Untwist Your Panties and Read This

Look people these new Specializations will not give you a advantage over new/lower ranked players.

Before I get into it, first please read the IGN article:

Now that your done reading all the Mods, do you still see a advantage?
If you still do then lets talk this one down.

  • Wetworks - quieter foot steps, player shows as a outline with PV enabled (does not help with killing)
  • Pioneer - More XP per match, faster leveling up (does not help with killing)
  • Engineer - few seconds notice on Ordinance Drops, extends range (does not help with killing)
  • Tracker - re-roll ordinance drop choices (does not help with killing)
  • Rouge - sight does not zoom out when shot (does not help with killing)
  • Stalker - icon of last person that killed you (does not help with killing)
  • Pathfinder - reduced vehicle turret cool-down period (does not help with killing)
  • Operator - reduces vehicle health recharge time (does not help with killing)

So now tell me, how does any of these Mods give you a unfair/imbalanced advantage over someone who is at level 1? For any of this to apply you first have to reach level 50 in multi-player. At which point you can choose ONE Specialization to level up. To which you must gain another 10 levels to get the Mod.

So if all of these mods only enhance abilities that a skilled Halo player already has, how is it a advantage? The only I can see, and mind you very little, is the Rouge Mod that allows you to stay zoomed. But when you are playing against players of similar skill level, then you should have acquired the skill to engage without scoping in, or scoping back in between shots to stay on target.

Ranking up gains you experience and knowledge. After reaching the max rank what is there for you? This is what is nice about Specializations, it gives you 80 more ranks to gain, armor, and mods.

You have to earn these things by playing. Its that simple people.

  • Wetworks - quieter foot steps, player shows as a outline with PV enabled (does not help with killing)

Allows you to sneak up on people easier and become stealthier without using stealth. That is helpful in killing people.

  • Pioneer - More XP per match, faster leveling up (does not help with killing)

Basically becase you have this perk, uou get more money for the same work as other people. Makes sense.

  • Engineer - few seconds notice on Ordinance Drops, extends range (does not help with killing)

Allows you to get to power weapons faster and you get an unfair advantage in seeing them early.

  • Tracker - re-roll ordinance drop choices (does not help with killing)

Can help you get more power weapons to kill people

  • Rouge - sight does not zoom out when shot (does not help with killing)

If you are sniping this means you can kill people a lot easier under fire.

  • Stalker - icon of last person that killed you (does not help with killing)

It helps locate and kill people faster. Oh and call of duty has this exact same perk, it is stupid.

  • Pathfinder - reduced vehicle turret cool-down period (does not help with killing)

This TOTALLY helps you kill people. It allows you to get more shots out of a turret.

  • Operator - reduces vehicle health recharge time (does not help with killing)

Allows vehicle to quickly heal their vehicles and keep it up.

ALL this stuff can be abused and the fact only certain people have it means that some people will be considerably more powerful or have an unfair advantage over the average player.

> Look people these new Specializations will not give you a advantage over new/lower ranked players.
>
> Before I get into it, first please read the IGN article:
> http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/15/halo-4-specializations-will-change-halo-multiplayer-forever
>
> Now that your done reading all the Mods, do you still see a advantage?
> If you still do then lets talk this one down.
>
> - Wetworks - quieter foot steps, player shows as a outline with PV enabled (does not help with killing)
> - Pioneer - More XP per match, faster leveling up (does not help with killing)
> - Engineer - few seconds notice on Ordinance Drops, extends range (does not help with killing)
> - Tracker - re-roll ordinance drop choices (does not help with killing)
> - Rouge - sight does not zoom out when shot (does not help with killing)
> - Stalker - icon of last person that killed you (does not help with killing)
> - Pathfinder - reduced vehicle turret cool-down period (does not help with killing)
> - Operator - reduces vehicle health recharge time (does not help with killing)
>
> So now tell me, how does any of these Mods give you a unfair/imbalanced advantage over someone who is at level 1? For any of this to apply you first have to reach level 50 in multi-player. At which point you can choose ONE Specialization to level up. To which you must gain another 10 levels to get the Mod.
>
> So if all of these mods only enhance abilities that a skilled Halo player already has, how is it a advantage? The only I can see, and mind you very little, is the Rouge Mod that allows you to stay zoomed. But when you are playing against players of similar skill level, then you should have acquired the skill to engage without scoping in, or scoping back in between shots to stay on target.
>
> Ranking up gains you experience and knowledge. After reaching the max rank what is there for you? This is what is nice about Specializations, it gives you 80 more ranks to gain, armor, and mods.
>
> You have to earn these things by playing. Its that simple people.

Lmao how can you say none of the perks help with killing? You must be totally blind… All of these help with killing with the exception of 1 or 2.

How does Stalker not give you a game changing mechanic?

Remember 1v1 in Halo 3? Maybe? Probably not because it wasn’t around long, know why?

The guy in the lead had an icon over his head

> How does Stalker not give you a game changing mechanic?
>
> Remember 1v1 in Halo 3? Maybe? Probably not because it wasn’t around long, know why?
>
> The guy in the lead had an icon over his head

I think that was to prevent camping when you gained the lead.

@OP

Just because you wear -Yoink!-, don’t assume we all do. Also: you’re wrong. No need to post why, several others already have.

> > How does Stalker not give you a game changing mechanic?
> >
> > Remember 1v1 in Halo 3? Maybe? Probably not because it wasn’t around long, know why?
> >
> > The guy in the lead had an icon over his head
>
> I think that was to prevent camping when you gained the lead.

It was, but it also gave an extremely unfair advantage giving the you his position at all times… seems like what this mod is doing

> How does Stalker not give you a game changing mechanic?
>
> Remember 1v1 in Halo 3? Maybe? Probably not because it wasn’t around long, know why?
>
> The guy in the lead had an icon over his head

It was also on maps that were not suited for 1v1. And the leading player had a Icon so he could not simply gain the lead and hide. And with Stalker only you can see this. So for it to become effective you have to communicate with your team. Very similar to the spotting system in Battlefield 3.

> - Wetworks - quieter foot steps, player shows as a outline with PV enabled (does not help with killing)
>
> Allows you to sneak up on people easier and become stealthier without using stealth. That is helpful in killing people.
>
> - Pioneer - More XP per match, faster leveling up (does not help with killing)
>
> Basically becase you have this perk, uou get more money for the same work as other people. Makes sense.
>
> - Engineer - few seconds notice on Ordinance Drops, extends range (does not help with killing)
>
> Allows you to get to power weapons faster and you get an unfair advantage in seeing them early.
>
> - Tracker - re-roll ordinance drop choices (does not help with killing)
>
> Can help you get more power weapons to kill people
>
> - Rouge - sight does not zoom out when shot (does not help with killing)
>
> If you are sniping this means you can kill people a lot easier under fire.
>
> - Stalker - icon of last person that killed you (does not help with killing)
>
> It helps locate and kill people faster. Oh and call of duty has this exact same perk, it is stupid.
>
> - Pathfinder - reduced vehicle turret cool-down period (does not help with killing)
>
> This TOTALLY helps you kill people. It allows you to get more shots out of a turret.
>
> - Operator - reduces vehicle health recharge time (does not help with killing)
>
> Allows vehicle to quickly heal their vehicles and keep it up.
>
> ALL this stuff can be abused and the fact only certain people have it means that some people will be considerably more powerful or have an unfair advantage over the average player.

I could say that the Covenant in CE were a bit unfair, they didn’t have weapons like us, they didn’t look like us, they did things differently than us. Adapt and Overcome.

Rogue and Stalker definitely help with killing.

> > - Wetworks - quieter foot steps, player shows as a outline with PV enabled (does not help with killing)
> >
> > Allows you to sneak up on people easier and become stealthier without using stealth. That is helpful in killing people.
> >
> > - Pioneer - More XP per match, faster leveling up (does not help with killing)
> >
> > Basically becase you have this perk, uou get more money for the same work as other people. Makes sense.
> >
> > - Engineer - few seconds notice on Ordinance Drops, extends range (does not help with killing)
> >
> > Allows you to get to power weapons faster and you get an unfair advantage in seeing them early.
> >
> > - Tracker - re-roll ordinance drop choices (does not help with killing)
> >
> > Can help you get more power weapons to kill people
> >
> > - Rouge - sight does not zoom out when shot (does not help with killing)
> >
> > If you are sniping this means you can kill people a lot easier under fire.
> >
> > - Stalker - icon of last person that killed you (does not help with killing)
> >
> > It helps locate and kill people faster. Oh and call of duty has this exact same perk, it is stupid.
> >
> > - Pathfinder - reduced vehicle turret cool-down period (does not help with killing)
> >
> > This TOTALLY helps you kill people. It allows you to get more shots out of a turret.
> >
> > - Operator - reduces vehicle health recharge time (does not help with killing)
> >
> > Allows vehicle to quickly heal their vehicles and keep it up.
> >
> > ALL this stuff can be abused and the fact only certain people have it means that some people will be considerably more powerful or have an unfair advantage over the average player.
>
> I could say that the Covenant in CE were a bit unfair, they didn’t have weapons like us, they didn’t look like us, they did things differently than us. Adapt and Overcome.

