UNSC Outpost at Installation 00?

At the end of Halo: Hunters in the Dark, the UNSC began setting up a permanent presence at the remains of the Ark. Having gotten there from the portal on Earth. With most of the UNSC fleet EMPed by the Guardians, is it possible that the Ark portal was also EMPed, stranding the UNSC there? Stranded or not, a functional fleet at this point is probably pretty important.

Possibly. Though if I remember right, Guardians only work on less-than Forerunner tech. I think the Portal most likely has a “blue on blue” prevention feature.

The Guardians can overpower lesser species’ technology, but I doubt they’re a threat to anything Forerunner. The Portal may still be active.

And maybe the UNSC can leverage the local defenses and sentinels.

I dought it main reason being that part of the ARK was destroyed by the masterchief firing a Halo ring prematurely. And then we got to kill 343. Yay!

> 2533274929827389;5:
> I dought it main reason being that part of the ARK was destroyed by the masterchief firing a Halo ring prematurely. And then we got to kill 343. Yay!

Hunters in the Dark says hi…

Mendicant Bias returns in Halo 6 to fight Cortana… release the flood and then becomes Keymind’s puppet.

Highly plausible plotline.

Dude put spoiler in the title.

> 2533274912168474;8:
> Dude put spoiler in the title.

It was ages old, I had assumed it was already too late for spoiler warnings.
Heck, I only just read Hunters in the Dark a couple of months ago, but I remember having it CONSTANTLY spoiled for me without warning what-so-ever for the past several months before that, up to and including the release of the novel.

I literally don’t think, in the 8+ months it’s been out, that I have seen ONE person warn me, or anyone else, of spoilers when talking about the novel.

It could be. They could be stranded.
Functional Fleet IF there didn’t appear a Guardian near the Ark, right?
Even if they were by themselves… Hard to make contact. :confused: