Unpopular opinion: Prometheans were better in 4.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post comments that are discriminatory in nature.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

I’ll go through every Promethean enemy and compare then to their Halo 4 counterparts.
Crawlers- These things are -Yoink- in Halo 5. I honestly don’t know how anyone could disagree. In Halo 4 they actually crawled around on walls, now they just run around in 20 fps and die. That’s it. Plus their AI is terrible. I’ve seen numerous cases when crawlers have just stood there while I shot them.
Watchers- I get why people like them more in 5. Being able to revive dead knights was annoying, but I’d actually argue that they are even worse in 5. If you’ve played WZFF you’ll know what I’m talking about. The fact that they can fully heal bosses in like 2 seconds is retarded. I honestly don’t know why anyone thought this was a good idea. Outside of WZFF, Watchers are just kinda there. They aren’t really a significant threat anymore, they’re just annoying. Come to think of it, that sums up my feeling of the Prometheans perfectly. Annoying.
Knights- Yes, I liked these things better in 4 as well. Again, I can defiantly see why people like them more in Halo 5, but I’ll explain why I disagree. Knights defiantly needed a major rework from 4, that much is agree with, but I don’t think this was the way to do it. Knights are total damage sponges in WZFF. They can take 4-5 tank shots before they die. 4-5 shots from a -Yoinking!- tank? No thanks. Same thing can be said about hunters, but they don’t spawn in groups of 10, and can’t jump 20,000 ft in the air.
Soldiers- -Yoink- ME do I hate these damn things. I actually like their design, but hate them from a gameplay standpoint. I shouldn’t empty two SMG mags into your face only to be killed by 2 suppressor shots. Plus their teleportation is total bs. I don’t think I need to say anything more. Almost everyone I’ve talked to hates these things.
Warden Eternal- Again, I like the design and his voice. I really only dislike the Warden because of how many times he was recycled in the campaign and how he can stunlock your vehicles in WZFF.

Knights should never have had shields if they could slowly teleport also.

I much prefer the ones with weak points so that you don’t have to use an unreliable headshot area after 3 teleports.

I don’t understand the thing, that the Soldiers don’t take damage while their armour breaks. You have to wait, until you can give the final headshot… weird.

> 2535444775797565;3:
> I don’t understand the thing, that the Soldiers don’t take damage while their armour breaks. You have to wait, until you can give the final headshot… weird.

I think they wanted it to be similar but not the same to removing helmets from Brutes or reach Grunt ultras.

I would agree with your argument if it wasn’t for the fact that you’re comparing the prometheans to their Warzone counterparts. Play the campaign and study them there, they’re not as bullet spongy as you think are.
The only think I dislike about the H5 prometheans is that they’re not as tactical as the H4 ones and they just warp around like crazy.

You are not alone, I much preferred the Prometheans in Halo 4. They had there issues, but the changes to them in Halo 5 don’t solve any of there issues while often making some of them worse.

The biggest problem I had with them didn’t even have anything to do with the enemies themselves. It was the fact that the player could carry so little ammo compared to past games it was like playing with Famine-lite and the ammo issues got even worse in Halo 5 while spamming more enemies like the Soldier which crank the teleporting up to eleven.

The original 3 enemies hardly use any of the abilities that made them unique and the Soldiers are both dull and take the most annoying part of H4 Knights(the teleporting) and crank it up to 11.

