UNSC Navy Halo Wars RTS

I recently got back into playing Halo Wars 2, and I forgot how much I loved it. But it got me thinking, my favourite part of Halo lore is it’s ships, both Covenant and UNSC alike, why not have a Halo Wars 2 styled RTS game but based on the ship to ship combat of Halo.
Would any of you be interested in this?

So kinda like HW in space crossed with Battleship? I’d be down :slight_smile: Seems like one of the most appropriate settings for an RTS game.

> 2533274824050480;2:
> So kinda like HW in space crossed with Battleship? I’d be down :slight_smile: Seems like one of the most appropriate settings for an RTS game.

Pretty much, the game most closely resembling this idea is Star Wars: Empire at War - Covenant at War Mod

The closest we have to an official game for pitting fleets against each-other is Halo Fleet Battles, a turn-based table-top game from Spartan Games before they went out of business. I have most of the ships, I just missed the last wave of expansions before they went under.
I believe there’s enough interest to justify a fleetbattles console game, and that it would do much better than the tabletop, because it’s one purchase price and you can play against anyone, anywhere, as opposed to having to buy fleets and hope that someone at your local game store also bought a fleet to play.

Maybe 343 will consider after Infinite, as this sounds like a very good idea.

There is a good mod out there called Sins of the Prophets.

While I would love to see this happen, 343i has a lot on their plate at the moment. I don’t see it happening any time soon.

However, there are mods that can stand in for the time being. I would recommend you try the mod Sins of the Prophets, which is a total conversion mod for Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion. It’s a really high quality mod, and the mod team was even interviewed in a Cannon Fodder article. Fair warning though, fighting the Covenant as the UNSC is a challenge, even against an Easy AI. (Edit: I found the interview: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/canon-fodder-stand-your-ground)

You could also try its companion mod for Stellaris, though that mod is purely cosmetic.

There’s also Halo: Homefront for Homeworld 2 (not sure if it works in Remastered though).

I’m sure there’s probably a Halo mod for Star Wars: Empire at War, but I don’t know of any particular mods.

> 2533274961735127;1:
> I recently got back into playing Halo Wars 2, and I forgot how much I loved it. But it got me thinking, my favourite part of Halo lore is it’s ships, both Covenant and UNSC alike, why not have a Halo Wars 2 styled RTS game but based on the ship to ship combat of Halo.
> Would any of you be interested in this?

Interesting idea but because we’ve never seen naval combat in halo games idk how they could properly execute it

> 2533274830166194;8:
> > 2533274961735127;1:
> > I recently got back into playing Halo Wars 2, and I forgot how much I loved it. But it got me thinking, my favourite part of Halo lore is it’s ships, both Covenant and UNSC alike, why not have a Halo Wars 2 styled RTS game but based on the ship to ship combat of Halo.
> > Would any of you be interested in this?
>
> Interesting idea but because we’ve never seen naval combat in halo games idk how they could properly execute it

Not in games, but there are plenty of extended lore naval battles to draw on for inspiration. The detailed descriptions of Admiral Cole’s Last Stand and the Keyes Loop are good building blocks for a game like this, to name a couple.

> 2535435902217648;9:
> > 2533274830166194;8:
> > > 2533274961735127;1:
> > > I recently got back into playing Halo Wars 2, and I forgot how much I loved it. But it got me thinking, my favourite part of Halo lore is it’s ships, both Covenant and UNSC alike, why not have a Halo Wars 2 styled RTS game but based on the ship to ship combat of Halo.
> > > Would any of you be interested in this?
> >
> > Interesting idea but because we’ve never seen naval combat in halo games idk how they could properly execute it
>
> Not in games, but there are plenty of extended lore naval battles to draw on for inspiration. The detailed descriptions of Admiral Cole’s Last Stand and the Keyes Loop are good building blocks for a game like this, to name a couple.

I thought you meant actual naval sea battles lol my mistake.I would love to see cutscenes of naval engagements though and perhaps in a game we could experience it while were on the ship

> 2535471821288889;7:
> While I would love to see this happen, 343i has a lot on their plate at the moment. I don’t see it happening any time soon.
>
> However, there are mods that can stand in for the time being. I would recommend you try the mod Sins of the Prophets, which is a total conversion mod for Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion. It’s a really high quality mod, and the mod team was even interviewed in a Cannon Fodder article. Fair warning though, fighting the Covenant as the UNSC is a challenge, even against an Easy AI. (Edit: I found the interview: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/canon-fodder-stand-your-ground)
>
> You could also try its companion mod for Stellaris, though that mod is purely cosmetic.
>
> There’s also Halo: Homefront for Homeworld 2 (not sure if it works in Remastered though).
>
> I’m sure there’s probably a Halo mod for Star Wars: Empire at War, but I don’t know of any particular mods.

For Halo Wars 3 I think they intend to include ship to ship combat. It has sprung up to a question to that team on streams and other interviews.

