UNSC Infinity VS Covenant Super Carrier

This was spurned by an argument in another thread, “Human Supremacy and the degradation of lore” if I remember correctly.
Two gents were arguing about the Infinity being no match for a Covenant Supercarrier, which is why we’re here. I’ll list out the capabilities and specs of both ships and let the people decide.

UNSC Flagship Infinity INF-101

Length: 5,694m [18,681.6ft]
Beam: 833.3m [2,733.9ft]
Height: 1,041.2m [3,415.9ft]
Total Crew: 17,151

Sublight Configuration[i/]:
XR2 Boglin Fields; S81/X-DFR
[Deuterium Fusion Reactor]
Translight Configuration:
Mark X Macedon/Z-PROTOTYPE #78720HDS
[Remote Carriage]
Armor Plate Composition:
Titanium-A3 Battleplate [490cm], Materials Group
Shielding:
Yes/Forerunner Based Shielding
Armament:
CR-03, Series-8 MAC [4]
M42 Archer [350 pods x 24 missiles]
M75 Rapier [250 pods x 30 missiles]
M96 Howler [500 pods x 20 missiles]
PDS [830 guns, 70mm M965 PDN]
Mass Deployment:
Cat-1 Primary Bays [275]
Cat-2 Secondary Bays [140]
Cat-3 Material Deployment Bays [108]
Cat-8 Sub-Vessel Deployment Bays [10]
Single Deployment:
R1295 Launching System/M9407 SOEIV [329]
B854 Jettison Bays/M8823 HEV [124]
__________
CSO-Class Supercarrier
Length: 28,960 Meters (95,013ft 1in)
Beam: 11.447 Meters (37,555ft 9in)
Height: 3,563 Meters (11,689 ft 8 in)
Total Crew: Unknown (Tens of Thousands?)
Sublight Configuration[i/]:
Repulsor Engine
<em>Translight Configuration[i/]</em>
<em>Yes/Unknown Make (element?)</em>
<em>Armor Plate Configuration:</em>
<em>Unknown Covenant Material</em>
<em>Shielding:</em>
<em>Yes (possible Forerunner reverse technology?)</em>
<em>Armament:</em>
<em>Energy Projectors [Minimum of 7 (possibly more?]</em>
<em>Pulse Lasers/Point Defense Turrets [Unknown Amount (numbering in the thousands?)]</em>
<em>Plasma Torpedoes [Unknown Amount (numbering in the thousands?)]</em>
<em>Deployment:</em>
<em>Yes/Unknown Capacity/ Seraph Single Ships (numbering hundreds of Squadrons?)</em>
<em><em>__________</em></em>
<em>My edge is given to the Infinity, for the sheer fact that it has backup, and lots of it, like the 10 Strident-Class Heavy Frigates it carries. As for combat, I can’t say, no ones really seen a Supercarrier in actual battle yet (I think).</em>

> My edge is given to the Infinity, for the sheer fact that it has backup, and lots of it, like the 10 Strident-Class Heavy Frigates it carries. As for combat, I can’t say, no ones really seen a Supercarrier in actual battle yet (I think).

If the Infinity gets her complement of frigates, the Supercarrier gets that pocket fleet of corvettes she was refueling.

Super Carrier definitely.

We have the pride of UNSC versus the pride of the Covenant. One of these factions is hundreds of years more advanced than the other as well as having access to the same resources (e.g. Forerunner artefacts and Huragok). The supercarrier is also far, far bigger than the Infinity. This makes it more difficult to manoeuvre yes, but also more difficult to destroy.

Even if Infinity has the advantage in shielding and agility the supercarrier has better weapons, armour and size on its side.

> Super Carrier definitely.
>
> We have the pride of UNSC versus the pride of the Covenant. One of these factions is hundreds of years more advanced than the other as well as having access to the same resources (e.g. Forerunner artefacts and Huragok). The supercarrier is also far, far bigger than the Infinity. This makes it more difficult to manoeuvre yes, but also more difficult to destroy.
>
> Even if Infinity has the advantage in shielding and agility the supercarrier has better weapons, armour and size on its side.

Bigger isn’t always better. It also means it’s a bigger target. Although if we factor in the Infinity and her escort, we are going to factor in the Super Carrier and said Corvette escort that she could easily carry in her hanger.

I’m still giving the edge to the Super Carrier considering it could keep Reach at bay alone for a few weeks and it’s sheer amount of firepower. Infinity wouldn’t dare ram this ship or she’d be fried by the countless plasma projectors/torpedoes.

We don’t know if a covenant ship could make the same hole in Mantle’s Approach that Infinity did.

> We don’t know if a covenant ship could make the same hole in Mantle’s Approach that Infinity did.

I think it could. You can’t raze planets with MAC strikes. Not efficiently, at least.

> > Super Carrier definitely.
> >
> > We have the pride of UNSC versus the pride of the Covenant. One of these factions is hundreds of years more advanced than the other as well as having access to the same resources (e.g. Forerunner artefacts and Huragok). The supercarrier is also far, far bigger than the Infinity. This makes it more difficult to manoeuvre yes, but also more difficult to destroy.
> >
> > Even if Infinity has the advantage in shielding and agility the supercarrier has better weapons, armour and size on its side.
>
> Bigger isn’t always better. It also means it’s a bigger target. Although if we factor in the Infinity and her escort, we are going to factor in the Super Carrier and said Corvette escort that she could easily carry in her hanger.
>
> I’m still giving the edge to the Super Carrier considering it could keep Reach at bay alone for a few weeks and it’s sheer amount of firepower. Infinity wouldn’t dare ram this ship or she’d be fried by the countless plasma projectors/torpedoes.

Bigger is not always better you’re right. That much mass would be extremely difficult to move, making it probably quite sluggish compared to the Infinity.

However, being so large means it requires more damage to fully destroy it. A one cm hole in a human is a big deal but a one cm hole in an elephant is not going to drop it before it tramples you.

Here is some scaling to put things into perspective.

The Mantle’s Approach was waltzing through the entire ODP grid with absolutely no trouble whatsoever. That includes the SMAC platforms, which each fire about 50+ gigatons per shot, ever 5 seconds (that’s 50,000+ megatons). We know that the Mantle was making a linear approach, because if it was dodging those shots, then the Chief would’ve been slammed into the walls while he flew in its trenches. We also have reason to believe her shields weren’t up either, as we see them vanish upon exiting slipspace, we see no shield flares from the UNSC attacks, and we see the fleet hovering right over her hull.

The Infinity managed to do what the entire ODP grid couldn’t do and blow a hole through the Approach’s hull. That puts her weapon at above the ODP grid.

The Unyielding Hierophant, a Covenant space station larger than a Supercarrier, had shield generator nodes that each produced 512 terrawats per lobe, and after viewing some calcs online, that puts its defensive energy equal to around 1.3 megatons per second for each node (though I sensed a math discrepancy that would make the actual number even lower). Even if the smaller Supercarrier had 20 of these nodes projecting ts shield, it could only take about 26 megatons per second before failing and having to recharge.

The Infinity, according to Halo 4, has a primary weapon more powerful than a 50 gigaton SMAC weapon. Even if the Supercarrier’s shields could recharge in 1 second, the shear brute force of the Infinity’s main cannon would either one shot or severely cripple the Supercarrier beyond saving, depending on where it hit. The Infinity is simply too powerful for the SC to handle, despite its superior size and (probably) more numerous weapons.

The Infinity put a small hole in Mantle’s Approach that quickly repaired itself. We weren’t present for the rest of the battle but it seems likely that the super MAC platforms put lots of holes in the ship but it simply repaired itself. That’s kind of the problem with firing on a ship that is mostly comprised of hard light.

Even if the Infinity somehow had a weapon as powerful as you say the supercarrier still has the advantage. MACs are fixed forward facing weapons that fire slugs at a small fraction of the speed of light. The supercarrier has a weapon that it is able to aim independantly of itself and travels at the speed of light. The supercarrier simply has to sit aabout one light second from Infinity and riddle it full of holes.

> The Infinity put a small hole in Mantle’s Approach that quickly repaired itself. We weren’t present for the rest of the battle but it seems likely that the super MAC platforms put lots of holes in the ship but it simply repaired itself. That’s kind of the problem with firing on a ship that is mostly comprised of hard light.
>
> Even if the Infinity somehow had a weapon as powerful as you say the supercarrier still has the advantage. MACs are fixed forward facing weapons that fire slugs at a small fraction of the speed of light. The supercarrier has a weapon that it is able to aim independantly of itself and travels at the speed of light. The supercarrier simply has to sit aabout one light second from Infinity and riddle it full of holes.

