UNSC Aircraft/airstrikes in halo 5 multiplayer

Hey ladies and other Spartans, this is my first forum post so if this topic has been shared already my bad if not I was wondering what people thoughts were on this. So today’s canonfodder saw grim saying that UNSC aircraft WILL be making a return to multiplayer although not when, while I am excited to hear that I was a bit torn as to which one I would like to see in Halo 5.
My first choice is the Sparrowhaw/ updated variant, the apache/harrier hybrid from halo wars due to its impressive firepower and general menacing appearance. Also it would be great to see a dedicated UNSC strike aircraft. Second would be the venerable Hornet/ updated variant. I am sure we all have fond memories from campaign and multiplayer of this craft and its ability to carry two Spartans straight into the fight and then act as on tap air support would be awesome. Also its nippy enough to get in low and in small spaces to be a complete bain if used to ambush enemies. Lastly would be the Falcon or flying Warthog. Also a fan favourite it would bring a few more Spartans into the fight and be more of a support aircraft as opposed to the Sparrowhawk or Hornet which are comparable to the banshee and phaton. All three should come in various forms with the usual tougher armour and lil perks, e.g. an ONI falcon comes with grenade launchers on the sides or ODST hornet with fast firing miniguns and unguided rockets or a Spartan killer style Sparrowhawk with heavy cannons with HEAP and powerful missiles just to pitch a few ideas.
Last question concerns the target designator from halo reach and 4 campaign. Reintroduce it as a level 7-9 warzone weapon, with each tier meaning a different strike . Eg Level 7 would be a broadsword/longsword attack run, level 8 a volly of mini Macs from an Autumn class and level 9 a plasma barrage from a Covenant CCS. Balancing them by making them ultra rare to legendary.
I would enjoy to know if anyone agrees and also what class of UNSC aircraft and variants they would like to see and strike types.
Cheers Spartans.

Lvl 9 pelican airstrike

Target locator bb <3

I rather not have air strikes (seems random and cheap) unless if its a havoc nuke or a MAC round, which either way both teams will be destroyed so for gameplay even that wouldn’t work.

Please god no.

Not a game killer Nalla78 but more of a rapid from of area denial to either stall an attack or uproot dug in defenders. War zone does offer multiple ways to get to a target so not much need to worry about a team choking people in one spot. Also strikes could be limited to 1 maybe 2 shots given the tier of the attack.

tl;dr
Way too long and no paragraphs
Gonna guess what it’s on about.
Air strikes? No no no. Not a good idea.
Target locator style strike…they were way too powerful for matchmaking; glad they were never a thing.
Aircraft?
I’m all up for a hornet.
I originally thought falcons would be awesome.
Then thought “ONI falcon”…and shivered.
Most OP thing ever…two explosive cannons.

Halo 6: Modern Black Ops Warfare Evolved

> 2533274909139271;4:
> I rather not have air strikes (seems random and cheap) unless if its a havoc nuke or a MAC round, which either way both teams will be destroyed so for gameplay even that wouldn’t work.

Agreed. Air strikes do not belong in Halo.

Aerial vehicles with impressive firepower, yes, but a AOE with total obliteration and no chance to fight back, no.

Ok maybe not the side grenade launchers. How about the version from the level new Alexandria with the chin mounted gun which fired in bursts and had side machine guns

> 2533274943975523;10:
> Ok maybe not the side grenade launchers. How about the version from the level new Alexandria with the chin mounted gun which fired in bursts and had side machine guns

That gun under the pilot is powerful, even more than your side machine guns, only a Scorpion, a Gauss turret or the AA Shade could launch a counter attack properly, anything that can destroy the Falcon quickly.

> 2533274964556797;11:
> > 2533274943975523;10:
> > Ok maybe not the side grenade launchers. How about the version from the level new Alexandria with the chin mounted gun which fired in bursts and had side machine guns
>
>
> That gun under the pilot is powerful, even more than your side machine guns, only a Scorpion, a Gauss turret or the AA Shade could launch a counter attack properly, anything that can destroy the Falcon quickly.

Fair point, however you could say the same when your caught in the open by a banshee ultra. The chin gun can have the same punch as the ONI 'hog’s gun if it wasn’t burst or slightly more powerful just in burst and the recoil throws your aim off.
As for a counter the level any UNSC aircraft would be available would also mean rocket, gauss, oni hogs and scorpions as well as various hand held power weapons would be available. Spartan lasers are only level 5. So it wouldn’t be too OP.

> 2533274905097737;3:
> Target locator bb <3

That would be amazing.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

THIS IS NOT COD
YOU NEED TO LEAVE NOW

> 2533274837711938;14:
> THIS IS NOT COD
>
> YOU NEED TO LEAVE NOW

Halo 5 has build in abilities, weapon attachments and variants and different types of vehicles. It isn’t COD as it actually has a story and memorable characters but the differences stop there. Just saying

> 2533274843498392;9:
> > 2533274909139271;4:
> > I rather not have air strikes (seems random and cheap) unless if its a havoc nuke or a MAC round, which either way both teams will be destroyed so for gameplay even that wouldn’t work.
>
>
> Agreed. Air strikes do not belong in Halo.
>
> Aerial vehicles with impressive firepower, yes, but a AOE with total obliteration and no chance to fight back, no.

Not necessarily. As I said before it can be used to break up an assault or defence. E.g. if a team has pushed the opponents to their core but just sits at the entrance farming kills an air strike can be used to force them to relocate thus allowing a breakout, similarly it can be used to keep an enemy back pedalling by stalling a counter attack
The strength can be varied as well. A level 7 kills anyone on foot and standard vehicles/ badly damages all but top tier vehicles. Level 8 more damage incurred and 9 is total. The strike can be localized and the receivers can get an audible warning in their hud. Again by limiting it to a one shot weapon and increasing its rarity will balance it out

Maybe they could add the target located to warzone as a mythic/ legendary req. I would not mind that;but no weapons like that in arena. That would be chaos.

> 2533274937316582;17:
> Maybe they could add the target located to warzone as a mythic/ legendary req. I would not mind that;but no weapons like that in arena. That would be chaos.

I agree the having it at that level makes it a mini ‘event’ when you get one as well as a bit of epic visuals when it is used but only used in an even of extreme. Also this is war zone only suggestions not for arena.

A Sparrowhaw would be a op but fun vehicle

If I spend a high level Req and immediately get killed by an unavoidable airstrike, I am going to be a very angry player.