UNSC weapons look terribly generic

I don’t know you guys, the gameplay trailer was ok, but the new weapons showcased look like normal weapons from any other game, the pistol is nothing like a generic gun and has nothing resemblant of the Magnum we know. The rifle is like other weapon from Call of Duty and the Shotgun looked much closer to the Doom shotgun. The Assault Rifle is fine, it lacks some mettalic paint, scratches. It feels like plastic, not just the weapons, but everything. What your thoughts?

The pistol actually looks a lot like the Halo 2 pistol, so… It actually does look like the pistol we know.

> 2535462145233570;2:
> The pistol actually looks a lot like the Halo 2 pistol, so… It actually does look like the pistol we know.

you mean the most trash useless version of the pistol.

> 2535423661615819;3:
> > 2535462145233570;2:
> > The pistol actually looks a lot like the Halo 2 pistol, so… It actually does look like the pistol we know.
>
> you mean the most trash useless version of the pistol.

No, that’s the Halo 3 pistol you are thinking of.

> 2535462145233570;4:
> > 2535423661615819;3:
> > > 2535462145233570;2:
> > > The pistol actually looks a lot like the Halo 2 pistol, so… It actually does look like the pistol we know.
> >
> > you mean the most trash useless version of the pistol.
>
> No, that’s the Halo 3 pistol you are thinking of.

Both are pretty garbage but I’ll put the H3 pistol just above H2s.

> 2533275010793662;1:
> I don’t know you guys, the gameplay trailer was ok, but the new weapons showcased look like normal weapons from any other game, the pistol is nothing like a generic gun and has nothing resemblant of the Magnum we know. The rifle is like other weapon from Call of Duty and the Shotgun looked much closer to the Doom shotgun. The Assault Rifle is fine, it lacks some mettalic paint, scratches. It feels like plastic, not just the weapons, but everything. What your thoughts?

Yeah, I feel this. I posted here a breakdown of all the new guns (sort of), and I would say they don’t add a ton to it.

> 2535462145233570;4:
> > 2535423661615819;3:
> > > 2535462145233570;2:
> > > The pistol actually looks a lot like the Halo 2 pistol, so… It actually does look like the pistol we know.
> >
> > you mean the most trash useless version of the pistol.
>
> No, that’s the Halo 3 pistol you are thinking of.

Preach! Halo 3 pistol is hot garbage. Halo 2 pistol was awesome, you could unload the entire clip in a few seconds flat.

> 2535462145233570;2:
> The pistol actually looks a lot like the Halo 2 pistol, so… It actually does look like the pistol we know.

It is more like it, but I suppose this is one version and there is still other Magnum, because the Halo 2 pistol is very controverse to say the least.

> 2533275010793662;7:
> > 2535462145233570;2:
> > The pistol actually looks a lot like the Halo 2 pistol, so… It actually does look like the pistol we know.
>
> It is more like it, but I suppose this is one version and there is still other Magnum, because the Halo 2 pistol is very controverse to say the least.

Honestly, even after I watched the trailer, I don’t recall it actually being shot. That said, the Halo 3 ODST Magnum also looked like the Halo 2 pistol (Being the SOCOM variant of the same gun), and the Halo 3 ODST magnum was a beast, so I’d hold your horses on being too harsh on the new magnum.

> 2535462145233570;2:
> The pistol actually looks a lot like the Halo 2 pistol, so… It actually does look like the pistol we know.

It looks almost exactly like a Sig P320.

I was hoping for a CE looking magnum… Everything looked more cartoony than expected except the UNSC weapons.

Edit: it wasn’t the magnum, but my comment on the overall art style still stands.

> 2533274917301945;10:
> I was hoping for a CE looking magnum… Everything looked more cartoony than expected except the UNSC weapons.