Also good looks for the other mods, I remembered that their were other Space battle Halo mods but couldn’t remember the names.

> 2535471821288889;7:
> While I would love to see this happen, 343i has a lot on their plate at the moment. I don’t see it happening any time soon.
>
> However, there are mods that can stand in for the time being. I would recommend you try the mod Sins of the Prophets, which is a total conversion mod for Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion. It’s a really high quality mod, and the mod team was even interviewed in a Cannon Fodder article. Fair warning though, fighting the Covenant as the UNSC is a challenge, even against an Easy AI. (Edit: I found the interview: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/canon-fodder-stand-your-ground)
>
> You could also try its companion mod for Stellaris, though that mod is purely cosmetic.
>
> There’s also Halo: Homefront for Homeworld 2 (not sure if it works in Remastered though).
>
> I’m sure there’s probably a Halo mod for Star Wars: Empire at War, but I don’t know of any particular mods.

I have heard of all of them and would love to play them, but I don’t have PC and I am not planning on getting one (at least not anytime soon).
To keep it even simpler, they could just do an expansion to Halo Wars 2

> 2533274830166194;10:
> > 2535435902217648;9:
> > > 2533274830166194;8:
> > > > 2533274961735127;1:
> > > > I recently got back into playing Halo Wars 2, and I forgot how much I loved it. But it got me thinking, my favourite part of Halo lore is it’s ships, both Covenant and UNSC alike, why not have a Halo Wars 2 styled RTS game but based on the ship to ship combat of Halo.
> > > > Would any of you be interested in this?
> > >
> > > Interesting idea but because we’ve never seen naval combat in halo games idk how they could properly execute it
> >
> > Not in games, but there are plenty of extended lore naval battles to draw on for inspiration. The detailed descriptions of Admiral Cole’s Last Stand and the Keyes Loop are good building blocks for a game like this, to name a couple.
>
> I thought you meant actual naval sea battles lol my mistake.I would love to see cutscenes of naval engagements though and perhaps in a game we could experience it while were on the ship

Ha no worries I was referring to space engagements. Though there is a UNSC “wet navy”. If I recall correctly, you can see a naval ship in the water near the space tether at New Mombasa either in H2 or ODST or both.

> 2535435902217648;13:
> > 2533274830166194;10:
> > > 2535435902217648;9:
> > > > 2533274830166194;8:
> > > > > 2533274961735127;1:
> > > > > I recently got back into playing Halo Wars 2, and I forgot how much I loved it. But it got me thinking, my favourite part of Halo lore is it’s ships, both Covenant and UNSC alike, why not have a Halo Wars 2 styled RTS game but based on the ship to ship combat of Halo.
> > > > > Would any of you be interested in this?
> > > >
> > > > Interesting idea but because we’ve never seen naval combat in halo games idk how they could properly execute it
> > >
> > > Not in games, but there are plenty of extended lore naval battles to draw on for inspiration. The detailed descriptions of Admiral Cole’s Last Stand and the Keyes Loop are good building blocks for a game like this, to name a couple.
> >
> > I thought you meant actual naval sea battles lol my mistake.I would love to see cutscenes of naval engagements though and perhaps in a game we could experience it while were on the ship
>
> Ha no worries I was referring to space engagements. Though there is a UNSC “wet navy”. If I recall correctly, you can see a naval ship in the water near the space tether at New Mombasa either in H2 or ODST or both.

Yeah I would love to see ship to ship combat more often.Its portrayed so well in the novels.Covenant dont really use any kind of boats so sub combat is a no go unfortunately

> 2535435902217648;13:
> > 2533274830166194;10:
> > > 2535435902217648;9:
> > > > 2533274830166194;8:
> > > > > 2533274961735127;1:
> > > > > I recently got back into playing Halo Wars 2, and I forgot how much I loved it. But it got me thinking, my favourite part of Halo lore is it’s ships, both Covenant and UNSC alike, why not have a Halo Wars 2 styled RTS game but based on the ship to ship combat of Halo.
> > > > > Would any of you be interested in this?
> > > >
> > > > Interesting idea but because we’ve never seen naval combat in halo games idk how they could properly execute it
> > >
> > > Not in games, but there are plenty of extended lore naval battles to draw on for inspiration. The detailed descriptions of Admiral Cole’s Last Stand and the Keyes Loop are good building blocks for a game like this, to name a couple.
> >
> > I thought you meant actual naval sea battles lol my mistake.I would love to see cutscenes of naval engagements though and perhaps in a game we could experience it while were on the ship
>
> Ha no worries I was referring to space engagements. Though there is a UNSC “wet navy”. If I recall correctly, you can see a naval ship in the water near the space tether at New Mombasa either in H2 or ODST or both.

There is a Marine based UNSC Navy, but I believe it is completely autonomous with drones