unnerving feeling they killed Blue team

I hope I am so so so wrong and will lol about it come the launch and completion of the game.

But there is a uncomforting sense that the rest of Blue team is not with MC when he goes AWOL. No one is Saying Blue team, the most decorated Spartan team has gone Awol. The focus is all on MC though it may be for promotional means. but small slices of the story seem to give the impression he is on his own When you play as Osiris.

Halo: FoC animation, seem like the back story refresh before blue teams final bowing out!

Don’t panic! We’ve already got confirmation that Blue Team will be with the Chief when he goes AWOL (via a description of the first Blue Team level from Game Informer) and will stay with him for the rest of the game - the drop-in-drop-out co-op system wouldn’t work otherwise.

I’ve noticed they’ve been kind of tiptoeing around really talking about Blue Team in video interviews and marketing stuff so far too, but there’s still lots to be seen and heard before the game comes out. Also Blue Team’s side of the campaign is likely what drives most of the major events of the plot, so they probably are trying their best to avoid spoiling anything. I think for now they’re just keeping the focus on Chief so as not to confuse the general public, and give Osiris a bit of the spotlight because they are the true new characters here (well, aside from Buck anyway).

In fact I highly doubt they’d be going to the trouble of making an entire animated series dedicated to helping people catch up on Blue Team’s history together just to kill them off in their first in-game appearance at the same time - that’s pretty counterproductive.

Trust me when I say I was worried about Blue Team’s fate and future involvement in the story once too…and all that fuss absolutely blew up in my face. XD

I’m confident the team at 343i knows just how much these characters mean to fans and how important they are to continuing the Chief’s journey. I don’t think ‘Halo 5’ is going to be the end for them, not in the slightest.

I don’t know why they aren’t mentioned. Maybe it’s for simplicities sake, but Let’s not forget Halo 5’s emphasis on coop, which means that Blue Team has to be with him and can’t be killed until John links up with Osiris.

Ever since it was confirmed that they would appear in the game, I’ve felt like they were included in order for them to be killed off and previous treatment of II’s and III’s doesn’t exactly fill me with confidence in their survival chance. Supposedly Halo 5 is going to be emotional towards the end, which also doesn’t bode well for Blue Team.

> 2533274920039666;2:
> Don’t panic! We’ve already got confirmation that Blue Team will be with the Chief when he goes AWOL (via a description of the first Blue Team level from Game Informer) and will stay with him for the rest of the game - the drop-in-drop-out co-op system wouldn’t work otherwise.
>
> I’ve noticed they’ve been kind of tiptoeing around really talking about Blue Team in video interviews and marketing stuff so far too, but there’s still lots to be seen and heard before the game comes out. Also Blue Team’s side of the campaign is likely what drives most of the major events of the plot, so they probably are trying their best to avoid spoiling anything. I think for now they’re just keeping the focus on Chief so as not to confuse the general public, and give Osiris a bit of the spotlight because they are the true new characters here (well, aside from Buck anyway).
>
> In fact I highly doubt they’d be going to the trouble of making an entire animated series dedicated to helping people catch up on Blue Team’s history together just to kill them off in their first in-game appearance at the same time - that’s pretty counterproductive.
>
> Trust me when I say I was worried about Blue Team’s fate and future involvement in the story once too…and all that fuss absolutely blew up in my face. XD
>
> I’m confident the team at 343i knows just how much these characters mean to fans and how important they are to continuing the Chief’s journey. I don’t think ‘Halo 5’ is going to be the end for them, not in the slightest.

Mission 2: Blue team This is 8 months before the events of HTT when they still take orders and direction from the UNSC… Locke team apparently starts hunting him down mid game.

Black team, Cortana, Spirit of Fire and crew also ment a lot to the fans… remarkes made about josh Holmes crying because characters hes grown attached to die.
I hope I’m wrong and I’m just projecting the fears of the characters I love Dying.

> 2533274830366691;4:
> > 2533274920039666;2:
> > Don’t panic! We’ve already got confirmation that Blue Team will be with the Chief when he goes AWOL (via a description of the first Blue Team level from Game Informer) and will stay with him for the rest of the game - the drop-in-drop-out co-op system wouldn’t work otherwise.
> > I’ve noticed they’ve been kind of tiptoeing around really talking about Blue Team in video interviews and marketing stuff so far too, but there’s still lots to be seen and heard before the game comes out. Also Blue Team’s side of the campaign is likely what drives most of the major events of the plot, so they probably are trying their best to avoid spoiling anything. I think for now they’re just keeping the focus on Chief so as not to confuse the general public, and give Osiris a bit of the spotlight because they are the true new characters here (well, aside from Buck anyway).
> > In fact I highly doubt they’d be going to the trouble of making an entire animated series dedicated to helping people catch up on Blue Team’s history together just to kill them off in their first in-game appearance at the same time - that’s pretty counterproductive.
> > Trust me when I say I was worried about Blue Team’s fate and future involvement in the story once too…and all that fuss absolutely blew up in my face. XD
> > I’m confident the team at 343i knows just how much these characters mean to fans and how important they are to continuing the Chief’s journey. I don’t think ‘Halo 5’ is going to be the end for them, not in the slightest.
>
>
> Mission 2: Blue team This is 8 months before the events of HTT when they still take orders and direction from the UNSC… Locke team apparently starts hunting him down mid game.
> Black team, Cortana, Spirit of Fire and crew also ment a lot to the fans… remarkes made about josh Holmes crying because characters hes grown attached to die.
> I hope I’m wrong and I’m just projecting the fears of the characters I love Dying.

