UNSC Vehicle Variants

I for one really don’t like all the UNSC vehicle variants in the game. They kind of clog up the menus in the REQ system, especially since they are all basically the same. I was really hoping for vehicle skins in Halo 5 but all these variants destroyed that possibility. I have a fun little solution to this. Add a community poll to see which UNSC vehicle variant (ONI, Corp, Original, etc.) they think would be best to replace the base model and all other models. I know everyone would just vote ONI, but ONI variants are extremely expensive and therefore would be rare on the battlefield, so everyone would have to take this into account. Warzone is a simulation, so it’s the perfect place to test prototypes. All the UNSC vehicle variants except the base model and the Corp variant are prototypes (I think). So they are all being tested in War Games simulations to see how well they do in proportion to their price. To be eligible to vote, you have to have at least 3 minutes total time of using each variant of the vehicle you want to vote for. Say the Woodland Rocket Hog won the vote, situation specific systems and features of all the other variants will be added. Meaning the antifreeze systems from the tundra variant would be added to the voted woodland variant and so on. After the community poll concludes, all the losing variants will be removed, leaving the 1 winning variant that becomes the base model.

Say for example you have 3 base models, 1 Corp, 3 woodlands, and 7 ONIs of a certain vehicle. If Corp wins then what happens to your base, woodlands, and ONIs?? The separate vehicle REQ cards will simply be added to the number of corps you have, so you’ll end up with 14 corps, because 3+1+3+7=14. If you had a certification for the base, woodland, and ONI, then they will just be replaced with REQ points depending on their rarity.

Common: 100 RP
Uncommon: 200 RP
Rare: 300 RP
Ultra Rare: 400 RP
Legendary: 500 RP

Pros about doing this:
-clean up the REQ menus some
-opens the door for UNSC vehicle skins
-(opinion only) some may hate the variants

Cons about doing this:
-removing content
-not everyone would be eligible to vote
-(opinion only) some may like the variants

Sometimes I feel like the only one who doesn’t like UNSC vehicle variants tbh. I’m also not hyped at all for this new gauss mantis next month. But this is just my opinion on UNSC vehicle variants and what I think 343 should do about them.

That way the team who makes weapon skins could have more to do than to make pizza skins.

And all the vehicle skins from the losing variants could be added as selectable skins. Thoughts?

For Halo 6 the could keep the base, Corp, Oni model and then make the varying paint jobs skins similar to the weapons skins.

I have way to many Warthogs, like you open a REQ pack and get so many warthogs, some are green some are yellow its a mess!

It’s such a cluttered mess. All I keep are Oni hogs and a few tundra as backup cause I like how they look.

> 2533274843292446;5:
> I have way to many Warthogs, like you open a REQ pack and get so many warthogs, some are green some are yellow its a mess!

I know. I feel like 343 did it just so they could say “oh hey guys, Halo 5: Gaurdians has over 300 vehicles REQs!!”. And now we are getting a 7th Mantis. 7 Mantises!! We don’t need 7 Mantises! I’d rather them work on other vehicles like the Falcon and Revanent then make 10 variants for each UNSC vehicle.

> 2533274802574490;6:
> It’s such a cluttered mess. All I keep are Oni hogs and a few tundra as backup cause I like how they look.

The ONI Gungoose is the only ONI variant I don’t like of all the ONI vehicles I’ve used. The grenade bouncing makes it difficult for a hit-'n-run.

> 2535440120215345;7:
> > 2533274843292446;5:
> > I have way to many Warthogs, like you open a REQ pack and get so many warthogs, some are green some are yellow its a mess!
>
>
> I know. I feel like 343 did it just so they could say “oh hey guys, Halo 5: Gaurdians has over 300 vehicles REQs!!”. And now we are getting a 7th Mantis. 7 Mantises!! We don’t need 7 Mantises! I’d rather them work on other vehicles like the Falcon and Revanent then make 10 variants for each UNSC vehicle.

Yeah, I think the better system would be , for example how they have a weapon skin tab, should also have a vehicle skin tab, so you can choose a coloured warthog to spawn with, instead of 3 of the same warthog type

This could totally work honestly. Better this than an over-cluttered REQ system where you have seven of the SAME WARTHOG

> 2533274907200114;10:
> This could totally work honestly. Better this than an over-cluttered REQ system where you have seven of the SAME WARTHOG

Yeah. Try to spread the word about this thread to it’ll become big enough 343 will at least see it.

I’m not in favor of replacing every variant of every vehicle with a single option. That’s silly. Ignoring the awful, awful ONI Mongoose, who would vote for anything but the top, OPed variant? No one is going to take into account “rarity” or “expense,” and all the weapons would have to be totally readjusted to account for the new base line armor ratings.

It would make a lot more sense to pare down the variants in the middle. Keep the base model, which is actually balanced to the game’s weaponry, and the top tier ONI versions, then replace all the middle ones that only differ in appearance with a single type of vehicle. Essentially, make all the vehicles match the Covenant variant system: base model, up-armored, heavy armor and upgraded weapons, with one variant per tier.

At the very least, do this for the incredibly useless Scouthogs and Mongooses. We do not need so many unarmed vehicles! In other news, water is wet.

Oh, and give us some Phaeton variants for goodness sake. Thing is a slow, fragile eggshell that only rarely drops from gold packs. Anything to get more of them and actually finish the stupid commendation, good lord.

(As a sidenote, the new Mantis is posited to be a Gauss Mantis, so that one’s not too egregious really. No one’s ever complained about having standard and Gauss Warthogs.)

> 2533274801590209;12:
> I’m not in favor of replacing every variant of every vehicle with a single option. That’s silly. Ignoring the awful, awful ONI Mongoose, who would vote for anything but the top, OPed variant? No one is going to take into account “rarity” or “expense,” and all the weapons would have to be totally readjusted to account for the new base line armor ratings.
>
> It would make a lot more sense to pare down the variants in the middle. Keep the base model, which is actually balanced to the game’s weaponry, and the top tier ONI versions, then replace all the middle ones that only differ in appearance with a single type of vehicle. Essentially, make all the vehicles match the Covenant variant system: base model, up-armored, heavy armor and upgraded weapons, with one variant per tier.
>
> At the very least, do this for the incredibly useless Scouthogs and Mongooses. We do not need so many unarmed vehicles! In other news, water is wet.
>
> Oh, and give us some Phaeton variants for goodness sake. Thing is a slow, fragile eggshell that only rarely drops from gold packs. Anything to get more of them and actually finish the stupid commendation, good lord.
>
> (As a sidenote, the new Mantis is posited to be a Gauss Mantis, so that one’s not too egregious really. No one’s ever complained about having standard and Gauss Warthogs.)

They will have to acknowledge the fact that if the ONI variant wins then it’ll be a very high rarity and REQ cost. Also, I really don’t want a Phaeton variant. The REQ system is already crowded enough.