UNSC have nothing to fly?

I feel like halo 4 is really missing in the fact that the humans have nothing to fly. Halo 3 had the Hornet, Reach had the falcon why not anything in this one? Custom game battles with just banshees isn’t the greatest. Also its not just aircraft we dont have vehicles at all and what about weapons theres an okay amount but why not add all the older guns like the SMG, Maulers, Bruteshot, spiker, misslepod (all time favorite), sentry gun and the flamethrower?

They have the Mantis for that. It’s the very definition of “Anti-Air”.

Think of it as a Hornet with legs.

Giant geriatric walker saves game, news at 11

> They have the Mantis for that. It’s the very definition of “Anti-Air”.
>
> Think of it as a Hornet with legs.

But I wanted wings not legs -Yoink!-

why would the Infinity need small scale Air Superiority, when it drops Frigates?
Not to mention, the Infinity has 4 Mac Cannons On the ship alone.

Hornets or The flying Vehical from Reach would just be a waste of resourses.

Put your Spartan in a crouching position and…

Are you still paying attention?

And… fart! Now you should fly… in one direction.

I completely agree with what you’re saying. However, though it will be to your disappointment on most accounts, I will provide you with the reasons why some of these things weren’t implemented.

Let me start by saying I wish that there was a flyable UNSC vehicle in MP. I would like for someone to explain to me why there isn’t. Hopefully, they’ll release a vehicle in some sort of content pack (hint, hint, 343 :slight_smile:

Now, onto your point about the weapons. Although it seems like a silly reason, and even though we don’t care if it does, the publicly stated purpose for not including some weapons (such as the Mauler, BruteShot, and Spiker) is that they didn’t fit the fiction. The other thing to remember is that, every piece of content takes time to produce. And time equals manpower. And when one person is working on something, it means they can’t be working on something else that might be more important. Although it wouldn’t take 2 people more than a week to produce a good, functional weapon, that’s still 2 people who can’t help make many more things such as environmental set pieces or networking code.

Not, your point about some of the things that fit the fiction (such as the missile pod and flamethrower) is very valid in my opinion. I think that Halo needs to start expanding it’s weapon repertoire as each game releases. I can’t think of a good reason that models couldn’t be updated, and moved onto the next game. However, it all comes back to time. Time is the things that game designers and producers always want more of.

I hope this helps explain things for you!

  • Alpha Spartan A

I really miss the hornet in multiplayer, people where complaining it was overpowered but with a plasma pistol or spartan laser it was never a big deal.

The mantis what a piece of junk it feels like I’m playing a complete different game if I’m in the mantis. It reminds me of the movie Avatar. (the blue people one not the bald air-bender one)And again way to easy to take out.

Sadly 343i will not add new vehicles in, I mean lets be honest which game studio adds new things in these days? Yeah Bungie added snowcamo warthogs and tanks but those are just skins and no new flying vehicles.

take mantis out and put UNSC flying vehicles instead… problem solved

> why would the Infinity need small scale Air Superiority, when it drops Frigates?
> Not to mention, the Infinity has 4 Mac Cannons On the ship alone.
>
> Hornets or The flying Vehical from Reach would just be a waste of resourses.

AH good sir, the Hornet its job is to provide close air support for the ground troops.

A bit difficult to do for a MAC cannon since firing a MAC costs enormous amounts of energy and recourses.

A frigate is a warship, it has over 100 people on-board and its engines are 10.000 times the size of a hornets. Can you imagine the costs of a frigate compared to a hornet?

Jetpacks. /thread

Anyways, the Infinity carries G79-HTC/MA Pelican gunships for providing close air support. These would be ludicrously OP in multiplayer for obvious reasons, and thus are not included in War Games.

We need to start a petition to show 343i how much the community wants the hornet back.

> Put your Spartan in a crouching position and…
>
> Are you still paying attention?
>
> And… fart! Now you should fly… in one direction.

Was flying but got hijacked by another spartan :frowning:

> > why would the Infinity need small scale Air Superiority, when it drops Frigates?
> > Not to mention, the Infinity has 4 Mac Cannons On the ship alone.
> >
> > Hornets or The flying Vehical from Reach would just be a waste of resourses.
>
> AH good sir, the Hornet its job is to provide close air support for the ground troops.
>
> A bit difficult to do for a MAC cannon since firing a MAC costs enormous amounts of energy and recourses.
>
> A frigate is a warship, it has over 100 people on-board and its engines are 10.000 times the size of a hornets. Can you imagine the costs of a frigate compared to a hornet?

Thats why you go for the splatter!
:smiley:

> > Put your Spartan in a crouching position and…
> >
> > Are you still paying attention?
> >
> > And… fart! Now you should fly… in one direction.
>
> Was flying but got hijacked by another spartan :frowning:

I got Hijacked by a Prohpet when attempting that.

> I completely agree with what you’re saying. However, though it will be to your disappointment on most accounts, I will provide you with the reasons why some of these things weren’t implemented.
>
> Let me start by saying I wish that there was a flyable UNSC vehicle in MP. I would like for someone to explain to me why there isn’t. Hopefully, they’ll release a vehicle in some sort of content pack (hint, hint, 343 :slight_smile:
>
> Now, onto your point about the weapons. Although it seems like a silly reason, and even though we don’t care if it does, the publicly stated purpose for not including some weapons (such as the Mauler, BruteShot, and Spiker) is that they didn’t fit the fiction. The other thing to remember is that, every piece of content takes time to produce. And time equals manpower. And when one person is working on something, it means they can’t be working on something else that might be more important. Although it wouldn’t take 2 people more than a week to produce a good, functional weapon, that’s still 2 people who can’t help make many more things such as environmental set pieces or networking code.
>
> Not, your point about some of the things that fit the fiction (such as the missile pod and flamethrower) is very valid in my opinion. I think that Halo needs to start expanding it’s weapon repertoire as each game releases. I can’t think of a good reason that models couldn’t be updated, and moved onto the next game. However, it all comes back to time. Time is the things that game designers and producers always want more of.
>
> I hope this helps explain things for you!
>
> - Alpha Spartan A

That does help a little, an answer to the time lost to making new weapons would be just add with the new map packs through an update.

I really miss the Falcon.

> Thats why you go for the splatter!
> :smiley:

I’m imagining a frigate falling out of the sky and splattering every thing on the map right now hahaha .

> Jetpacks. /thread
>
> Anyways, the Infinity carries G79-HTC/MA Pelican gunships for providing close air support. These would be ludicrously OP in multiplayer for obvious reasons, and thus are not included in War Games.

And also Falcons as shown in a trailer and in the books.