I hope you are trolling

Campaign =/= multiplayer

There is a significant difference between the 2. Your adversaries in campaign are meant to be more powerful.

In MM, everyone should be equal.

It still takes skill to use these abilities, plus it only effects higher ranked players, those of you who wanted your ranked playlist back here it is these are going to make the multiplayer just a bit more challenging.

Who told you I wear -Yoink!-???

On topic: thanks I really wasn’t understanding them.

> @OP
>
> Just because you wear -Yoink!-, don’t assume we all do. Also: you’re wrong. No need to post why, several others already have.

You don’t all wear -Yoink!-? Then why do you all complain so much about information that you received 2 months ago?

Look guys and gals I’m not trying to say that you are all wrong. I understand the worry, I do, I didn’t like Reach either because of Armor Abilities. But none of these Mods will give you a unfair advantage.

Assist your playstyle, yes. But it will not give you a damage boost. Will not help you move faster. Will not give you the god-like abilities that some of you are turning these out to be.

I don’t post here often, when I do its for a point. This community has never been good at taking any kind of advice/opinion that differs from its own. I merely tried to show a point of view. If you don’t accept it, or have different opinions that fine. You are entitled.

But while you are steaming about these changes because you cannot cope with change, just know that I’ll be playing Halo 4. Gaining experience through leveling up. Like everybody else that knows with time comes change.

these are all things that exist ONLY in infinity slayer. if you don’t like it, play classic. they already have confirmed classic playlists, what else do you guys want. contrary to popular belief on the forums, arena shooter gameplay won’t sell the game. consider yourselves lucky you are even getting a classic playlist.

You guys act like if you’re not getting any of these MODS. I’m sure when the game comes out you will be abusing them and feel powerful, so you will keep using them.

> > > - Wetworks - quieter foot steps, player shows as a outline with PV enabled (does not help with killing)
> > >
> > > Allows you to sneak up on people easier and become stealthier without using stealth. That is helpful in killing people.
> > >
> > > - Pioneer - More XP per match, faster leveling up (does not help with killing)
> > >
> > > Basically becase you have this perk, uou get more money for the same work as other people. Makes sense.
> > >
> > > - Engineer - few seconds notice on Ordinance Drops, extends range (does not help with killing)
> > >
> > > Allows you to get to power weapons faster and you get an unfair advantage in seeing them early.
> > >
> > > - Tracker - re-roll ordinance drop choices (does not help with killing)
> > >
> > > Can help you get more power weapons to kill people
> > >
> > > - Rouge - sight does not zoom out when shot (does not help with killing)
> > >
> > > If you are sniping this means you can kill people a lot easier under fire.
> > >
> > > - Stalker - icon of last person that killed you (does not help with killing)
> > >
> > > It helps locate and kill people faster. Oh and call of duty has this exact same perk, it is stupid.
> > >
> > > - Pathfinder - reduced vehicle turret cool-down period (does not help with killing)
> > >
> > > This TOTALLY helps you kill people. It allows you to get more shots out of a turret.
> > >
> > > - Operator - reduces vehicle health recharge time (does not help with killing)
> > >
> > > Allows vehicle to quickly heal their vehicles and keep it up.
> > >
> > > ALL this stuff can be abused and the fact only certain people have it means that some people will be considerably more powerful or have an unfair advantage over the average player.
> >
> > I could say that the Covenant in CE were a bit unfair, they didn’t have weapons like us, they didn’t look like us, they did things differently than us. Adapt and Overcome.
>
> I hope you are trolling
>
> Campaign =/= multiplayer
>
> There is a significant difference between the 2. Your adversaries in campaign are meant to be more powerful.
>
> In MM, everyone should be equal.