> 2533274937850102;1:
> I’ll go through every Promethean enemy and compare then to their Halo 4 counterparts.
> Crawlers- These things are -Yoink- in Halo 5. I honestly don’t know how anyone could disagree. In Halo 4 they actually crawled around on walls, now they just run around in 20 fps and die. That’s it. Plus their AI is terrible. I’ve seen numerous cases when crawlers have just stood there while I shot them.
> Watchers- I get why people like them more in 5. Being able to revive dead knights was annoying, but I’d actually argue that they are even worse in 5. If you’ve played WZFF you’ll know what I’m talking about. The fact that they can fully heal bosses in like 2 seconds is retarded. I honestly don’t know why anyone thought this was a good idea. Outside of WZFF, Watchers are just kinda there. They aren’t really a significant threat anymore, they’re just annoying. Come to think of it, that sums up my feeling of the Prometheans perfectly. Annoying.
> Knights- Yes, I liked these things better in 4 as well. Again, I can defiantly see why people like them more in Halo 5, but I’ll explain why I disagree. Knights defiantly needed a major rework from 4, that much is agree with, but I don’t think this was the way to do it. Knights are total damage sponges in WZFF. They can take 4-5 tank shots before they die. 4-5 shots from a -Yoinking!- tank? No thanks. Same thing can be said about hunters, but they don’t spawn in groups of 10, and can’t jump 20,000 ft in the air.
> Soldiers- -Yoink- ME do I hate these damn things. I actually like their design, but hate them from a gameplay standpoint. I shouldn’t empty two SMG mags into your face only to be killed by 2 suppressor shots. Plus their teleportation is total bs. I don’t think I need to say anything more. Almost everyone I’ve talked to hates these things.
> Warden Eternal- Again, I like the design and his voice. I really only dislike the Warden because of how many times he was recycled in the campaign and how he can stunlock your vehicles in WZFF.

I agree

I liked seeing the crawlers walk up walls, even when the binary rifle equipped ones did that (Seems they don’t carry those in H5 now)

The only thing I like about the Soldier’s teleporting is the fact you can see where they’re going now. It’s still annoying either way though.

I like the crawler better in Halo 4, but the Knight is perfect in Halo 5, IMO.
Watchers still the same for me, and soldiers are just present in Halo 5, I like the teleport they do, but I think it could be less bullet sponge.

> 2533274937850102;1:
> I’ll go through every Promethean enemy and compare then to their Halo 4 counterparts.
> Crawlers- These things are -Yoink- in Halo 5. I honestly don’t know how anyone could disagree. In Halo 4 they actually crawled around on walls, now they just run around in 20 fps and die. That’s it. Plus their AI is terrible. I’ve seen numerous cases when crawlers have just stood there while I shot them.
> Watchers- I get why people like them more in 5. Being able to revive dead knights was annoying, but I’d actually argue that they are even worse in 5. If you’ve played WZFF you’ll know what I’m talking about. The fact that they can fully heal bosses in like 2 seconds is retarded. I honestly don’t know why anyone thought this was a good idea. Outside of WZFF, Watchers are just kinda there. They aren’t really a significant threat anymore, they’re just annoying. Come to think of it, that sums up my feeling of the Prometheans perfectly. Annoying.
> Knights- Yes, I liked these things better in 4 as well. Again, I can defiantly see why people like them more in Halo 5, but I’ll explain why I disagree. Knights defiantly needed a major rework from 4, that much is agree with, but I don’t think this was the way to do it. Knights are total damage sponges in WZFF. They can take 4-5 tank shots before they die. 4-5 shots from a -Yoinking!- tank? No thanks. Same thing can be said about hunters, but they don’t spawn in groups of 10, and can’t jump 20,000 ft in the air.
> Soldiers- -Yoink- ME do I hate these damn things. I actually like their design, but hate them from a gameplay standpoint. I shouldn’t empty two SMG mags into your face only to be killed by 2 suppressor shots. Plus their teleportation is total bs. I don’t think I need to say anything more. Almost everyone I’ve talked to hates these things.
> Warden Eternal- Again, I like the design and his voice. I really only dislike the Warden because of how many times he was recycled in the campaign and how he can stunlock your vehicles in WZFF.

I agree i liked the prometheans more in Halo 4, but the Soldiers were a neat addition.

> 2535464794843418;5:
> I would agree with your argument if it wasn’t for the fact that you’re comparing the prometheans to their Warzone counterparts. Play the campaign and study them there, they’re not as bullet spongy as you think are.
> The only think I dislike about the H5 prometheans is that they’re not as tactical as the H4 ones and they just warp around like crazy.