What weapon is that?

If the Infinity’s MAC could so much as scratch the surface of the Mantle’s Approach, it would tear right through the Supercarrier. That said, we need more info on the Infinity’s defences before we can make a proper judgement. If the shielding isn’t strong enough, the ships would annihilate each other with their first exchange.

> What weapon is that?

The energy projector. However I was wrong when I said it travels at c. I thought it was an actual laser but it is a particle beam. It still travels much faster than a MAC round though, based on descriptions from The Fall of Reach.

A super MAC round travels at 0.04c. Assuming Infinity to have similar weapons, it would take 25 seconds for it reach the supercarrier ata distance of 1 light second, plenty of time to dodge while the supercarrier returns fire with the energy projector, effectively sniping Infinity.

When the distance has been closed to knife fight range Infinity still has to orient itself properly to use it’s MAC. Missiles have to contend with both point defence turrets and shielding. The Infinity has to deal with thousands of plasma torpedoes and pulse lasers as it swings round to fire, with only shielding to defend itself.

> Here is some scaling to put things into perspective.
>
> The Mantle’s Approach was waltzing through the entire ODP grid with absolutely no trouble whatsoever. That includes the SMAC platforms, which each fire about 50+ gigatons per shot, ever 5 seconds (that’s 50,000+ megatons). We know that the Mantle was making a linear approach, because if it was dodging those shots, then the Chief would’ve been slammed into the walls while he flew in its trenches. We also have reason to believe her shields weren’t up either, as we see them vanish upon exiting slipspace, we see no shield flares from the UNSC attacks, and we see the fleet hovering right over her hull.
>
> The Infinity managed to do what the entire ODP grid couldn’t do and blow a hole through the Approach’s hull. That puts her weapon at above the ODP grid.
>
> The Unyielding Hierophant, a Covenant space station larger than a Supercarrier, had shield generator nodes that each produced 512 terrawats per lobe, and after viewing some calcs online, that puts its defensive energy equal to around 1.3 megatons per second for each node (though I sensed a math discrepancy that would make the actual number even lower). Even if the smaller Supercarrier had 20 of these nodes projecting ts shield, it could only take about 26 megatons per second before failing and having to recharge.
>
> The Infinity, according to Halo 4, has a primary weapon more powerful than a 50 gigaton SMAC weapon. Even if the Supercarrier’s shields could recharge in 1 second, the shear brute force of the Infinity’s main cannon would either one shot or severely cripple the Supercarrier beyond saving, depending on where it hit. The Infinity is simply too powerful for the SC to handle, despite its superior size and (probably) more numerous weapons.

I swear I did a whole thing about this kind of thinking before. Let me find it…

Ah, here it all is:
https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst241364p2_UNSC-Infinity-s-Strength-and-Durability.aspx

I think you are seriously forgetting the situation here. The Mantles Approach was under fire from the whole of Earths Orbital Defenses and fleets, along with the Infinity. It wasn’t just the Infinity saying “Hey, lets go make a hole lol”. Not in the least. And that hole wasn’t very big. It was barely enough to fit the Chief and his fighter ship into it. Then that hole promptly closed up. Impressive that it made a dent, yes, but don’t make it seem like the feat is any bigger than it is.

I did say it was impressive that it made a dent. However, it did so with the aid of practically everything the UNSC had, which were also firing and taking fire. If it were a 1v1 battle, the Infinity would be out. Gone. Dead. Then we have to keep in mind that this Forerunner ship was extremely weakened. This ship had deteriorated quite a bit and had been taking fire by a Battlegroup, Orbital defense and then had Chief and Cortana helping them from the inside by clearing out things that would have been a major issue to Infinity when they fired. Then, under all those conditions, the Infinity fired which made a hole that barely fit the Broadsword in and then promptly closed off. Not that impressive under all those conditions.

Yes, that was my point. The guns were not a minor annoyance, they were going to be a serious problem for both the Infinity and the other ships.
No, no he is not. But then again, this is an insane Didact who was previously mindraped by the Gravemind and then was dormant for thousands of years. The Didact was planning a massive plot to destroy an entire species. The Chief has been following orders for 90% of his time between Halo 2-4. Not comparable at all. And like you said, one that ship he was maintaining 100% of the Mantles Approach. He isn’t going to be 100% on the ball considering everything he has been through.

There you go.

