Unpopular Opinion:

I think Fissures is actually a great map.

Easily it’s climbing to be one of my top favourite to play maps only out-shined by Rift.

This is in stark contrast to how I initially felt both Mirage and fissures were nearly as poorly designed as highway.

Well what changed my mind?

I think is how close quarters the combat is, there is a lot of ways you have to be aggressive in the game to take control. There are only two mini’s, each providing locations that provide power although the middle location is more risky to take.
So there is a lot of constant skirmishes and heavy pushes that take place, nodes and mini-bases are constantly under threat. The bottom is more easy to be sniped but provides increased rushing capability while the higher gives less energy but is a safer location to protect.

Games just feel dynamic on the map, Mirage while my thoughts on it have improved since it’s released I still fill it’s kind of a middling average map. One I don’t mind playing on but not one I actively enjoy.

One problem with the map is that I feel that it is completely banished favoured, there is really no way to compete for the middle location at the start of the game while grunts>marines and banished scouts are really efficient.

> 2533274845021192;1:
> One problem with the map is that I feel that it is completely banished favoured, there is really no way to compete for the middle location at the start of the game while grunts>marines and banished scouts are really efficient.

While true overall, I have enjoyed some success with Jerome and Victory Mines early game… can swing the battle for the middle resources and double mini base in your favor.

1v1? sure. 3v3?..better hope you aren’t in the isolated base. That happened to me today, and I got hit hard and almost knocked out with a combined rush at 5;00 or so.