Unreasonable Credit Ban.

My service tag was 4SKN, the very same tag that I’ve been using since the beginning of Halo Reach. I got a random warning yesterday at the start of a game saying that my tag was not allowed, halfway through the game I get an on-screen message saying that my account was temporarily banned from earning credits. If my tag wasn’t allowed, then why was I able to have it for three entire days?

idk theres been some really stupid -Yoink- going on in halo 4 343 has some work to do

What’s wrong with demanding the br get a 4 Shot Kill Now?!

> My service tag was 4SKN, the very same tag that I’ve been using since the beginning of Halo Reach. I got a random warning yesterday at the start of a game saying that my tag was not allowed, halfway through the game I get an on-screen message saying that my account was temporarily banned from earning credits. If my tag wasn’t allowed, then why was I able to have it for three entire days?

BAHAHA! 4SKN, thats good.

It doesnt matter if you had it in Reach. First off, its still inappropriate. Just because you were allowed to have it in that game doesnt make it any less appropriate in this game. Second, this game is under the direction of a completely different company now and that means you have to go by THEIR rules.

honestly, since its an “M” rated game, you should be able to make it whatever the -Yoink- you want

People are too sensitive. As long as you aren’t using anything that is obviously an expletive, then there’s no reason to unallow it in an M rated game.

If parents don’t care about their children playing an M rated game, it’s their responsibility to explain that adults use certain words that they shouldn’t for humour. I mean honestly, who is offended by the word -Yoink!-?

> honestly, since its an “M” rated game, you should be able to make it whatever the -Yoink!- you want

I feel like Halo keeps feeling less and less “M” rated…

It doesnt matter if it is rated “M” or not. The ESRB rating is only there to prohibit the sale of the game to minors. That is all. The online interaction of XBL is NOT by any means rated by the ESRB which means anyone of any age can get online and play. All the ESRB does is prohibit minors from getting the game themselves, it does not prohibit them from playing it.

> honestly, since its an “M” rated game, you should be able to make it whatever the -Yoink!- you want

The “M” rating doesn’t really mean anything, all it does is restrict people under the age of 17+ to purchase the game. Meaning there is a lot of kids who play this game. I am pretty sure 343i has taken note of this and has rules in place for this reason.

> My service tag was 4SKN, the very same tag that I’ve been using since the beginning of Halo Reach. I got a random warning yesterday at the start of a game saying that my tag was not allowed, halfway through the game I get an on-screen message saying that my account was temporarily banned from earning credits. If my tag wasn’t allowed, then why was I able to have it for three entire days?

Omg. I played CTF with you yesterday, on Solace.

> It doesnt matter if it is rated “M” or not. The ESRB rating is only there to prohibit the sale of the game to minors. That is all. The online interaction of XBL is NOT by any means rated by the ESRB which means anyone of any age can get online and play. All the ESRB does is prohibit minors from getting the game themselves, it does not prohibit them from playing it.

Would be a good point, if it weren’t for the fact that XBL interactions have no rating and are always explained as ‘Parental guidance recommended’.

That means that if a child is playing, there’s every chance they’ll see or hear something they aren’t supposed to, which is once again up to the parents to explain or monitor, not the game developers.

It isn’t much of an issue for me, but I do think there are times when people are being too sensitive.

> People are too sensitive. I mean honestly, who is offended by the word -Yoink!-?

Uncircumsized people…

The main problem I have with it is that I was allowed the tag for nearly three days. If I shouldn’t have it, why allow it then?

> Would be a good point, if it weren’t for the fact that XBL interactions have no rating and are always explained as ‘Parental guidance recommended’.
>
> That means that if a child is playing, there’s every chance they’ll see or hear something they aren’t supposed to, which is once again up to the parents to explain or monitor, not the game developers.
>
> It isn’t much of an issue for me, but I do think there are times when people are being too sensitive.

I know that. That is what I was saying. There is no rating for online interactions BUT it is still monitored by Microsoft and 343i. And since Microsoft has updated its policies and 343i is now in control, that means the enforcement is tighter and people have to play by the new companies rules.

Just because people think others are being too sensitive doesnt make it any more appropriate. And it doesnt matter what the OP says the tag means, it is what everyone’s interpretation of it is.

Personally, I dont care. But I am the kind of person that goes by the rules and the principle of it. And if the rules say not to do something, then dont do it. You have no right to complain about something that you blatantly ignored just because you thought it would be funny.

Also, has anyone else reached the total online credit limit for one day? I would be damn close to level 50 by now if it wasn’t for all this crap.

That’s just not what the M rating means, for a start it stands for mature.

4SKN isn’t mature at all.

> > honestly, since its an “M” rated game, you should be able to make it whatever the -Yoink!- you want
>
> That’s just not what the M rating means, for a start it stands for mature.
>
> 4SKN isn’t mature at all.

It should be mature for me, I’m going to be 20 in a little over a week and I was circumcised twice. If anyone should have it, it would be me.

that’s messed up 4SKN isn’t even inappropriate. -Yoink!- is a completely unoffensive word to all but the most prudish of people. if you find that offensive you would also find words like navel, butt, and breastplate to be offensive. Where do we draw the line on things like this. it is the proper name for something not slang. In a world view is far less offensive than words like kill, assault, and assassinate which are normal parts of the halo lexicon.

4SKN could also be “Forsaken.” Get your damn heads out of the gutter, guys.