UNSC AI Roland

I honestly find him amusing, and a bit funny. Even though he is in only Sp Ops and not in the Campaign (which would probably be funny to have Cortana and him have an argument.)

Your thoughts on Roland?

I quite like his useless input. But, when I saw him dressed as a WWII era fighter pilot, I was REALLY hoping for an old english accent saying “Chocks away, tally ho chaps!!”

BB for Halo 5 AI!

i like him

I personally think he’s a bit of an -Yoink-, although the “Go Spartans I command it” line did make me chuckle.

i like him, i dont like his look, very outdated, doesnt look good at all

> “Woooow, that’s a lot of dropships!”
>
> “Is THAT what I sound like?!”

Made me laugh pretty hard. Canonically, Roland seems pretty squirrelly for a UNSC AI, especially considering he’s the head AI of humanity’s flagship, but he makes the in-game narrative of Spartan Ops a lot less dull and I can’t recall him ever saying the word “eggheads” (shudder), so he’s alright in my book.

That being said, if he’s this… “colorful” normally, (“I’m bored,” “DO IT CRIMSON, I COMMAND YOU! (laughter),” I’d hate to think about what a rampant Roland would be like, haha.

> > “Woooow, that’s a lot of dropships!”
> >
> > “Is THAT what I sound like?!”
>
> Made me laugh pretty hard. Canonically, Roland seems pretty squirrelly for a UNSC AI, especially considering he’s the head AI of humanity’s flagship, but he makes the in-game narrative of Spartan Ops a lot less dull and I can’t recall him ever saying the word “eggheads” (shudder), so he’s alright in my book.
>
> That being said, if he’s this… “colorful” normally, (“I’m bored,” “DO IT CRIMSON, I COMMAND YOU! (laughter),” I’d hate to think about what a rampant Roland would be like, haha.

exactly my thoughts!
I personally love roland, he would be the star or SPOPS if i had my way.

> > “Woooow, that’s a lot of dropships!”
> >
> > “Is THAT what I sound like?!”
>
> Made me laugh pretty hard. Canonically, Roland seems pretty squirrelly for a UNSC AI, especially considering he’s the head AI of humanity’s flagship, but he makes the in-game narrative of Spartan Ops a lot less dull and I can’t recall him ever saying the word “eggheads” (shudder), so he’s alright in my book.
>
> That being said, if he’s this… “colorful” normally, (“I’m bored,” “DO IT CRIMSON, I COMMAND YOU! (laughter),” I’d hate to think about what a rampant Roland would be like, haha.

I think roland does’nt have enough to do on Infinity, so thats why he acts ‘odd’. Or maybe he’s just crazy. I think that maybe it’s a little of both, honestly.
Either way, I think he’s really the only character in SOPS that I like.

I just wonder whose brain he was extracted from O.o

> I just wonder whose brain he was extracted from O.o

Wheatley? :D!

Oh wait…

Gives the game comic relief since that has faded away from the Halo series. Grunts are no longer amusing. Johnson is dead, so there’s about a good third of the comedy in Halo. Halo is getting too serious, and I mean, that okay… but something has to balance that out.

Doesn’t he come out on a scene in the campaign? If he does I think it’s only a glimpse of him and he has no dialog

> MyNameIsRecon
> Gives the game comic relief since that has faded away from the Halo series. Grunts are no longer amusing. Johnson is dead, so there’s about a good third of the comedy in Halo. Halo is getting too serious, and I mean, that okay… but something has to balance that out.

Sgt. Stacker might fill in a similar role in the new trilogy. He showed up at the end of Reclaimer, so it’s possible. Personally, I’d like to see Sgt. “Did I give you permission to b!%#h” Banks from Halo 2 return.

Out of all the people who talk to you during Spartan Ops, Roland is my Favorite, Especially when he first starts with saying he is bored.

I like him but i think he may be heading towards rampancy…

I just find it very weird that his character changes so quickly… Towards the beginning of SpOps, he seems to be a normal AI who does his duty. Now hes interfering with protocol, making commands, making smart -Yoink- remarks (they’re funny, but I’m not sure a regular AI not based off of human tissue, like Cortana, should have such a talkative personality) and is very emotionally unstable (bored very quickly).

That is all speculation though. I’m probably wrong since I have done little research on Halo AIs aside from Cortana.