UNSC Weapons! [Read Then Vote]

Hey everyone! Vampyre0422 here! Its been a while since my last installment so i figured id do something on what everyone is probably excited about. Weapons! I am gonna go over all the weapons shown in the “UNSC weapons” video and the bulletin, as well as give my personal opinions then ask you your favorites among them.

Assault Rifle (AR)

The Assault Rifle is making its return and is coming back As of right now frank is saying that it is probably weaker than previous incarnations, especially compared to newer weapons. But others are calling it an up-powered H3 AR. It has its standard 32 round clip. ant its range is slightly longer and is slightly more accurate, and there is apparently more control over bullet spread when pulsing your shots. but it is still a mid range weapon. I personally would like to see how this new iteration will work out. But I wont be using it as often as possibly some other weapons.

Battle Rifle (BR)

The old Halo 2/Halo 3 favorite is making a solid, powerful return, and plans to stick around for the fight! The visually updated 36 round per clip and powerful three-shot-burst is an old personal favorite of mine! It is classified as a mid range weapon, but can still be used at longer ranges. But is not recommended to be used against the DMR at said ranges. It has recoil, so you will need to realign your shot. Has a 2x square scope. recommended on smaller maps. And according to 343, requires no “re-learning” to use as most people predicted that it would. I am excited to see this old friend make a return!

Designated Marksman’s Rifle (DMR)

The preferred precision weapon of halo reach. Is now a 14 round clip, powerful, long range, 3x scope, single shot rifle. Making a return with slower fire rate so you can control your shots better. It is recommended use against people on turrets, counter sniping, and over all long range combat. Its laser precise and predictable. But as said before, it has lower fire rate and still has bloom. So be careful, fire too fast and you might not hit your mark. I am incredibly excited, and can not wait to get this rifle into my hands in halo 4!

Magnum

The one weapon that has been in every game and has seen many different power levels and reiterations and uses. But this time around it seems to be getting the best of all worlds. It has Halo’s CE, ODST, and reach, smart scope function. ODST’s firing speed. (as it is one of the fastest semi automatic weapons in the game). And Reach’s 8 round clip. how-some-ever. It is not designed to be able to compete with the “big boys” (DMR, BR, Carbine, Light rifle, Sniper rifle, etc). It is slightly weaker, So there for it is recommended to be used as a backup weapon for say an AR or storm rifle to get the headshot after shields are down. Over active trigger fingers will reduce its effectiveness over long ranges. And its animations are faster so you will be able to punch and shoot faster, switch to it quicker, etc, as you should be able to do with a side arm weapon. Despite its disadvantages, I am still glad to have the trusty magnum by my side.

Shotgun

This bad-boy doesn’t even need an introduction. Its the shotgun. And its back and meaner than ever. That should be enough to send you running in the opposite direction. More powerful. More range. And sick new futuristic design. 6 round clip. Still recommended as an overall close quarters weapon. And obviously is most effective at point blank range. Even when I am holding it I think I will still fear this future-boom-stick. Glad to see it. But really REALLY scared of it. As I should be.

The "Saw"

A brand new weapon in the halo world. But still some what familiar as far as function goes. This Bad-boy, aptly named, will saw down anything in your path. It is a 72 round per clip, high firing speed light machine gun. Meaning that it is anti-vehicular as well as anti-personnel. It will Saw down foot soldiers. It will Saw down vehicles. And is basically your portable turret. But be careful, this weapon fires insanely fast, and your clip will be clicking before you know it. I am not usually one to use automatic weaponry. as I favor precision. but I am very excited to see how this weapon will work. and will definitely be a weapon choice of mine weather its loadout or ordnance.

Sticky Detonator

Also brand new to the franchise. but has a familiar feel in comparison to the Halo Reach grenade launcher. It is a power weapon. But requires a great amount of skill, cleverness, and timing to use it effectively. It sticks to any surface, and can be detonated at will by the user. Its hard to set it as a trap because it has an audio indicator. But still very pleasing when you get a kill with it. I will definitely be usinf this on vehicles a lot!

Railgun

Your hand held gauss cannon! a gauss cannon, a brute shot, and a spartan laser made a baby! half the charge of a spartan laser, no zoom, the effects are almost instantaneous, will kill a foot soldier in one shot, but has the effect of a brute shot when you shoot a vehicle. Its a one shot then reload weapon. Its said to be good to be paired with PV. It has some splash damage. Its easier to use in 1v1 combat. it has good range. But it has a learning curve for timing when you wanna hit a person coming around a corner. And you have to be careful with your aiming after a certain range. I am looking forward to this simply because I want to shoot ghosts and banshees with it!

Spartan Laser

Making return. still powerful. But has less aim assist than halo 3. Not much is said to be different about this other than the fact that it is good against vehicles and can still be lethal against people on foot in the hands of a skilled player. but it is still primarily a anti-vehicular weapon. This was always a more difficult weapon for me to use, but still enjoyable when I actually hit something.

Rocket Launcher

Who DOESN’T love to use this big bad thing every once in a while? it still holds 2 rockets per clip, still has incredible splash and direct hit damage. The rockets speed has been upped due to the faster pace of the game. the splash damage is actually larger. It can track airborne vehicles, provided you lock onto them first. Its the same old reliable rocket launcher. The only disadvantage is that its a bit more predictable to enemies. But I doubt that will matter very often considering by the time they realize there is a rocket headed their way, its already too late.

