Unusual damage types in reach stats...

So I was looking through my friends kills in campaign and noticed some strange damage types. here’s what I found:

2 kills with “Classified (everyone has secrets)” on winter contingency.
killed by “unknown[76]” once on tip of the spear
67 kills with “unknown[76]” on Long night of solace
killed twice by “unknown[76]” on Long night of solace
killed 5 times on Exodus by “Classified (everyone has secrets)”
one kill with “unknown[76]” on New Alexandria
killed by “classified (everyone has secrets)” on Lone wolf once.

I’m pretty sure the unknown[76] on Long night of solace, at least, and probably the one on new alexandria is the pelican turret from the hanger of the covenant cruiser. I can also remember him getting into the turret when we, and a few others, performed the pelican easter egg on new alexandria. I can’t remember if he got a kill, but it seems about right.

As for how he got killed by a pelican turret on Tip of the spear? That one really doesn’t make sense to me. I guess he may have been in the wrong place at the wrong time…

I am also unsure as to what the classified (everyone has secrets) is. I’ve seen a few people who’ve been killed by it on winter contingency but never on Exodus and Lone wolf. It’s also weird that, unlike most people, he wasn’t just killed BY the classified. He had 2 kills with it on winter contingency.

Does anyone know where ANY of these damage types come from (or can prove/disprove the pelican turret being unknown[76]) and does anyone have any unusual damage types that aren’t mentioned here?

My friend’s gamertag is LLG Church367 if anyone wants to check it out for themselves.

I do know for a fact that Unknown[76] is the pelican turret. Though I’ve also heard it’s a few other things as well, though I don’t have any proof

And I’m not really sure what the classified weapons are

Ω

I think the “Classified” weapons are teamkills from an AI, but I’m not too sure.

The classified kills are definitely not AI betrayals. I’ve been betrayed by Jun so many times on Nightfall for killing the Militia but it doesn’t say I’ve ever been killed by classified on Nightfall.

I think that’d just show up as the weapon they were using, right?

The only thing I can think of are the Plasma Torpedo’s from the Corvette as classified because I got two deaths of it on LnoS. I don’t know about the other missions, you would think that the UNSC Frigate on The Tip of the Spear would be classified or something, but I guess it isn’t.

Does anyone else have deaths by ‘Classified - Classified’ on LNoS?

I have 1, and it’s not the same as ‘Classified - Everyone has secrets’.

> Does anyone else have deaths by ‘Classified - Classified’ on LNoS?
>
> I have 1, and it’s not the same as ‘Classified - Everyone has secrets’.

I’ve got two of those.

> > Does anyone else have deaths by ‘Classified - Classified’ on LNoS?
> >
> > I have 1, and it’s not the same as ‘Classified - Everyone has secrets’.
>
> I’ve got two of those.

Me too actually. And I just realised. Maybe it’s the seraph at the beginning? Or is that accounted for?

> > > Does anyone else have deaths by ‘Classified - Classified’ on LNoS?
> > >
> > > I have 1, and it’s not the same as ‘Classified - Everyone has secrets’.
> >
> > I’ve got two of those.
>
> Me too actually. And I just realised. Maybe it’s the seraph at the beginning? Or is that accounted for?

Seraph kills/deaths count as a banshee kills/deaths

Ω

I have 46 kills WITH the Guardians, and 2 deaths.

And 1 kill with classified - everybody has secrets, 2 deaths.

Thing is, I’ve never operated a Pelican cannon, or done any similar glitches before.

Here’s what I’ve found out.

The MAC Cannon at the end has it’s own list of kills under the name Onager. I’ve said this because other posts from other websites think this might be a classified weapon. The various vehicles have their own list, and the seraph and banshee share the same list. Killing a B.O.B, or being killed by a B.O.B, will just show the weapon that was used. Team kills and A.I. betrayals show the weapon that was used.

CLASSIFIED Everybody has secrets. (picture of a skull) - I had two of these as kills (me getting the kill) and I have confirmed they are from killing the Elite at the start of Winter Contingency on Legendary (the one that drops the data pad). These also count as a Guardian kill (me getting the kill). Does this mean Noble 6 is a guardian. Just a thought to ponder.

UNKNOWN (76) THIS WEAPON HAS BEEN CLASSIFIED. (picture of a question mark with ‘unknown (bug me)’ in red text) - I had one of these as a kill on Tip of the Spear. I have no idea how this occurred.

CLASSIFIED Classified (same picture as the above) - I had two of these as deaths on Long Night of Solace. I have confirmed these are by the indestructible plasma turrets on the sides of the corvette Ardent Prayer.

CLASSIFIED Everybody has secrets. - I had one of these as a death on New Alexandria. I have no idea how this occurred and I haven’t used the Pelican/Phantom glitch.

CLASSIFIED Everybody has secrets. - I had two of these on Pillar of Autumn as deaths and I have confirmed that they are from being killed by the Covenant cruiser at the end (by not shooting it before it glasses the planet).

I have quite a few of these anomalies myself:

Winter Contingency:
CLASSIFIED (Everybody has Secrets)- 4 Kills; 0 Deaths

Long Night of Solace:
UNKNOWN (76) THIS WEAPON HAS BEEN CLASSIFIED. (picture of a question mark with ‘unknown (bug me)’ in red text)- 0 Kills; 1 Death

New Alexandria:
CLASSIFIED (Everybody has Secrets)- 0 Kills; 1 Death

The Pillar of Autumn:
CLASSIFIED (Everybody has Secrets)- 0 Kills; 4 Deaths

Lone Wolf:
CLASSIFIED (Everybody has Secrets)- 0 Kills; 1 Death

I never really looked for the BOB Elites except on Winter Contingency, which makes sense that I have 4 Kills for it. However, I never looked for BOBs on the other missions so I have no idea what those deaths are accounted from. Also, I can confirm that I’ve only been destroyed by the Covenant Cruiser at the end 1 time (just to see what happens). I have no clue where the other 3 came from.

Guys this thread was inactive for almost 2 years. UMSY974 it is against forum rules to revive old threads… And Co2, your forum rank is Marine - Bronze, you should know better.

> Guys this thread was inactive for almost 2 years. UMSY974 it is against forum rules to revive old threads… And Co2, your forum rank is Marine - Bronze, you should know better.

C’mon now. You know we appreciate the help with reports but if we don’t lock a thread, it’s because we don’t see the harm in leaving it open. This one falls under that. It’s unique enough, and has enough posts, that we’re going to leave it open. No need to lecture people in thread. :slight_smile:

> Guys this thread was inactive for almost 2 years. UMSY974 it is against forum rules to revive old threads… And Co2, your forum rank is Marine - Bronze, you should know better.

Like what Snickerdoodle said. I don’t frequent the Support Forums, so when I saw this thread, I assumed it was new. I read all the comments and noticed the last one being within a day. I’m sorry, but that came off kinda rude.

Anyways, thanks Snickerdoodle for leaving this thread unlocked. It persuaded me to do the same thing in H4.

My apologies Phil Mitchell62, but I had no idea of that rule. I haven’t had Halo Waypoint for that long and I know the thread was a year old, but I had been really interested in the unusual damage types (classifieds, unknowns, etc.) and wanted to try and confirm as many of these ‘anomalies’ as possible because many of these unknown deaths are actually unknown. I’ll try to not break the rule again.

CLASSIFIED Everybody has secrets (the skull) - 2 kills and 1 death on Lone Wolf. I have confirmed this is from killing, or being killed, by your teammate in Co-op.