UNSC Ammo

I’ve just played a few campaign missions on Halo 3 had a blast with it, I decided to play a few Halo 5 missions right after and it jut shocks me how fast you have to ditch your UNSC starting weapons because you run out of ammo and there’s never anymore. Even worse there’s hardly any precision weapon ammo either so every level I end up just using the suppressor a load witch isn’t any near as fun!

The first level of Halo 5 is a great example of this!

I’m hoping the next halo game will be more military focused giving us much more ammo and UNSC weapons in the campaign, anyone else agree?

That is a major complaint of mine about the campaign as well. You run out of ammo so fast and you rarely get another UNSC weapon. I also hated the lack of marines. Here’s to hoping we get an amazing halo 6 campaign.

I have never gone a full level without ditching my starting weapon.

Yeah. I find myself ditching the starting weapons somewhere in the levels once they run dry. It’s a shame, considering how much I love my DMR and Assault Rifle. I’d rather use them over the Forerunner weapons but what can you do?

> 2535455681930574;2:
> That is a major complaint of mine about the campaign as well. You run out of ammo so fast and you rarely get another UNSC weapon. I also hated the lack of marines. Here’s to hoping we get an amazing halo 6 campaign.

Yeah, the Miners were the closest thing we had to Marines… :frowning:

Not sure about you but I STILL hate how the new armour for marines look. I miss the old green armour they use to wear D:

Yeah I’d love to have the old marines back in, playing the H3 level where you have to take out the shields in each spire with the abiter and Johnson I would always give the marines Spartan Lazers and Fuel Rod Connons and just destroy!

> 2533274939018653;4:
> Yeah. I find myself ditching the starting weapons somewhere in the levels once they run dry. It’s a shame, considering how much I love my DMR and Assault Rifle. I’d rather use them over the Forerunner weapons but what can you do?
>
>
>
>
> > 2535455681930574;2:
> > That is a major complaint of mine about the campaign as well. You run out of ammo so fast and you rarely get another UNSC weapon. I also hated the lack of marines. Here’s to hoping we get an amazing halo 6 campaign.
>
> Yeah, the Miners were the closest thing we had to Marines… :frowning:
>
> Not sure about you but I STILL hate how the new armour for marines look. I miss the old green armour they use to wear D:

Some of the miners looked cool, but I love the Halo 2A marines the best.

> 2535455681930574;2:
> That is a major complaint of mine about the campaign as well. You run out of ammo so fast and you rarely get another UNSC weapon. I also hated the lack of marines. Here’s to hoping we get an amazing halo 6 campaign.

The main thing to take from this is the lack of marines. In Halos 1-4, you were fighting alongside UNSC ground forces a large amount of the time. You had to opportunity to find dead marines, take the ammo from the ones who died alongside you, and find ammo caches in crashed pelicans and UNSC areas. The thing with Halo 5 is that you are on a secret mission, so no ground support, you also never fight on a UNSC installation or planet, so honestly there’s not much reason to find UNSC weapons or ammo anywhere. I mean, there’s probably not gonna be any on Sanghelios, or on the Guardian for that matter.

Preach it. I miss fighting alongside the UNSC.

Well to be fair where are you going to get your ammo in H5 seeing how they take place where the unsc isn’t allowed or where not at? In past campaigns you pick up extra ammo off dead unsc, hard to do that in H5. Can’t exactly have ammo just laying around for no reason.

> 2535455681930574;6:
> > 2533274939018653;4:
> > Yeah. I find myself ditching the starting weapons somewhere in the levels once they run dry. It’s a shame, considering how much I love my DMR and Assault Rifle. I’d rather use them over the Forerunner weapons but what can you do?
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > > 2535455681930574;2:
> > > That is a major complaint of mine about the campaign as well. You run out of ammo so fast and you rarely get another UNSC weapon. I also hated the lack of marines. Here’s to hoping we get an amazing halo 6 campaign.
> >
> > Yeah, the Miners were the closest thing we had to Marines… :frowning:
> >
> > Not sure about you but I STILL hate how the new armour for marines look. I miss the old green armour they use to wear D:
>
> Some of the miners looked cool, but I love the Halo 2A marines the best.

Ill often direct the other spartans to pick up another weapon along the way that way you at least get more ammo and the DMR etc but yeah would be nice at least to start with more especially when your playing legendary you barely get one kill till you have to ditch

But OP.

DON’T YOU JUST L O V E AND WANT TO U S E ALL THE TASTY NEW P R O M E T H E A N GUNS 3 4 3 i MADE!?
DONT
YOU
JUST
LOVE
THEM

Uhhh wasn’t some levels in Halo 4 like this, namely the third and last level lol.

Agreed OP. I also like how in Halo 2 there was just rocket or sniper ammo hidden around. Of course that tooke place on Earth, but just finding those large rocket packs was cool. They made them forge objects in H2A. Wish that would come back.

> 2533274816788253;9:
> Well to be fair where are you going to get your ammo in H5 seeing how they take place where the unsc isn’t allowed or where not at? In past campaigns you pick up extra ammo off dead unsc, hard to do that in H5. Can’t exactly have ammo just laying around for no reason.

Totally agree with this. Some locations in the campaign you shouldn’t expect to find UNSC weapons and ammo. Sanghelios- the Covenant and Swords of Sanghelios have their own gear. On the first mission, only Covenant and Prometheans arr inhabiting the area.

Cause there’s just gonna be huge crates of BRs and ARs scatter everywhere on an exotic forunner planet.

> 2533274816788253;9:
> Well to be fair where are you going to get your ammo in H5 seeing how they take place where the unsc isn’t allowed or where not at? In past campaigns you pick up extra ammo off dead unsc, hard to do that in H5. Can’t exactly have ammo just laying around for no reason.

This made me think why the UNSC couldn’t drop weapon pods for a resupply or something. I guess the pods would be evidence of the UNSC in areas they aren’t suppose to be but some missions the UNSC are allowed like Sanghelios, right?

With that being said, I’m fine using covenant or prometheans weapons. To new players some of these weapons may seem intimidating. Ie lightrifle

Just one of the many problems I have with the Halo 5 campaign.