Everyone should be equal? So then If I learn a tactic that gives me a advantage in combat, I have to tell everyone and wait for them to learn it before I can use it?

Way too many people think that Halo 4 is going to be a complete screw-up, but you know what? I’m glad 343 is in charge now. Bungie really screwed up in multiple areas with Reach, and it’s nice to see some new management. These specializations and classes are really going to add a new, and better, element to the game. There’s way too many complaints about camping and what-not, but the thing is, you can’t irradicate camping. There’s always going to be some person who finds a way to camp, and quite honestly, that’s a smart strategy in a war game. If it were real life, I would definitely camp! Why risk your life by running out into the middle of the combat (Which, don’t get me wrong, is also pretty dang fun) where you are almost guaranteed to die, when you could stay in much safer spot and eliminate your enemies? What people don’t understand is that camping(as cheap as it is and as much as you or I might hate it)is a strategy- and a winning one at that.

> > @OP
> >
> > Just because you wear -Yoink!-, don’t assume we all do. Also: you’re wrong. No need to post why, several others already have.
>
> You don’t all wear -Yoink!-? Then why do you all complain so much about information that you received 2 months ago?
>
> Look guys and gals I’m not trying to say that you are all wrong. I understand the worry, I do, I didn’t like Reach either because of Armor Abilities. But none of these Mods will give you a unfair advantage.
>
> Assist your playstyle, yes. But it will not give you a damage boost. Will not help you move faster. Will not give you the god-like abilities that some of you are turning these out to be.
>
> I don’t post here often, when I do its for a point. This community has never been good at taking any kind of advice/opinion that differs from its own. I merely tried to show a point of view. If you don’t accept it, or have different opinions that fine. You are entitled.
>
> But while you are steaming about these changes because you cannot cope with change, just know that I’ll be playing Halo 4. Gaining experience through leveling up. Like everybody else that knows with time comes change.

Couldn’t agree more, dude.

> > > > - Wetworks - quieter foot steps, player shows as a outline with PV enabled (does not help with killing)
> > > >
> > > > Allows you to sneak up on people easier and become stealthier without using stealth. That is helpful in killing people.
> > > >
> > > > - Pioneer - More XP per match, faster leveling up (does not help with killing)
> > > >
> > > > Basically becase you have this perk, uou get more money for the same work as other people. Makes sense.
> > > >
> > > > - Engineer - few seconds notice on Ordinance Drops, extends range (does not help with killing)
> > > >
> > > > Allows you to get to power weapons faster and you get an unfair advantage in seeing them early.
> > > >
> > > > - Tracker - re-roll ordinance drop choices (does not help with killing)
> > > >
> > > > Can help you get more power weapons to kill people
> > > >
> > > > - Rouge - sight does not zoom out when shot (does not help with killing)
> > > >
> > > > If you are sniping this means you can kill people a lot easier under fire.
> > > >
> > > > - Stalker - icon of last person that killed you (does not help with killing)
> > > >
> > > > It helps locate and kill people faster. Oh and call of duty has this exact same perk, it is stupid.
> > > >
> > > > - Pathfinder - reduced vehicle turret cool-down period (does not help with killing)
> > > >
> > > > This TOTALLY helps you kill people. It allows you to get more shots out of a turret.
> > > >
> > > > - Operator - reduces vehicle health recharge time (does not help with killing)
> > > >
> > > > Allows vehicle to quickly heal their vehicles and keep it up.
> > > >
> > > > ALL this stuff can be abused and the fact only certain people have it means that some people will be considerably more powerful or have an unfair advantage over the average player.
> > >
> > > I could say that the Covenant in CE were a bit unfair, they didn’t have weapons like us, they didn’t look like us, they did things differently than us. Adapt and Overcome.
> >
> > I hope you are trolling
> >
> > Campaign =/= multiplayer
> >
> > There is a significant difference between the 2. Your adversaries in campaign are meant to be more powerful.
> >
> > In MM, everyone should be equal.
>
> Everyone should be equal? So then If I learn a tactic that gives me a advantage in combat, I have to tell everyone and wait for them to learn it before I can use it?

Everyone should start equal as in with the same abilities and weapons. I feel like I’m explaining this to a child.