UNSC Infinity and "Halo Flagship Syndrome"

you may be wondering what this “Halo Flagship Syndrome” is all about… I will explain. It seems that any major human ship that participates in a halo campaign ends up destroyed or MIA… Examples Follow:

UNSC Spirit of Fire
UNSC Savahanna
UNSC Pillar of Autumn
UNSC In Amber Clad
UNSC Forward Unto Dawn…

Will the Infinity suffer the same fate? On one hand, Spartan Ops makes references to the Ship (seen in gameplay trailer) so i assume it isn’t destroyed because spartan ops takes place 6 months after the campaign… But in the campaign demo, it is seen CRASHING into surface with heavy damage…

Will the Infinity be repaired after the crash? or will it be destroyed?

EDIT: The UNSC Infinity was built using Forerunner and Covenant tech, so it most likely has a very high tech form of shielding tech… The Infinity is most likely not heavily damaged by the crash due to this…

It obviously gets repaired.

Well this picture shows the Infinity in the air. So it is likely it is repaired
Also this shows the Infinity bridge and out the window is a different enviorment than where it crashed

Well from the trailer I can see the Infinity is already flying away. So unless that’s another ship I’d put my bets on it getting away.

I can’t see it destroyed that easily before the game ends. It’ll probably be important to the story in the next two games.

It survives.

It’s like the new crew member in Star Trek. You know he’s a goner.

But seriously,

Spartan Ops is about 4 to 6 months after the campaign. This has been stated by 343.

> Well this picture shows the Infinity in the air. So it is likely it is repaired
> Also this shows the Infinity bridge and out the window is a different enviorment than where it crashed

Thanks! I just wanted to make sure because I’m writing a fan-fiction and wanted to make sure I had some of the larger details correct.

Considering the UNSC Infinity is around and kicking 6 months after the Campaign, I don’t think it will suffer the same fate.

its going to blow up in halo 6

It won’t get destroyed during Master Chief’s romp through Requiem because the Infinity will be involved in Spartan OPs. Which will be taking place six months after Chief’s adventure has ended. Plus it sets up the minor backstory to War Games (the competitive MP taking place on the holodeck of the Infinity for training purposes).

Otherwise, it would be pretty stupid to have it be the main hub of the MP action and be destroyed during the Campaign. You can’t have story device and features revolve around something that is clearly not in existence anymore.