UNSC Vulcan - My Proposal for Halo 4

Hi guys,

I haven’t posted much on here recently, but I’ve been coming up with some new ideas for a vehicle for Halo 4.

My main idea I’ve been working on is for a successor to the Falcon for Halo 4. As you know, I’ve also proposed that the Sparrowhawk is added to Halo 4 as a light gunship class, the Hornet as a small transport class, and now the Vulcan, which will be an upgraded version of the Falcon.

The Vulcan is a medium sized gunship based on the same twin-roter design of the Falcon. Much more rugged and armoured than it’s older cousin, the Vulcan has more powerful engines, space for four players in the cargo bay, and also an extra rear compartment with rear access. This compartment can contain either two weapon drop pods or a Mongoose.

The Vulcan will also have twin heavy machine guns similar to the ones on the Falcon, except updated, and the rear passenger bay is slightly wider with larger seats. The pilot also commands a nose mounted, fully automatic machine gun, compared to the semi-automatic one located on the Falcon. And should this vehicle be in the campaign, the pilot also has access to rockets which are fired from under the wings of the vehicle.

The speed of the Vulcan is slightly slower than the Falcon, but it can withstand more damage. The overall size of the vehicle is four metres longer than the Falcon, 2 metres wider and 1 metre taller.

I’ve tried keeping this thread nice and brief so people can take less time reading my idea but still having an understanding of it.

Let me know what you think :slight_smile:

For forge yes:)

But campaign, no. Wouldn’t fit canoncially unless we see unsc.

Can you make a drawing of it?

> For forge yes:)
>
> But campaign, no. Wouldn’t fit canoncially unless we see unsc.
>
> Can you make a drawing of it?

I’d love battling my friends in that thing! =)

Some day your going to land on something as stubborn as you are, and I don’t do bits and pieces- Sgt. Johnson

Neat idea, but can you imagine the multi-kill from bringing down a fully-laden one of those? You have a pilot, four passengers, two gunners, and possibly another guy on a mongoose in the back. That’s 8 players in a single vehicle. That’s more than some gametypes have in a team. There’s just no way that you could make it balanced.

> Neat idea, but can you imagine the multi-kill from bringing down a fully-laden one of those? You have a pilot, four passengers, two gunners, and possibly another guy on a mongoose in the back. That’s 8 players in a single vehicle. That’s more than some gametypes have in a team. There’s just no way that you could make it balanced.

I’d imagine if it took 2 splaser shots or 2 or 3 rockets, with all that firepower, it could be fun for BTB anyway.

Sounds like a great idea, OP.

I think it would be cool if it looked like a bigger, bulkier Falcon, with four tilt-rotors (two near the cockpit, two at the back near the rear access ramp), kind of like that big human vehicle in Avatar. It would almost be like a flying Elephant - the Falcon was dubbed “the Warthog of the skies”, so perhaps the Vulcan is the Elephant.

I think it should be armed with the two HMGs on either side of the cargo bay like you said, but maybe in Forge you could have an option to fix a turret to the rear of the cargo bay (like in the Halo 2 and 3 Pelicans). It’s cargo capacity should be between 2-6, really, which includes two players manning the guns, so in the cargo bay it should seat four. I’m not sure about holding a Mongoose, that might be too over powered if you ask me.

Controlling it should be similar to the Falcon, but instead of having a redundant left bumper, you should use it to open the rear access ramp.

As for it being too overpowered in MP, perhaps it should be Campaign and Customs only, but if it did make it’s way in, it should be damn hard to take down - if you get blown up and near enough your entire team dies, that should be the penalty for not being tactful enough.

> For forge yes:)
>
> But campaign, no. Wouldn’t fit canoncially unless we see unsc.
>
> Can you make a drawing of it?

Yes I already have done :slight_smile: I’ll try and get out the scanner tomorrow so I’ll scan in the picture for you :slight_smile:

> > For forge yes:)
> >
> > But campaign, no. Wouldn’t fit canoncially unless we see unsc.
> >
> > Can you make a drawing of it?
>
> Yes I already have done :slight_smile: I’ll try and get out the scanner tomorrow so I’ll scan in the picture for you :slight_smile:

Lol ok thanks:D

I would like this aswel as pelicans and hornets but would never risk the pelican being taken out. Anyway, I love your idea but would prefer a pelican for obvious reasons.