> > Here is some scaling to put things into perspective.
> >
> > The Mantle’s Approach was waltzing through the entire ODP grid with absolutely no trouble whatsoever. That includes the SMAC platforms, which each fire about 50+ gigatons per shot, ever 5 seconds (that’s 50,000+ megatons). We know that the Mantle was making a linear approach, because if it was dodging those shots, then the Chief would’ve been slammed into the walls while he flew in its trenches. We also have reason to believe her shields weren’t up either, as we see them vanish upon exiting slipspace, we see no shield flares from the UNSC attacks, and we see the fleet hovering right over her hull.
> >
> > The Infinity managed to do what the entire ODP grid couldn’t do and blow a hole through the Approach’s hull. That puts her weapon at above the ODP grid.
> >
> > The Unyielding Hierophant, a Covenant space station larger than a Supercarrier, had shield generator nodes that each produced 512 terrawats per lobe, and after viewing some calcs online, that puts its defensive energy equal to around 1.3 megatons per second for each node (though I sensed a math discrepancy that would make the actual number even lower). Even if the smaller Supercarrier had 20 of these nodes projecting ts shield, it could only take about 26 megatons per second before failing and having to recharge.
> >
> > The Infinity, according to Halo 4, has a primary weapon more powerful than a 50 gigaton SMAC weapon. Even if the Supercarrier’s shields could recharge in 1 second, the shear brute force of the Infinity’s main cannon would either one shot or severely cripple the Supercarrier beyond saving, depending on where it hit. The Infinity is simply too powerful for the SC to handle, despite its superior size and (probably) more numerous weapons.
>
> I swear I did a whole thing about this kind of thinking before. Let me find it…
>
> Ah, here it all is:
> https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst241364p2_UNSC-Infinity-s-Strength-and-Durability.aspx
>
> I think you are seriously forgetting the situation here. The Mantles Approach was under fire from the whole of Earths Orbital Defenses and fleets, along with the Infinity. It wasn’t just the Infinity saying “Hey, lets go make a hole lol”. Not in the least. And that hole wasn’t very big. It was barely enough to fit the Chief and his fighter ship into it. Then that hole promptly closed up. Impressive that it made a dent, yes, but don’t make it seem like the feat is any bigger than it is.
>
>
> I did say it was impressive that it made a dent. However, it did so with the aid of practically everything the UNSC had, which were also firing and taking fire. If it were a 1v1 battle, the Infinity would be out. Gone. Dead. Then we have to keep in mind that this Forerunner ship was extremely weakened. This ship had deteriorated quite a bit and had been taking fire by a Battlegroup, Orbital defense and then had Chief and Cortana helping them from the inside by clearing out things that would have been a major issue to Infinity when they fired. Then, under all those conditions, the Infinity fired which made a hole that barely fit the Broadsword in and then promptly closed off. Not that impressive under all those conditions.
>
> Yes, that was my point. The guns were not a minor annoyance, they were going to be a serious problem for both the Infinity and the other ships.
> No, no he is not. But then again, this is an insane Didact who was previously mindraped by the Gravemind and then was dormant for thousands of years. The Didact was planning a massive plot to destroy an entire species. The Chief has been following orders for 90% of his time between Halo 2-4. Not comparable at all. And like you said, one that ship he was maintaining 100% of the Mantles Approach. He isn’t going to be 100% on the ball considering everything he has been through.
>
> There you go.

You’ll have to prove that anything the rest of the fleet did to the ship had any impact on the Approach at all, because the only thing we have to go off of is that the ODP grid and fleet was “ineffective.” If they were doing appreciable damage to the hull of the Approach then the Infinity would not have been necessary to blow the hole open for the Chief to fly through in the first place, they could simply have launched an attack from one of the ODP’s with a larger range.

You say the ship was “deteriorated.” Prove it. We have no evidence whatsoever that the ship was in any way affected by the UNSC defenses; in fact, we only have testament to the opposite, that nothing they did had an effect.

And yes, the Approach’s defenses were legitimate threats to the Infinity. But given that these cannons are seen vaporizing UNSC ships in the same scene (during gameplay) then it is understandable. This is a Forerunner ship, the same people who saw detonating stars and destroying whole planets as another day at the office, their weapons are naturally going to be scaled very, very high (some calcs for their more powerful ships put them at the terraton range).

