Unspoken - Incredible Halo Trailer

This new halo infinite trailer, unspoken. Is, to be blunt absolutely fantastic. Its emotional and fantastically acted. Its on a quality level I haven’t seen for Halo since the Believe campaign.

The focus on the soldiers, both in-game (chief gently passing their corpses in space, rescuing them) and in the marketing as well; gives me a lot of hope and excitement!

Infinite’s marketing is here and its excellent!

I loved it, I really hope we get more live action trailers.

I think I’m going to have to try and watch it again. I tried but it was so slow since it was translating sign language. I’ve heard it’s good but got bored pretty quickly and skipped.

I liked it, but at the same time, I didn’t. It didn’t really explain much other than a small narrative about the event the lead to the Mjolnir Mk 2 having the shield technology. It would have been better if it was supplemented by showing the actual events, rather than having it explained to us through the framework of a person having a computer translate sign language.

> 2533274806923063;3:
> I think I’m going to have to try and watch it again. I tried but it was so slow since it was translating sign language. I’ve heard it’s good but got bored pretty quickly and skipped.

An incredibly short attention span isn’t anything to base your criticisms on.

I was speechless (pun absolutely intended). 343’s more subtle approach to the Campaigns story and the overall tone of Halo gives me serious faith that they’ve finally found the direction that they want. I mean, NO ONE was expecting a trailer like that to focus on something so “minor”, but here we are. They general focus on Marine helping save humanity just as much as Spartans and all Spartans saving marines is, in my opinion, what Halo’s all about. It’s why I always try to keep the marines alive.

> 2533274823412826;4:
> I liked it, but at the same time, I didn’t. It didn’t really explain much other than a small narrative about the event the lead to the Mjolnir Mk 2 having the shield technology. It would have been better if it was supplemented by showing the actual events, rather than having it explained to us through the framework of a person having a computer translate sign language.

I’m assuming more is coming.

> 2533274823412826;4:
> I liked it, but at the same time, I didn’t. It didn’t really explain much other than a small narrative about the event the lead to the Mjolnir Mk 2 having the shield technology. It would have been better if it was supplemented by showing the actual events, rather than having it explained to us through the framework of a person having a computer translate sign language.

Is that what was happening? I only watched it once, and I thought it was some kind of secret ONI facility where they took some random guy and used computer tricks to create a convincing narrative in order to explain the death of a soldier to his family as a means to cover-up the existence of the Spartan program.

> 2533274876991706;5:
> > 2533274806923063;3:
> > I think I’m going to have to try and watch it again. I tried but it was so slow since it was translating sign language. I’ve heard it’s good but got bored pretty quickly and skipped.
>
> An incredibly short attention span isn’t anything to base your criticisms on.

Yeah like what hahahahah

> 2533274860752574;8:
> > 2533274823412826;4:
> > I liked it, but at the same time, I didn’t. It didn’t really explain much other than a small narrative about the event the lead to the Mjolnir Mk 2 having the shield technology. It would have been better if it was supplemented by showing the actual events, rather than having it explained to us through the framework of a person having a computer translate sign language.
>
> Is that what was happening? I only watched it once, and I thought it was some kind of secret ONI facility where they took some random guy and used computer tricks to create a convincing narrative in order to explain the death of a soldier to his family as a means to cover-up the existence of the Spartan program.

What?? hahaha

> 2533274810812466;10:
> > 2533274860752574;8:
> > > 2533274823412826;4:
> > > I liked it, but at the same time, I didn’t. It didn’t really explain much other than a small narrative about the event the lead to the Mjolnir Mk 2 having the shield technology. It would have been better if it was supplemented by showing the actual events, rather than having it explained to us through the framework of a person having a computer translate sign language.
> >
> > Is that what was happening? I only watched it once, and I thought it was some kind of secret ONI facility where they took some random guy and used computer tricks to create a convincing narrative in order to explain the death of a soldier to his family as a means to cover-up the existence of the Spartan program.
>
> What?? hahaha

Yeah I don’t know. The room looked like some kind of futuristic black site to me, like something you would see out of COD: Black Ops but in 500 years in the future. Then I thought the the computer analyzing the guy’s motions was actually it putting on a facade and fabricating the entire story as a cover-up.

