UNSC Shotgun.

Shotgun

Looks like its a semi-automatic to me, needs no pump. Is it possible? Correct me if i’m wrong.

isn’t the little grip at the bottom for the actual pumping?

… I see a pump.

besides, a Human Shotgun in Halo that does not pump? what kind of sorcery would that be!?

I see the pump too.

But yeah, that thing looks gorgeous! I can’t wait to get my paws on it! Of course, the most important question is : “how does it play?”.

I see a pump at the bottom…

Oh, ok. The grip looked odd to me. It looked like the grip was to far back for it to go back then foward. If you know what I mean.

Ha pump, giggity, is a funny word.

In all seriousness this does look like a pump shotgun. But I did like the design of Reach’s shotgun since it actually looked like, a shotgun. This does look futuristic for Halo but it doesnt Look like a shotgun. I’ll get used to it.

There are several possibilities.
1.) It could be semi-auto, though unlikely with the semi-auto Shattershot around.
2.) The barrel could simply extend beyond the pump which seems to be off to me.
3.)The render could be of the shotgun being pumped back.
4.)My personal hope is that the shotgun is a forward pump, I like the design of real steel weapons like the Neostad 2000 or the KSG. Has a futuristic feel.

> Ha pump, giggity, is a funny word.
>
> In all seriousness this does look like a pump shotgun. But I did like the design of Reach’s shotgun since it actually looked like, a shotgun. This does look futuristic for Halo but it doesnt Look like a shotgun. I’ll get used to it.

Since the games are set over 500 years in the future, you would expect the weapons to look more advanced. It’s only logical. Modern day actual shotguns look more advanced than Halo’s shotgun really. Besides, no one knows what shotgun designs will look like in another 500 years. There’s no rule that says they have to look similar to shotguns of the past.

> I see the pump too.
>
> But yeah, that thing looks gorgeous! I can’t wait to get my paws on it! Of course, the most important question is : “how does it play?”.

I hope it plays as well as it looks, though that could piss people off lol… I don’t care, I just hope it isn’t nerfed or useless… (assuming it’s a loadout weapon.

I think it’ll work just like the Shotgun in every other Halo game.

> I think it’ll work just like the Shotgun in every other Halo game.

Hopefully not like H3’s. It was underpowered to the point that you had to be literally face to face with someone to get a one shot kill. The kill range needs to be a tad bit more than that.

> 4.)My personal hope is that the shotgun is a forward pump, I like the design of real steel weapons like the Neostad 2000 or the KSG. Has a futuristic feel.

If any of those it should be this. Forward pumps aren’t as common but are very cool.

I hope it’s a pump…and I really hope that it would have the range of the CE shotgun…that was a mammoth.

> Oh, ok. The grip looked odd to me. It looked like the grip was to far back for it to go <mark>back then foward.</mark> If you know what I mean.

In reality the pump would move forward first to chamber the round, and then back to expel the spent shell. So there’s nothing odd about its placement in the design.

I hope. If we still have pump shotguns in 2557, something is deeply wrong.

It looks pretty good. The Reach shotgun will always be my favorite, but they could have made it look much worse than it does

> I hope. If we still have pump shotguns in 2557, something is deeply wrong.

Yeah, you would think pump-actions would be archaic in that time. Hell, you would think no one would even know what a pump-action is since it would probably done away with centuries ago.

it looks good, but IT NEEDS TO HAVE THE RANGE/DAMMAGE IT HAD IN CE. my biggest problem with the shotgun in 2 3 reach was that it was almost useless outside of melee range. it need a big buff, so that you can use one without camping.

If only they made a futuristic AA-12 in Halo… drools

OT: The new design is alright, though I to prefer the aesthetics of the Reach shotgun.