it is true it is probably some scout armor skin that makes you look like that idiot Palmer

> > > Fun fact: you get an exclusive skin with the champion dlc if you have played Spartan assault!
> >
> > Prove it.
>
> It was announced at SDCC. I remember seeing it as well.
>
> http://halofanforlife.com/wp-content/uploads/Spartan-Assault-Champions-bonus-hfflWM.png
>
> I don’t have the time right now to dig up the full story, or I would.

Sweet, hope move info was around though.

> > Fun fact: you get an exclusive skin with the champion dlc if you have played Spartan assault!
>
> Yeah I feel like you are lying. They have not said anything about an exclusive skin. Even if it is true it is probably some scout armor skin that makes you look like that idiot Palmer

He is not. I was the first one who commented on it when he posted on a topic. In fact, you even get to access AA’s in SA if you beat halo 4 on legendary or heroic.
I don’t think there is an LR skin that comes with the action figures. You are thinking of:
1 suppresor skin(Didact)
1 AR skin(Master Chief)
1 Carbine skin(Jackal)
1 storm rifle skin(Elite Ranger)
1 DMR skin(CIO #1)
1 Venator skin(Didact)
1 Scout Skin(Scout)
1 CIO Skin(CIO #2)

> Because Mcfarlanes new range of figures (Released this year), each one has an exclusive code for various weapons and armour include g Scout, Storm Rifle and LR

Arrhhh. Man you’re right, all of these skins and more- except for a lightrifle skin like Noble138 said:
http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/universe/detail/d9fa59ae-7f94-4656-b560-ecfa124be5ec/mcfarlane-series-2-unlockables

And the most annoying this is every one of those figurine skins look awesome. But still, it’s a complete jerk move for making all of them dependant on buying a particular figurine. It would be more appropriate if buying one of them unlocked the entire bundle.

Old? Steampunk is awesommeee!

> > > Fun fact: you get an exclusive skin with the champion dlc if you have played Spartan assault!
> >
> > Prove it.
>
>
> http://halofanforlife.com/wp-content/uploads/Spartan-Assault-Champions-bonus-hfflWM.png
>

Not interested in the Stance, but I cannot believe…the DMR skin, out of all the weapons it had to be my favorite precision weapon, lol. Thanks for the link though

BTW, does the skin unlock as soon as Champion Bundle is released?

> > > > Fun fact: you get an exclusive skin with the champion dlc if you have played Spartan assault!
> > >
> > > Prove it.
> >
> > It was announced at SDCC. I remember seeing it as well.
> >
> > http://halofanforlife.com/wp-content/uploads/Spartan-Assault-Champions-bonus-hfflWM.png
> >
> > I don’t have the time right now to dig up the full story, or I would.
>
> Not interested in the Stance, but I cannot believe…the DMR skin, out of all the weapons it had to be my favorite precision weapon, lol. Thanks for the link though
>
> BTW, does the skin unlock as soon as Champion Bundle is released?

From what’s been mentioned about it, that seems to be the case- once the Champion Dlc is up the Spartan Assualt content will be too.

> > > > > Fun fact: you get an exclusive skin with the champion dlc if you have played Spartan assault!
> > > >
> > > > Prove it.
> > >
> > > It was announced at SDCC. I remember seeing it as well.
> > >
> > > http://halofanforlife.com/wp-content/uploads/Spartan-Assault-Champions-bonus-hfflWM.png
> > >
> > > I don’t have the time right now to dig up the full story, or I would.
> >
> > Not interested in the Stance, but I cannot believe…the DMR skin, out of all the weapons it had to be my favorite precision weapon, lol. Thanks for the link though
> >
> > BTW, does the skin unlock as soon as Champion Bundle is released?
>
> From what’s been mentioned about it, that seems to be the case- once the Champion Dlc is up the Spartan Assualt content will be too.

Okay…looking forward to it. :slight_smile:

> >
> > Prove it.
>
>
>

Why can’t Spartan Assault be supported on iOS devices? Now I’m bummed that I can’t get a cool DMR skin because I don’t have Windows 8, a Windows Phone, or a Surface.