Siper Rifle

Visually Upgraded sits right in between halo 2 and halo reach’s sniper rifle. There is recoil that will reset back to the center after each shot. the sound effects are better. its harder to line up between shots, but aim assist and accuracy have been upped to help compensate. I can not wait to use this thing! I have always loved sniper rifles! And it already sounds better than past iterations of it.

P.S. Tell me what you think of these new weapons! That is all for this time around! I will definitely be doing this again if they do bulletins and videos for covenant and forerunner weaponry!! See y’all starside!

Shotgun looks dang powerful

Can’t wait to mow down some zombies with it.

Is there suppose to be a poll?
And what exactly are we suppose to be voting on?

BR so far but I also like the Railgun and Saw looks awesome.

> Is there suppose to be a poll?
> And what exactly are we suppose to be voting on?

The poll is now up and I apologize for mixing spartan laser and railgun into one option, it only allowed for 10 options and there was 11 weapons. and you are voting on what weapon(s) you like the best out of unsc so far,

Lol “this bad boy” nice post

Why is there not an “all of the above” option?

> Why is there not an “all of the above” option?

Agreed

> Why is there not an “all of the above” option?

not enough spaces… only allowed for 10, and there was 11 weapons, and i didnt wanna fuse more options than i had to.

I can’t wait to get my hands on the SAW and Railgun. I’m probably going to be in Forge just messing around with those weapons.

I’m also pretty pumped to use the DMR. I’ve always felt more powerful using it, and I can’t wait to take down those BRs.

If there was an “all of the above” option, I would pick it. Everyone of the weapons look great.

I’m not sure whether you were serious or just meant it as a pun, but “SAW” is not only a reference to the woodcutting tool; it’s an acronym for “Squad Automatic Weapon”. Also, you spelled Sniper as Siper.

Nitpicks aside, I’m generally excited for the new automatic weapons and the polished-up shotgun. The assault rifle seems to have been honed and cleaned up quite a bit as well, which I’m happy about, because I love close- to mid-range firefights. It will be fun to play around with a combination of AR, BR and DMR in combat, and I look forward to supporting my teammates with covering fire from that beastly SAW.

> I’m not sure whether you were serious or just meant it as a pun, but <mark>“SAW” is not only a reference to the woodcutting tool; it’s an acronym for “Squad Automatic Weapon”.</mark> Also, you spelled Sniper as Siper.
>
> Nitpicks aside, I’m generally excited for the new automatic weapons and the polished-up shotgun. The assault rifle seems to have been honed and cleaned up quite a bit as well, which I’m happy about, because I love close- to mid-range firefights. It will be fun to play around with a combination of AR, BR and DMR in combat, and I look forward to supporting my teammates with covering fire from that beastly SAW.

where did you come to that conclusion?

> I’m not sure whether you were serious or just meant it as a pun, but <mark>“SAW” is not only a reference to the woodcutting tool; it’s an acronym for “Squad Automatic Weapon”.</mark> Also, you spelled Sniper as Siper.
>
> Nitpicks aside, I’m generally excited for the new automatic weapons and the polished-up shotgun. The assault rifle seems to have been honed and cleaned up quite a bit as well, which I’m happy about, because I love close- to mid-range firefights. It will be fun to play around with a combination of AR, BR and DMR in combat, and I look forward to supporting my teammates with covering fire from that beastly SAW.

I don’t think he ever said anything like that.

The Battle Rifle looks to be my go-to primary weapon in the online battlefield we call War Games.

The SAW is an absolute monster! I can’t wait to use that!

SAW stands for Squad Automatic Weapon. I thought you might want to know this because you had other weapons abbreviated.

[deleted]

> > > I’m not sure whether you were serious or just meant it as a pun, but <mark>“SAW” is not only a reference to the woodcutting tool; it’s an acronym for “Squad Automatic Weapon”.</mark> Also, you spelled Sniper as Siper.
> > >
> > > Nitpicks aside, I’m generally excited for the new automatic weapons and the polished-up shotgun. The assault rifle seems to have been honed and cleaned up quite a bit as well, which I’m happy about, because I love close- to mid-range firefights. It will be fun to play around with a combination of AR, BR and DMR in combat, and I look forward to supporting my teammates with covering fire from that beastly SAW.
> >
> > I don’t think he ever said anything like that.
>
> The SAW, or Squad Automatic Weapon, is a class of weapon.
>
> 343’s description confirms this:
> Squad automatic weapon used in protracted engagements where sustained or suppressive fire is required.”

I was talking about you saying Vampyre0422 saying that. I knew what it meant.

DMR for the win.
But for looking just fun as hell to use, the SAW.

> > > I’m not sure whether you were serious or just meant it as a pun, but <mark>“SAW” is not only a reference to the woodcutting tool; it’s an acronym for “Squad Automatic Weapon”.</mark> Also, you spelled Sniper as Siper.
> > >
> > > Nitpicks aside, I’m generally excited for the new automatic weapons and the polished-up shotgun. The assault rifle seems to have been honed and cleaned up quite a bit as well, which I’m happy about, because I love close- to mid-range firefights. It will be fun to play around with a combination of AR, BR and DMR in combat, and I look forward to supporting my teammates with covering fire from that beastly SAW.
> >
> > I don’t think he ever said anything like that.
>
> The SAW, or Squad Automatic Weapon, is a class of weapon.
>
> 343’s description confirms this:
> Squad automatic weapon used in protracted engagements where sustained or suppressive fire is required.”

hahaha wow how did i not see that? plus i ran out of room in my OP so i couldnt have been able to put that anyways.