I don’t know, I watched it shortly after waking up and I guess I was a little groggy.

> > > I think I’m going to have to try and watch it again. I tried but it was so slow since it was translating sign language. I’ve heard it’s good but got bored pretty quickly and skipped.
> >
> > An incredibly short attention span isn’t anything to base your criticisms on.
>
> Yeah like what hahahahah

I dunno. I mean, a trailer is supposed to hook you in, and just watching a guy sign and hear a voice isn’t exactly exciting visually. Also, isn’t the whole story wrong in canon about getting shield for the mjolnir suits?

gotta be honest, I cried. I was expecting something a bit less emotional lol.

Ok. Rewatched it, it was pretty good. The story is well told and the music helps a lot, just wish whilst he’s telling the story we got cuts in-between showing what happened too, not exactly excited just watching a guy talk. And what is with that screen? XD You can’t see anything. On a funny note, that marine either learnt sign before his accident on the mission or by God he’s a quick learner XD

> 2533274876991706;1:
> This new halo infinite trailer, unspoken. Is, to be blunt absolutely fantastic. Its emotional and fantastically acted. Its on a quality level I haven’t seen for Halo since the Believe campaign.
>
> The focus on the soldiers, both in-game (chief gently passing their corpses in space, rescuing them) and in the marketing as well; gives me a lot of hope and excitement!
>
> Infinite’s marketing is here and its excellent!

Yes, for sure this was amazing trailer. Hoping this is part of a bigger story telling in piece meals.

This trailer goes to show how 343 are making even the smallest things have so much detail and emotional impact in Halo Infinite . This trailer really stunning.

Canonically speaking. Everything in the trailer is veridically correct for the given date. Even the soldier’s uniform is the same as the officers they wear in the Spirit of fire, as well as Captain Cutter. Simply brilliant.

> 2533274806923063;12:
> > > > I think I’m going to have to try and watch it again. I tried but it was so slow since it was translating sign language. I’ve heard it’s good but got bored pretty quickly and skipped.
> > >
> > > An incredibly short attention span isn’t anything to base your criticisms on.
> >
> > Yeah like what hahahahah
>
> I dunno. I mean, a trailer is supposed to hook you in, and just watching a guy sign and hear a voice isn’t exactly exciting visually. Also, isn’t the whole story wrong in canon about getting shield for the mjolnir suits?

I understand what you’re saying, and I think your expectation of what is happening is (reasonably) based upon that preface regarding the energy shield. It seems kinda misleading…

That being said, I believe the point wasn’t about the acquisition of the technology itself but more-so the human cost of this conflict and the personal sacrifices made to protect those they care for. It’s world building by bringing characters and stories that are relatable, similar to some of the old live action trailers.

Personally I hope more trailers are like this. But one thing I’d love to see is one from the perspective of the enemy, or a former enemy, to be more specific. Hearing things from a different point of view is always a refreshing take, especially with a human centric universe like Halo, outside of the Sangheili and occasionally Jiralhanae, other species get pretty much no attention. I’d love a Kig-Yar interview, one that actually edifies them, one that shows that they too are capable of deep emotion, that there’s more to them than a shallow pirate caricature.

> 2535418396667043;19:
> Personally I hope more trailers are like this. But one thing I’d love to see is one from the perspective of the enemy, or a former enemy, to be more specific. Hearing things from a different point of view is always a refreshing take, especially with a human centric universe like Halo, outside of the Sangheili and occasionally Jiralhanae, other species get pretty much no attention. I’d love a Kig-Yar interview, one that actually edifies them, one that shows that they too are capable of deep emotion, that there’s more to them than a shallow pirate caricature.

No love for the grunts… :frowning:

I mean that would be the best/funniest interview in the 20 years of halo, a grunt interview!