Agreed, I hope they improve that.

they look like plastic toys and sound like them too

I think the lack of texture on the AR didn’t help. There was no detail on anything. Obviously this isn’t the final build of the game but man the weapons didn’t really look or feel that powerful.
Kind d of wish we got to see a BR too, none of the weapons really blew me away

> 2535462145233570;8:
> > 2533275010793662;7:
> > > 2535462145233570;2:
> > > The pistol actually looks a lot like the Halo 2 pistol, so… It actually does look like the pistol we know.
> >
> > It is more like it, but I suppose this is one version and there is still other Magnum, because the Halo 2 pistol is very controverse to say the least.
>
> Honestly, even after I watched the trailer, I don’t recall it actually being shot. That said, the Halo 3 ODST Magnum also looked like the Halo 2 pistol (Being the SOCOM variant of the same gun), and the Halo 3 ODST magnum was a beast, so I’d hold your horses on being too harsh on the new magnum.

It was shot like two times to one-shot Grunts. Maybe it is powerful, but it certainly does not look like it.

> 2745721379988648;9:
> > 2535462145233570;2:
> > The pistol actually looks a lot like the Halo 2 pistol, so… It actually does look like the pistol we know.
>
> It looks almost exactly like a Sig P320.

Are we playing the “It looks like X” game? God, I love that game, because I’m really good at the “It looks like X” game.

Basically, it’s closer to some hybrid between “Generic Pistol” and the Halo 2 Magnum.

https://imgur.com/a/2Rx5CCc

Le roootytooty generic shotgun

> 2533275010793662;14:
> > 2535462145233570;8:
> > > 2533275010793662;7:
> > > > 2535462145233570;2:
> > > > The pistol actually looks a lot like the Halo 2 pistol, so… It actually does look like the pistol we know.
> > >
> > > It is more like it, but I suppose this is one version and there is still other Magnum, because the Halo 2 pistol is very controverse to say the least.
> >
> > Honestly, even after I watched the trailer, I don’t recall it actually being shot. That said, the Halo 3 ODST Magnum also looked like the Halo 2 pistol (Being the SOCOM variant of the same gun), and the Halo 3 ODST magnum was a beast, so I’d hold your horses on being too harsh on the new magnum.
>
> It was shot like two times to one-shot Grunts. Maybe it is powerful, but it certainly does not look like it.

Eh, one-shotting grunts is kind of the pistol’s job in most Halos.

> 2535462145233570;17:
> > 2533275010793662;14:
> > > 2535462145233570;8:
> > > > 2533275010793662;7:
> > > > > 2535462145233570;2:
> > > > > The pistol actually looks a lot like the Halo 2 pistol, so… It actually does look like the pistol we know.
> > > >
> > > > It is more like it, but I suppose this is one version and there is still other Magnum, because the Halo 2 pistol is very controverse to say the least.
> > >
> > > Honestly, even after I watched the trailer, I don’t recall it actually being shot. That said, the Halo 3 ODST Magnum also looked like the Halo 2 pistol (Being the SOCOM variant of the same gun), and the Halo 3 ODST magnum was a beast, so I’d hold your horses on being too harsh on the new magnum.
> >
> > It was shot like two times to one-shot Grunts. Maybe it is powerful, but it certainly does not look like it.
>
> Eh, one-shotting grunts is kind of the pistol’s job in most Halos.

It also gives three or four shots on a jackal, but switches to a more powerful one.

> 2533275010793662;18:
> > 2535462145233570;17:
> > > 2533275010793662;14:
> > > > 2535462145233570;8:
> > > > > 2533275010793662;7:
> > > > > > 2535462145233570;2:
> > > > > > The pistol actually looks a lot like the Halo 2 pistol, so… It actually does look like the pistol we know.
> > > > >
> > > > > It is more like it, but I suppose this is one version and there is still other Magnum, because the Halo 2 pistol is very controverse to say the least.
> > > >
> > > > Honestly, even after I watched the trailer, I don’t recall it actually being shot. That said, the Halo 3 ODST Magnum also looked like the Halo 2 pistol (Being the SOCOM variant of the same gun), and the Halo 3 ODST magnum was a beast, so I’d hold your horses on being too harsh on the new magnum.
> > >
> > > ~
> >
> > ~
>
> It also givesthree or four shots on a jackal, but switches to a more powerful one.

Not disagreeing, but that sounds kind of like the Reach Magnum, which was aight.