UNSC/Marines in WZFF!

I think having UNSC/Marines in WZFF for us to fight would be a pretty cool idea. I’m sure you can easily think of a reason, as it is a simulation after all… Heck, you can tied it in with Halo Wars characters here even, which would be SUPER cool, let’s be honest!!! … "Spartans, your up against one of the UNSC finest, Captain Cutter!! See if you can out maneuver him and take him down… or something like this :wink: I know I would be nerding out a bit and be like "Coooool!!! Lol You could obviously add other characters as well.

The beauty of this too over say something like adding brutes to WZFF (which would be super cool by the way but understand it would be a ton of work) is minus say a few new lines for Commander Palmer to say, all the characters and models are already in the game. So very minimal work would have to be done to implement this​ :slight_smile:

Also, this would help people who are going for the Achilles armor/helmet and don’t like to play warzone. As it would give them a other means to get it (killing Marines) in WZFF. They would still be using REQs as it’s in WZFF (which 343I wants) and they would still be buying REQ packs (which 343I/MS also wants, possibly with real money even)

I can’t be the only one who here who thinks it’d be cool to fight again a wave of marines/UNSC who are coming at you on foot, with snipers, in hogs, in wasps, in mantises and in tanks! I think it’d be fun as heck! Your also pleasing multiple parts of your fan base too, and like I said, a great way to tied in (I know they’re​ already tied together but you know what I mean) both series. It’s a win all around I think :slight_smile:

Thoughts?

Not only is this something I’d want as it would change up the monotony of facing the same covenant and promethean bosses just about every game, it would also lend itself to help with commendations–I’m lucky to kill a goose one out of every 3 or 4 games, and I’ve just reached level 4 (essentially I need 75 to finish the commendation).

Interesting concept. I don’t know if I like it though

> 2533274806679134;3:
> Interesting concept. I don’t know if I like it though

Would you expand on why you don’t know if you like it? Just curious to hear your thoughts. :slight_smile:

> 2800676018284000;4:
> > 2533274806679134;3:
> > Interesting concept. I don’t know if I like it though
>
> Would you expand on why you don’t know if you like it? Just curious to hear your thoughts. :slight_smile:

They are friendlies. And the history fighting beside them. I am not totally against it. I would just feel guilty smokin am. Haha

> 2533274806679134;5:
> > 2800676018284000;4:
> > > 2533274806679134;3:
> > > Interesting concept. I don’t know if I like it though
> >
> > Would you expand on why you don’t know if you like it? Just curious to hear your thoughts. :slight_smile:
>
> They are friendlies. And the history fighting beside them. I am not totally against it. I would just feel guilty smokin am. Haha

Understandable. I’d say that to combat that 343 could make them “Innies” or since Warzone is a simulation, that type of thing. I would think making Human combatants “Innies” would be far more interesting as it could present some different options for weapons, vehicles, and other REQs. That being said, I feel guilty (for some reason) killing marines in Warzone :stuck_out_tongue:

Doesn’t killing humans up the rating?

I would love Marines on Base defense objectives.

> 2800676018284000;2:
> Not only is this something I’d want as it would change up the monotony of facing the same covenant and promethean bosses just about every game, it would also lend itself to help with commendations–I’m lucky to kill a goose one out of every 3 or 4 games, and I’ve just reached level 4 (essentially I need 75 to finish the commendation).

I actually never thought about other Commendations, that’s a good point. It would help with some other ones too

> 2591580321307319;7:
> Doesn’t killing humans up the rating?

If it did then the marines and spartans should already have done that.

> 2533274806679134;5:
> > 2800676018284000;4:
> >
> > Would you expand on why you don’t know if you like it? Just curious to hear your thoughts. :slight_smile:
>
> They are friendlies. And the history fighting beside them. I am not totally against it. I would just feel guilty smokin am. Haha

I haven’t touched Halo 5 in months, but “it’s them or us” is my saying when it comes to fighting marines.

Rogue marines!

A WZFF mode in which you’re the Covenant, and you’ll have to face bosses like: Red Team, Pelicans, etc. I like the idea. Also they should add Tartarus and Atriox as WZ bosses

> 2533274806679134;5:
> > 2800676018284000;4:
> >
>

I understand how you can think that, but remember, all this is a simulation… it isn’t real. It’s a training exercise right, so why not have Spartans go up against one of the UNSC brightest military minds. For example Captain Cutter. Image all the sudden seeing a bunch of Wasps, Hogs and Tanks just coming at you. Make them some of them super strong like the grunt mech or top versions of that class of vehicles and your in business I think.Spartans are only the best at what they do because they are trained by the best and go up against the brightest. To me it just makes sense to do this.

> 2533274806679134;5:
> > 2800676018284000;4:
> >
>

Well the Elites are friendlies too and we shoot them. Remember, this is all a simulation. It isn’t real.

Yeah, I’d like something like this as well if for no other reason than helping with the Spartan Company Commendations for killing Marines. I actually said this exact thing in the WZFF Feedback thread two days before this topic was created.

If people ask enough (nicely) they might implement marines in multiplayer in the next Halo (sice another Halo is almost certain considering Halo 5’s ending).

To think about it now, it would be interesting to have an insurrectionist/rebel faction to fight in maybe just WZ and WZFF, bring a little bit more of the EU into Halo 5 (considering 343 has put in a large amount of EU material into Halo 5)

> 2535429743939422;17:
> To think about it now, it would be interesting to have an insurrectionist/rebel faction to fight in maybe just WZ and WZFF, bring a little bit more of the EU into Halo 5 (considering 343 has put in a large amount of EU material into Halo 5)

Even more so with stuff that happened in The Cole Protocol and the Glasslands trilogy with the gritty details of the spartan project coming to light.

I think they should have ODST marines in the home base. ODST’s are, by lore, tougher than normal marines.

> 2535469201684318;19:
> I think they should have ODST marines in the home base. ODST’s are, by lore, tougher than normal marines.

They are tougher for sure, but ODSTs are meant to fight, not to provide defense. Marines are suitable for general combat and rear-echelon purposes, such as defense.