Unofficial Halo 4 Graphic's Review

Instead of cluttering the forums with Multiple Threads about one or the same subject(s).

Let’s just have one Designated Place where you can give your Two Sense on the Graphics/Aesthetics and other visual’s of the game.

So… What do you think?

I think that they are as Great as a Seven year-old piece of hardware can handle. But there is A little Polish that could still be applied to some areas in the game. And I have no doubt that the good folks at 343i, have either already fix’d it, or are at least going to, in the months ahead.

(Oh and for those who don’t know how much a difference a Little polish can do… Or how big a leap it is from Pre-release to retail…)

Halo 3 Beta Build to Final Build

Here’s some Comparison shot’s from Halo Reach.

Overall Halo Reach Graphics. (How do Reach’s Graphics Suck?)

Halo 4 Pre Beta Build

Halo Anniversary

Graphics TestAnd this is what Halo would/could look like in the CryEngine 3 (Used in Crysis 2/3):

Halo 5?

Halo 5 (Ship in Emergency Lockdown) My Version

:slight_smile:

Dat Lighting

> Instead of cluttering the forums with Multiple Threads about one or the same subject(s .

So noble of you, but unfortunately people STILL open hundreds of threads and this gets buried but let’s try to keep this alive :slight_smile:

Well I love Halo 4 graphics! They are brilliant! For what I have seen of campaign, I think Halo 4 is the best looking FPS on consoles! It beats Killzone and Crysis and maybe even Gears of War. (it’s not fps, I know) Halo 4 really shows what X360 is cabable of. Multiplayer graphics looks really good, but they aren’t improved so significally as campaign’s but they are improvement over Reach.

I just hope that game has as much sand box elements as they have always had (E3 demo was fully scripted pipe) Something like mixing CE’s and Halo 3 map design and I would be sold.

EDIT: wohoo, 100th post

The art direction is so far looking to be superb.

LOOKS AMAZING

Only thing im worried about is the forge world(s), their pallets, and gernades. Ive always hated when a gernade would bounce back at me cuz there was a railing thats too small to even see.

I think they look great. I’m glad they improved the lighting and the textures. They made it really marvelous, indeed.

Halo 4’s graphics look like enhanced Halo 3 graphics, which makes me happy.

In a word, fresh and amazing. Oh wait, that’s two…

The graphics of Halo 4 are magnificent!

The graphics of Halo 4 are impressive… for a current generation game. In terms of graphics in general, they are plain bad compared what we should be playing these days. But that is in no way the fault of the engineering team but the technology that built on the huge 90 nm node size.

Anyhow, as I said, the graphics are good for a game that could’ve been made on 2005 hardware, especially considering we had nothing even remotely similar at that time. The lightning is what I find the best part. However, I can see that all coming with a sacrifice. I have already seen low resolution textures littering the game which, of course, is a by product of our limited RAM capacity. Their AA solution, the FXAA, is rather nice. However, on Haven (previously Wraparound), the art design and the lines of the map are producing some artifacts that at some points look absolutely horrible.

So, what I would say, they’re not something I would like and look actually rather bad by modern standards. However, they’re still impressive for the hardware they are made on, but I have no doubt at some parts they could’ve done better job, especially on Haven, to make the problems less visible. However, another thing I must commend them from is the foliage, the jungle truly looks like a jungle.

I think it’s fine, but I dont like the helmet vision from the campaign, i thought it was distracting watching the inside of the helmet.

Edit: Ooh, now I am a Recruit - Bronze! :slight_smile:

Art = Nice
Colours and amount of squares on the screen = Who actually cares? I’d rather have a company spend more time on fun than squares on a screen.

I love that they’ve removed the rusty look from spartans

Updated With Pic’s.

> LOOKS AMAZING
>
> Only thing im worried about is the forge world(s), their pallets, and gernades. Ive always hated when a gernade would bounce back at me cuz there was a railing thats too small to even see.

You got some of the pre-release and retail pics mixed up, my friend.

> You got some of the pre-release and retail pics mixed up, my friend.

Really? Which one’s?

And if they are, sorry about that haha… I’m functioning on only 2 hours of sleep in the past 56 hours… and it took a long time to research and find all the images and post them.

(^_^;)

All I can say is that Halo 4 looks -Yoink!-. Very -Yoink!-.

The visor around the HUD is all kinds of wonderful :smiley:

halo 4 already looks better than all of them so with a little more polish holy crap hell even if there wasnt any more polish it still looks amazing