So as it stands, you have no real evidence for anything you said. The battle over earth consists of the entire defense network being rendered “ineffective.” If the ODP grid was actually doing anything to the Approach, then the Infinity didn’t need to be the one to put a hole into the ship at such close range. When the Infinity did make its shot, it did so alone. Absolutely nothing else was seen shooting at it as you seemed to claim, the fleet evidently having moved off to get out of the way. And we have no evidence at all that the Approach had “deteriorated” in any way over the course of the battle or over the course of the 100,000 years it had sat idle. If anything, we only have evidence to the opposite as the Defense Command reports all of their efforts were “ineffective” almost immediately upon attacking. The only proven effective weapon against the Approach was the Infinity’s MAC blast, which even looking at the design of the ship is more powerful than a SMAC by virtue of its much higher length.

SMAC weapons are 802 meters long. The Infinity is just over 7 times that length. If the MAC runs even half that length than the weapon has an acceleration 3.5 times greater than the SMAC platform at least, not accounting for the fact that it uses superior Forerunner technology. So it all fits the idea that the Infinity is more powerful than the Defense grid, the simplest explanation for the evidence on screen and the design of the ship itself all correlate with each other for this point.

Infinity’s Series 8 MAC is the most powerful/most advanced MAC the UNSC has.
I’d imagine the ODP perhaps out some dents or tiny holes in Mantle’s Approach, but anything it did was much less significant than Infinity’s hole, which is incredibly insignificant in itself.

Look at the size of Mantle’s Approach. It’s about a quarter the size of our moon, and that is utterly gargantuan. Infinity punched a hole less than 59 meters wide, which opened up into a tunnel as the ship shifted its hull to repair the hole. Even if the damage went 1000 meters into the ship, there are hundreds of thousands of meters of ship left.
The damage was insignificant.

Numbers we have for MACs, frigates: 64 kilotons.
SMAC: 51.6 gigatons. Some orders of magnitudes higher.

If my calculations are correct, a SMAC is 806250 times more powerful than a standard frigate mac.

> Infinity’s Series 8 MAC is the most powerful/most advanced MAC the UNSC has.
> I’d imagine the ODP perhaps out some dents or tiny holes in Mantle’s Approach, but anything it did was much less significant than Infinity’s hole, which is incredibly insignificant in itself.
>
> Look at the size of Mantle’s Approach. It’s about a quarter the size of our moon, and that is utterly gargantuan. Infinity punched a hole less than 59 meters wide, which opened up into a tunnel as the ship shifted its hull to repair the hole. Even if the damage went 1000 meters into the ship, there are hundreds of thousands of meters of ship left.
> The damage was insignificant.

Not to mention the spot the Infinity pierced was the weakest part of the ship, the doors and plating near the composer.

It’s impressive for it did damage to a forerunner vessel…but insignificant for it was a very very minor dent to Mantles Approach.

However this is about Infinity vs the SuperCarrier…though.

> You’ll have to prove that anything the rest of the fleet did to the ship had any impact on the Approach at all, because the only thing we have to go off of is that the ODP grid and fleet was “ineffective.” If they were doing appreciable damage to the hull of the Approach then the Infinity would not have been necessary to blow the hole open for the Chief to fly through in the first place, they could simply have launched an attack from one of the ODP’s with a larger range.
>
> You say the ship was “deteriorated.” Prove it. We have no evidence whatsoever that the ship was in any way affected by the UNSC defenses; in fact, we only have testament to the opposite, that nothing they did had an effect.
>
> And yes, the Approach’s defenses were legitimate threats to the Infinity. But given that these cannons are seen vaporizing UNSC ships in the same scene (during gameplay) then it is understandable. This is a Forerunner ship, the same people who saw detonating stars and destroying whole planets as another day at the office, their weapons are naturally going to be scaled very, very high (some calcs for their more powerful ships put them at the terraton range).
>
> So as it stands, you have no real evidence for anything you said. The battle over earth consists of the entire defense network being rendered “ineffective.” If the ODP grid was actually doing anything to the Approach, then the Infinity didn’t need to be the one to put a hole into the ship at such close range. When the Infinity did make its shot, it did so alone. Absolutely nothing else was seen shooting at it as you seemed to claim, the fleet evidently having moved off to get out of the way. And we have no evidence at all that the Approach had “deteriorated” in any way over the course of the battle or over the course of the 100,000 years it had sat idle. If anything, we only have evidence to the opposite as the Defense Command reports all of their efforts were “ineffective” almost immediately upon attacking. The only proven effective weapon against the Approach was the Infinity’s MAC blast, which even looking at the design of the ship is more powerful than a SMAC by virtue of its much higher length.
>
> SMAC weapons are 802 meters long. The Infinity is just over 7 times that length. If the MAC runs even half that length than the weapon has an acceleration 3.5 times greater than the SMAC platform at least, not accounting for the fact that it uses superior Forerunner technology. So it all fits the idea that the Infinity is more powerful than the Defense grid, the simplest explanation for the evidence on screen and the design of the ship itself all correlate with each other for this point.