My thoughts exactly, I miss the tactical A.I that would seem to talk to each other, make a startagy, and absolutely destroy you (at least on legendary lol)

> 2533274937850102;1:
> I’ll go through every Promethean enemy and compare then to their Halo 4 counterparts.
>
> Crawlers- These things are -Yoink- in Halo 5. I honestly don’t know how anyone could disagree. In Halo 4 they actually crawled around on walls, now they just run around in 20 fps and die. That’s it. Plus their AI is terrible. I’ve seen numerous cases when crawlers have just stood there while I shot them.
>
> Watchers- I get why people like them more in 5. Being able to revive dead knights was annoying, but I’d actually argue that they are even worse in 5. If you’ve played WZFF you’ll know what I’m talking about. The fact that they can fully heal bosses in like 2 seconds is retarded. I honestly don’t know why anyone thought this was a good idea. Outside of WZFF, Watchers are just kinda there. They aren’t really a significant threat anymore, they’re just annoying. Come to think of it, that sums up my feeling of the Prometheans perfectly. Annoying.
>
> Knights- Yes, I liked these things better in 4 as well. Again, I can defiantly see why people like them more in Halo 5, but I’ll explain why I disagree. Knights defiantly needed a major rework from 4, that much is agree with, but I don’t think this was the way to do it. Knights are total damage sponges in WZFF. They can take 4-5 tank shots before they die. 4-5 shots from a -Yoinking!- tank? No thanks. Same thing can be said about hunters, but they don’t spawn in groups of 10, and can’t jump 20,000 ft in the air.
>
> Soldiers- -Yoink- ME do I hate these damn things. I actually like their design, but hate them from a gameplay standpoint. I shouldn’t empty two SMG mags into your face only to be killed by 2 suppressor shots. Plus their teleportation is total bs. I don’t think I need to say anything more. Almost everyone I’ve talked to hates these things.
>
> Warden Eternal- Again, I like the design and his voice. I really only dislike the Warden because of how many times he was recycled in the campaign and how he can stunlock your vehicles in WZFF.

Prometheans suck, period.

Crawler were way better in halo 4

Prometheans are bad either way. Bad art direction, sound direction, teleportation, and clone guns (clones of Beam Rifle, shotgun, Rocket Launcher, Battle Rifle, SMG).

> 2535464794843418;5:
> I would agree with your argument if it wasn’t for the fact that you’re comparing the prometheans to their Warzone counterparts**. Play the campaign and study them there**, they’re not as bullet spongy as you think are.
> The only think I dislike about the H5 prometheans is that they’re not as tactical as the H4 ones and they just warp around like crazy.

Here’s the thing though, I only played the campaign once, and don’t have any interest in playing it again. I play WZFF much more often, so that game mode is how I view Prometheans.

You’re comparing them solely through Firefight, where every enemy is steroided up.

Grunts have shields that are as strong as Elites, yet are worth less points.

Elites have impeccable aim with Plasma Casters.

Knights are not nearly as bad on the Campaign, even on Legendary. In Halo 4, they had shields, they can teleport, they can teleport charge, they can create watchers to shield and revive them, and some had Promethean Vision to find you anyway. They had way too many benefits.

All of them have swords that one shot you, and many had Incineration Cannons. You couldn’t fight them from close range or long range.

I’ll say that most of them were better in Halo 4. I prefer the Knights from Halo 5. 4 had better Crawlers. Except for the Snipes. -Yoink- those little -Yoinks!-.

> 2533274833081329;17:
> You’re comparing them solely through Firefight, where every enemy is steroided up.
>
> Grunts have shields that are as strong as Elites, yet are worth less points.
>
> Elites have impeccable aim with Plasma Casters.
>
> Knights are not nearly as bad on the Campaign, even on Legendary. In Halo 4, they had shields, they can teleport, they can teleport charge, they can create watchers to shield and revive them, and some had Promethean Vision to find you anyway. They had way too many benefits.
>
> All of them have swords that one shot you, and many had Incineration Cannons. You couldn’t fight them from close range or long range.

A fair point. Comparing the enemies with respect to only the campaign, then Halo 5’s Prometheans are vastly superior.

> 2533274849581252;2:
> Knights should never have had shields if they could slowly teleport also.

My prefered fix is to make them extremely vulnerable while teleporting rather than invincible. It creates a skill window and makes it more of a tactical positioning tool rather than a flee tool.

Also then if the knight manages to flee and shield up, its the player’s fault and not an annoying game mechanic. Makes sense too given the slow teleport, parts of it are literally exposed and knocking parts out of place during the teleport is sure to cause complications during re-assembly.