*Unofficial* Halo 4 Introduces Flood in Infection Game Types and Firefight!

What is it that people always expect out of a sequel of a game, and it’s pretty obvious. NEW FEATURES! These features can vary from big to small changes, but always adding that same “awesome” feeling you get, no matter if it’s big or small. Forge and theater mode were really big changes in Halo 3 that everyone loved, and Halo Reach included Assassinations, which was a small feature to the game, but added that extra “umph” into the game.

So where am I getting at? I thought I would like to share what little things I would like to see in Halo 4! First off, Flood in Infection Game Types. Ever since Halo 3, the only difference between the non infected and the infected was a difference in color, from black, to olive green, and sometimes bright, annoying pink… But what if instead of a difference in color, it was a difference in specie?! The infected are played as a flood form, either elite or human infected form, and going around trying to infect other players! Just like assassinations in Halo Reach, this kind of feature isn’t necessary, but I think it would be awesome, and add to the visual intensity!

And what about flood in firefight? Fighting the Covenant was always cool and all, but can you imagine fighting off the flood? Instead of just A.I.s just shooting at you, imagine the Covenant being replaced by flood, then you will have to face people shooting at you, jumping high through the air, rushing at you much faster than you would expect, and the whole experience would be much more intense!

So Halo community, what do you guys think of my ideas?

I’d love it. We could pick what Flood form we want as we do now with Elites (I’m all for customization, but we don’t need to customize our Flood…). This has been wanted since Infection made it’s (official) appearance in Halo 3, so why not put it in?

I think they should do that. I hope Halo 4 is actually MORE FUN than Halo 3, something Reach sadly failed to do for me :frowning:

oh, and about the flood in Infection, if your playing as a combat form (what you spawn as) you would infect a player by going up near them and it would prompt you saying “Press X to infect” and if you did that your character would start putting his “whiskers” (or whatever you call those feathery type things) on the spartans face and infect them. this makes the player that just got killed infected, but it also makes you (the person who did “X to infect”) become a Tank form, or just some cool form! how about ranged if you find a spiker, or a stalker if you find active camo! (you would be able to climb on walls!)

I want a invasion gametype for the flood. You start as basic infection and combat forums and as the game countinues. Each new round gets you a new forum. That you can choose.

So like L4D2 then

> I want a invasion gametype for the flood. You start as basic infection and combat forums and as the game countinues. Each new round gets you a new forum. That you can choose.

That’s actually not a bad idea, as long as it stays as a different gametype. We could have the normal infection as it plays now, fast paced with hopefully not too much camping. Then we could have a gametype that could be similar to Gears of War 3’s beast mode, where people on the flood team start as lowly infection forms and work their way up.

“My ideas”. Yes a collective of different ideas combined into a post and call them yours. :slight_smile:

But yes, expect a Flood Fireifght for Halo 4.

I totally thought they would include this in Halo 3…and then I was sure they would in Reach.

I don’t see why we can’t be flood! It would be awesome!

> I want a invasion gametype for the flood. You start as basic infection and combat forums and as the game countinues. Each new round gets you a new forum. That you can choose.

So Beast Mode in Halo then?

> > I want a invasion gametype for the flood. You start as basic infection and combat forums and as the game countinues. Each new round gets you a new forum. That you can choose.
>
> So Beast Mode in Halo then?

Yah