Actually mission 2 occurs 8 months after ‘Halo 4’, not the events of #HUNTtheTRUTH. The events of this mission are when the team goes AWOL, and Osiris is sent after them immediately afterwards - this is within the first 3 missions of the game.

Josh Holmes’ comments say nothing about anyone getting killed off. He just admits a part of the game made him emotional. The assumptions that this means characters will die were purely put forth by the author of the article only. Cortana was only killed off after getting a complete story arc and proper narrative closure, and we still have no idea what happened to the ‘Spirit of Fire’ crew…Killing off Blue Team just when people are really going to get to know them and experience them as characters alongside the Chief simply doesn’t make a whole lot of sense.

Let’s remember Arbiter is back as well.

> 2533274920039666;5:
> > 2533274830366691;4:
> > > 2533274920039666;2:
> > > Don’t panic! We’ve already got confirmation that Blue Team will be with the Chief when he goes AWOL (via a description of the first Blue Team level from Game Informer) and will stay with him for the rest of the game - the drop-in-drop-out co-op system wouldn’t work otherwise.
> > > I’ve noticed they’ve been kind of tiptoeing around really talking about Blue Team in video interviews and marketing stuff so far too, but there’s still lots to be seen and heard before the game comes out. Also Blue Team’s side of the campaign is likely what drives most of the major events of the plot, so they probably are trying their best to avoid spoiling anything. I think for now they’re just keeping the focus on Chief so as not to confuse the general public, and give Osiris a bit of the spotlight because they are the true new characters here (well, aside from Buck anyway).
> > > In fact I highly doubt they’d be going to the trouble of making an entire animated series dedicated to helping people catch up on Blue Team’s history together just to kill them off in their first in-game appearance at the same time - that’s pretty counterproductive.
> > > Trust me when I say I was worried about Blue Team’s fate and future involvement in the story once too…and all that fuss absolutely blew up in my face. XD
> > > I’m confident the team at 343i knows just how much these characters mean to fans and how important they are to continuing the Chief’s journey. I don’t think ‘Halo 5’ is going to be the end for them, not in the slightest.
> >
> >
> > Mission 2: Blue team This is 8 months before the events of HTT when they still take orders and direction from the UNSC… Locke team apparently starts hunting him down mid game.
> > Black team, Cortana, Spirit of Fire and crew also ment a lot to the fans… remarkes made about josh Holmes crying because characters hes grown attached to die.
> > I hope I’m wrong and I’m just projecting the fears of the characters I love Dying.
>
>
> Actually mission 2 occurs 8 months after ‘Halo 4’, not the events of #HUNTtheTRUTH. The events of this mission are when the team goes AWOL, and Osiris is sent after them immediately afterwards - this is within the first 3 missions of the game.
>
> John Holmes’ comments say nothing about anyone getting killed off. He just admits a part of the game made him emotional. The assumptions that this means characters will die were purely put forth by the author of the article only. Cortana was only killed off after getting a complete story arc and proper narrative closure, and we still have no idea what happened to the ‘Spirit of Fire’ crew…Killing off Blue Team just when people are really going to get to know them and experience them as characters alongside the Chief simply doesn’t make a whole lot of sense.

^this guy beat me to it. The author of that article made a terribly worded assumption, nothing is confirmed. That include the SoF crew.

Also I want to add this isn’t like ‘Halo: Reach’ at all. One of that game’s taglines was “From the beginning, you know the end.” - it was all about the inevitable fall of Reach and those that died to defend it. It was a tragic, one-shot story, and most of it’s characters were treated the same way. ‘Halo 5’ is really marking the beginning of a new era of Halo and a much bigger story. We already know that Cortana is going to be used as a vehicle to help tell about how the Chief deals with loss and his own memories - so really compounding Blue Team’s deaths on top of hers would simply be too much from a narrative standpoint. He needs other characters to be his companions and help drive both him and the story forward more now than ever before, and Kelly, Fred, and Linda are the perfect characters to do just that. That’s why I can’t see them being removed in this game. It’s just too soon all around.