Unnecessary Things

Watching some of the MLG gameplay videos, I noticed some things that are completely unnecessary and other things that we just shouldn’t have.

1. Jeff says “eliminate the enemy team” (Why? we have enough things being announced.)

2. Jeff says “5 kills to win” (See above.)

3. Jeff announces “victory”. (Above)

4. Jeff also says “one minute left” etc. instead of “one minute remaining” (Did this really need to be changed?)

5. Do we need music in that last minute?

6. Please tell me why Slayer does not go from 1-50.

You ever get tired of -Yoinking!- Romeo?

Ugh… you’re REALLY complaining about this, of all things? Sigh It never ends…

By the way, I think they stated that there will be music all throughout the matches.

> Watching some of the MLG gameplay videos, I noticed some things that are completely unnecessary and other things that we just shouldn’t have.
>
> 1. Jeff says “eliminate the enemy team” (Why? we have enough things being announced.)
> 2. Jeff says “5 kills to win” (See above.)
> 3. Jeff announces “victory”. (Above)
> 3. Jeff also says “one minute left” etc. instead of “one minute remaining” (Did this really need to be changed?)
> 4. Do we need music in that last minute?
>
> <mark>5. Please tell me why Slayer does not go from 1-50.</mark>

Frankie already discussed this a while ago. It was due to all the boosters and people who sold accounts. He had other reasons but I forgot most of them. On a side note, 343i is developing is own ranking system.

In all honesty, your just nit picking. I mean, im not sure they changed one minute remaining to one minute left but its not really a big deal.

I am Teh Spearhead and I am tired of seeing the same thing posted on the forums.

OT: What you think is unnecessary is probably…ah forget it…

Freedom!
Freedoms just another word for nothing left to loose… Sorry, wrong song ^^
Well, they changed those things to make it simpler for new players to understand what they’re supposed to do. Action Sack is a great example where an “experienced” team can win the game within seconds, simply because the hints given about how to play say Hockey, is far from enough to make it easy to understand.
Hence:

1. = Makes it easier for newbies to understand what they’re supposed to do (get kills, get flag, get …)
  2. = Same reason, easier for both new and old players to know the game is almost over, one final push will decide things. Time to stop camping and start killing ^^
  3. = One minute left is an easier wording, anyone will understand what it means even if they lack decent English skills.
  4. = Added to make it more intense, to show that it’s… “the final countdown” (music)
  5. = Unity, using points instead makes it possible to keep the same “scoring” system in a multitude of different gametypes. Also, having higher numbers makes players feel better, since they earn 10 points (not 1) when they get a kill. More focus on kills, instead of k/d.

> > Watching some of the MLG gameplay videos, I noticed some things that are completely unnecessary and other things that we just shouldn’t have.
> >
> > 1. Jeff says “eliminate the enemy team” (Why? we have enough things being announced.)
> > 2. Jeff says “5 kills to win” (See above.)
> > 3. Jeff announces “victory”. (Above)
> > 3. Jeff also says “one minute left” etc. instead of “one minute remaining” (Did this really need to be changed?)
> > 4. Do we need music in that last minute?
> >
> > <mark>5. Please tell me why Slayer does not go from 1-50.</mark>
>
> Frankie already discussed this a while ago. It was due to all the boosters and people who sold accounts. He had other reasons but I forgot most of them. On a side note, 343i is developing is own ranking system.
>
> In all honesty, your just nit picking. I mean, im not sure they changed one minute remaining to one minute left but its not really a big deal.

He was talking about the scoring.

> > > Watching some of the MLG gameplay videos, I noticed some things that are completely unnecessary and other things that we just shouldn’t have.
> > >
> > > 1. Jeff says “eliminate the enemy team” (Why? we have enough things being announced.)
> > > 2. Jeff says “5 kills to win” (See above.)
> > > 3. Jeff announces “victory”. (Above)
> > > 3. Jeff also says “one minute left” etc. instead of “one minute remaining” (Did this really need to be changed?)
> > > 4. Do we need music in that last minute?
> > >
> > > <mark>5. Please tell me why Slayer does not go from 1-50.</mark>
> >
> > Frankie already discussed this a while ago. It was due to all the boosters and people who sold accounts. He had other reasons but I forgot most of them. On a side note, 343i is developing is own ranking system.
> >
> > In all honesty, your just nit picking. I mean, im not sure they changed one minute remaining to one minute left but its not really a big deal.
>
> He was talking about the scoring.

Thank you for clarifying, at least for my sake, but question. Who here has actually Played Halo 4 and Knows for certains how the scoring in your basic vs game will occur?