…Are you actually claiming that the UNSC Infinity literally waltzed in and made a hole when it felt like it? Some parts are simple common sense. The MA was taking fire from the ODP and it was the only ship being allowed. It is common sense that the Infinity would not pull off the same results if that ODP were not there. We know they were not enough and that the Infinity did make the deciding strike, but to imply that the Infinity could have done the same thing without the ODP being there to provide assistance or even body shields is mindboggling.

Read the link.

Yes, yes they were threats to the Infinity.

Sometimes, you have to rely on common sense, not just “They did’t say it, you are wrong!”. Of course the ODP was doing something to the Mantles Approach. They were distracting it’s main guns, and firing on all parts of it at all times. While this may seem insignificant to you, these are all very important parts of the mission that seriously helped the Infinity to get that close to it, never mind letting off a shot. At the very moment of it’s shot? Yeah, it did that alone. But the amount of aid that was given to the Infinity to get off it’s perfect shot can not be ignored. Which you are ignoring. You also seem to be ignoring the fact that this hole was barely enough to fit the Chief in, and this hole was shut seconds after. You also forget that how little damage the shot actually did. It didn’t make a mission kill or damage any systems. It essentially made a very small dent in it and from that dent a needle hole. Sorry, but this is not as impressive as you make it out to be.

> Yes, yes they were threats to the Infinity.
>
> Sometimes, you have to rely on common sense, not just “They did’t say it, you are wrong!”. Of course the ODP was doing something to the Mantles Approach. They were distracting it’s main guns, and firing on all parts of it at all times. While this may seem insignificant to you, these are all very important parts of the mission that seriously helped the Infinity to get that close to it, never mind letting off a shot. At the very moment of it’s shot? Yeah, it did that alone. But the amount of aid that was given to the Infinity to get off it’s perfect shot can not be ignored. Which you are ignoring. You also seem to be ignoring the fact that this hole was barely enough to fit the Chief in, and this hole was shut seconds after. You also forget that how little damage the shot actually did. It didn’t make a mission kill or damage any systems. It essentially made a very small dent in it and from that dent a needle hole. Sorry, but this is not as impressive as you make it out to be.

Why do people keep bringing up the hole the Infinity made and claiming that its not impressive. Its like they were expecting a Hollywood movie nuclear explosion.

When you say its not impressive, what are you comparing it too? Mine you it would still take allot of energy to make that hole.

A SMAC that has a firepower close to 50gt is a near extinction event if it hit a planet. It can easily erase contentnts and a few shots would leave the planet uninhabitable. The Infinity has no power shortages, if it can output as much power as a ground side generator, the Infinity has the firepower to erase continents and technically a planet killer. Not a planet buster, but enough firepower to render the planet uninhabitable for hundreds of thousands of years.

Also a ground side generator can power multiple SMAC’s that can fire a 3000ton slug at 12,000km/s every 5 seconds. The Infinity only has to worry about 4 MACs and a 6km ship. How ever big this generators are, I highly doubt they are big enough where they won’t fit inside a 6km ship. But the Infinity has something else powering it, either it can out power an over size nuclear power plant that powers multiple SMACs or its more efficient in the long round.

Alspo yes the hole was very insignificant, well compared to the quarter size ship made out off something far more durable then anything we have today. The damage the Infinity did might as well been a flee bite, compared to what Forerunners dish out. But this isn’t the UNSC Infinity vs Forerunner ship the size of a small moon. This is the UNSC infinity vs a 30km ship.

Now that hole might have been less then 50 to 30 meters across and about a kilometer long. Now put that “dent” into the super carrier and tell me that the damage is insignificant. Well after you account for the variables such shields not as strong when compared to the MA, not made out off the same material and most likely less durable and not as big as.