UNSC equivalent to Ghost?

There is the mongoose, but almost as soon as you get on you are an easy target. Mongooses (mongeese?) are good for capture the flag, but the UNSC should have an equivalent to the ghost or revenant, one that goes fast, seats one person, and is not overpowered.

Pffft… your lack of skill with an energy sword passenger is disturbing.

Equivilant of the revanant? The hog called.

Considering that the UNSC is now working with covenant technology, there might be a more alien or futuristic variety of vehicles, as to why 343 may not want to show them. But I always felt like a UNSC vehicle need nitro or atleast turbo

I’ve heard that technically, the Warthog is the equivalent of the Ghost, while the Rocket/Gauss hogs are equivalent to Revenants. The Mongoose is by itself.

> Pffft… your lack of skill with a energy sword passenger is disturbing.

I mean a vehicle that seats one person like the ghost and doesn’t require the target to be as close. something where you could kill someone at a distance.

I don’t like this “equivalency” idea. We do not need equivalence, all that’s done is create worthless vehicles that get scrapped next go around. Look at the Spectre, Prowler, and I would imagine the Revenant.

> I’ve heard that technically, the Warthog is the equivalent of the Ghost, while the Rocket/Gauss hogs are equivalent to Revenants. The Mongoose is by itself.

I see what you mean. What about the rocket hog?

> > Pffft… your lack of skill with a energy sword passenger is disturbing.
>
> I mean a vehicle that seats one person like the ghost and doesn’t require the target to be as close. something where you could kill someone at a distance.

I don’t think we need clone of vehicle when it’s not needed. Would be pretty badass too if it’s fast and can kill easily people. Might as well take a Scorpion and put truster pack behind.

> I don’t like this “equivalency” idea. We do not need equivalence, all that’s done is create worthless vehicles that get scrapped next go around. Look at the Spectre, Prowler, and I would imagine the Revenant.

I would be fine with the prowler coming back, although that did get scrapped. I just thought that almost everything else in the game had a UNSC/Covenant equivalent, with a few exceptions.

There doesn’t have to be an equivalent to everything. It’s one thing where we have the BR, DMR, Carbine, Needle Rifle, et cetera, but there have to be some differences. For example, the Scorpion acts like a traditional tank whereas the Wraith is more of an artillery piece. There are differences between human and Covenant technology in the Halo universe. Similarities are possible between two different cultures, but differences in technology are to be expected (such as forks in Europe vs. chop-sticks in parts of Asia)

> > > Pffft… your lack of skill with a energy sword passenger is disturbing.
> >
> > I mean a vehicle that seats one person like the ghost and doesn’t require the target to be as close. something where you could kill someone at a distance.
>
> I don’t think we need clone of vehicle when it’s not needed. Would be pretty badass too if it’s fast and can kill easily people. Might as well take a Scorpion and put truster pack behind.

possibly a miniature tank that seats one person. less powerful than a scorpion. Maybe something like a vehicle from Halo wars.

> There doesn’t have to be an equivalent to everything. It’s one thing where we have the BR, DMR, Carbine, Needle Rifle, et cetera, but there have to be some differences. For example, the Scorpion acts like a traditional tank whereas the Wraith is more of an artillery piece. There are differences between human and Covenant technology in the Halo universe. Similarities are possible between two different cultures, but differences in technology are to be expected (such as forks in Europe vs. chop-sticks in parts of Asia)

They would each have their own strengths and weaknesses, but I see what you mean. I would be boring with two identical vehicles that just look different.

> > > > Pffft… your lack of skill with a energy sword passenger is disturbing.
> > >
> > > I mean a vehicle that seats one person like the ghost and doesn’t require the target to be as close. something where you could kill someone at a distance.
> >
> > I don’t think we need clone of vehicle when it’s not needed. Would be pretty badass too if it’s fast and can kill easily people. Might as well take a Scorpion and put truster pack behind.
>
> possibly a miniature tank that seats one person. less powerful than a scorpion. Maybe something like a vehicle from Halo wars.

Cobra?

> > > > Pffft… your lack of skill with a energy sword passenger is disturbing.
> > >
> > > I mean a vehicle that seats one person like the ghost and doesn’t require the target to be as close. something where you could kill someone at a distance.
> >
> > I don’t think we need clone of vehicle when it’s not needed. Would be pretty badass too if it’s fast and can kill easily people. Might as well take a Scorpion and put truster pack behind.
>
> possibly a miniature tank that seats one person. less powerful than a scorpion. Maybe something like a vehicle from Halo wars.

Aren’t all the Halo Wars vehicle 2 man need? One gunner and one driver.

EDIT: Based on the wiki only the Cyclops is 1 crew.

> There is the mongoose, but almost as soon as you get on you are an easy target. Mongooses (mongeese?) are good for capture the flag, but the UNSC should have an equivalent to the ghost or revenant, one that goes fast, seats one person, and is not overpowered.

Why?

> > > > > Pffft… your lack of skill with a energy sword passenger is disturbing.
> > > >
> > > > I mean a vehicle that seats one person like the ghost and doesn’t require the target to be as close. something where you could kill someone at a distance.
> > >
> > > I don’t think we need clone of vehicle when it’s not needed. Would be pretty badass too if it’s fast and can kill easily people. Might as well take a Scorpion and put truster pack behind.
> >
> > possibly a miniature tank that seats one person. less powerful than a scorpion. Maybe something like a vehicle from Halo wars.
>
> Aren’t all the Halo Wars vehicle 2 man need? One gunner and one driver.
>
>
> EDIT: Based on the wiki only the Cyclops is 1 crew.

They could make a new vehicle similar to them that is one man.

> > There is the mongoose, but almost as soon as you get on you are an easy target. Mongooses (mongeese?) are good for capture the flag, but the UNSC should have an equivalent to the ghost or revenant, one that goes fast, seats one person, and is not overpowered.
>
> Why?

Because the mongoose is defenseless when you are by yourself, and more people would use it if it were more of a threat.

> > > > > > Pffft… your lack of skill with a energy sword passenger is disturbing.
> > > > >
> > > > > I mean a vehicle that seats one person like the ghost and doesn’t require the target to be as close. something where you could kill someone at a distance.
> > > >
> > > > I don’t think we need clone of vehicle when it’s not needed. Would be pretty badass too if it’s fast and can kill easily people. Might as well take a Scorpion and put truster pack behind.
> > >
> > > possibly a miniature tank that seats one person. less powerful than a scorpion. Maybe something like a vehicle from Halo wars.
> >
> > Aren’t all the Halo Wars vehicle 2 man need? One gunner and one driver.
> >
> >
> > EDIT: Based on the wiki only the Cyclops is 1 crew.
>
> They could make a new vehicle similar to them that is one man.

That is what I am talking about. A new vehicle that can actually be a threat, but seats one person like a ghost.

I have an idea for a Forerunner equivalent to the Ghost.

You’re gonna have to use your imagination to understand this.

Appearance
Take a plain mongoose.
Remove it’s wheels.
Give it the famous sleak, silver design of usual Forerunner structures.
Make it levitate like the Ghost.
Put small sockets that fits your hands and work to steer.
The sockets glow a bright blue.

Weapons
Take 3 Sentinal Beams.
Put 1 right on the front.
And 2 on the forward facing corners of each side.
The vehicle’s tri-sentinal beam weapon overheats after about 5 seconds.

I don’t know whay to name it. You guys name it.

What do you think?