> Watching some of the MLG gameplay videos, I noticed some things that are completely unnecessary and other things that we just shouldn’t have.
>
> 1. Jeff says “eliminate the enemy team” (Why? we have enough things being announced.)
> 2. Jeff says “5 kills to win” (See above.)
> 3. Jeff announces “victory”. (Above)
> 3. Jeff also says “one minute left” etc. instead of “one minute remaining” (Did this really need to be changed?)
> 4. Do we need music in that last minute?
>
> 5. Please tell me why Slayer does not go from 1-50.

I 100% agree with vanilla on this, ESPECIALLY THE RANKING SYSTEM. One of the things the people loved about halo 2 and 3 was the ranking system. There was sooo many disappointments when it wasn’t in reach i figured with that said they’d add it back in.

If this new ranking system just adds up credits to the next level like reach does, then i’ll probably play it less than i played reach. True Skill is not true skill, i just hope they make it in some way like the lvls 1-50 in the good days.

The music at the end of the game is the LAST thing i want to hear when im playing competitively. It’s totally destracting from the game and things arent as fun.

The BR is all like “bam bam bam”

totally unnecessary man.

> > Watching some of the MLG gameplay videos, I noticed some things that are completely unnecessary and other things that we just shouldn’t have.
> >
> > 1. Jeff says “eliminate the enemy team” (Why? we have enough things being announced.)
> > 3. Jeff also says “one minute left” etc. instead of “one minute remaining” (Did this really need to be changed?)
> >
> > <mark>5. Please tell me why Slayer does not go from 1-50.</mark>
>
> Frankie already discussed this a while ago. It was due to all the boosters and people who sold accounts. He had other reasons but I forgot most of them. On a side note, 343i is developing is own ranking system.
>
> In all honesty, your just nit picking. I mean, im not sure they changed one minute remaining to one minute left but its not really a big deal.

He means the scoring system not ranking. It doesn’t go 1-50 because 343 doesn’t want it to. JEEZ, is it really that big of a deal!?!?!?!?

> >
> >
> > 5. Please tell me why Slayer does not go from 1-50.
>
> I 100% agree with vanilla on this, ESPECIALLY THE RANKING SYSTEM. One of the things the people loved about halo 2 and 3 was the ranking system. There was sooo many disappointments when it wasn’t in reach i figured with that said they’d add it back in.
>
> If this new ranking system just adds up credits to the next level like reach does, then i’ll probably play it less than i played reach. True Skill is not true skill, i just hope they make it in some way like the lvls 1-50 in the good days.

He meant scoring

> > > Watching some of the MLG gameplay videos, I noticed some things that are completely unnecessary and other things that we just shouldn’t have.
> > >
> > > 1. Jeff says “eliminate the enemy team” (Why? we have enough things being announced.)
> > > 2. Jeff says “5 kills to win” (See above.)
> > > 3. Jeff announces “victory”. (Above)
> > > 3. Jeff also says “one minute left” etc. instead of “one minute remaining” (Did this really need to be changed?)
> > > 4. Do we need music in that last minute?
> > > 5. Please tell me why Slayer does not go from 1-50.
> >
> > Frankie already discussed this a while ago. It was due to all the boosters and people who sold accounts. He had other reasons but I forgot most of them. On a side note, 343i is developing is own ranking system.
> >
> > In all honesty, your just nit picking. I mean, im not sure they changed one minute remaining to one minute left but its not really a big deal.
>
> He means the scoring system not ranking. <mark>It doesn’t go 1-50 because 343 doesn’t want it to.</mark> JEEZ, is it really that big of a deal!?!?!?!?

The guy above me…could you be so kind and explain the part I have highlighted?

> > > > Watching some of the MLG gameplay videos, I noticed some things that are completely unnecessary and other things that we just shouldn’t have.
> > > >
> > > > 1. Jeff says “eliminate the enemy team” (Why? we have enough things being announced.)
> > > > 2. Jeff says “5 kills to win” (See above.)
> > > > 3. Jeff announces “victory”. (Above)
> > > > 3. Jeff also says “one minute left” etc. instead of “one minute remaining” (Did this really need to be changed?)
> > > > 4. Do we need music in that last minute?
> > > > 5. Please tell me why Slayer does not go from 1-50.
> > >
> > > Frankie already discussed this a while ago. It was due to all the boosters and people who sold accounts. He had other reasons but I forgot most of them. On a side note, 343i is developing is own ranking system.
> > >
> > > In all honesty, your just nit picking. I mean, im not sure they changed one minute remaining to one minute left but its not really a big deal.
> >
> > He means the scoring system not ranking. <mark>It doesn’t go 1-50 because 343 doesn’t want it to.</mark> JEEZ, is it really that big of a deal!?!?!?!?
>
> The guy above me…could you be so kind and explain the part I have highlighted?

Infinity Slayer, the only gametype we have seen so far, uses a different point system. Normal slayer is still 1 kill=1 point.