Unnecessary Censor

Not that this is a very big deal but does anyone else thing its strange that halo waypoint decides to change any profanity to “yoink” like isnt every halo rated M and they curse in game so why is this necessary it really makes no sense

There are people of all ages that visit the forums as they are open to public. Also there isn’t really any need to swear when posting, you should be able to have constructive discussion and talk about Halo without resorting to swearing. Some words people use here are just plain offensive and on occassion racist, there’s not need for it and no place it.

Maybe they could implement a feature where you can opt in to see the swears.

> 2533274863677931;3:
> Maybe they could implement a feature where you can opt in to see the swears.

Dream on. :slight_smile:

> 2533274863677931;3:
> Maybe they could implement a feature where you can opt in to see the swears.

Are you inferring to a word filter, where if you’re under 18, it’s always on, but once you are 18, you have the choice to toggle it on/off? I think that would be quite abit of work encoding wise, not to mention Microsoft’s Official sites are always user friendly and meant for everybody. This idea of a filter would kind of go against what they stand for in that fashion I am sure.

> 2533274796457055;4:
> > 2533274863677931;3:
> > Maybe they could implement a feature where you can opt in to see the swears.
>
>
> Dream on. :slight_smile:

To support snickerdoodle. What stops someone coming in and simply lying about their age. I mean its the internet no one ever lies here dont they. xD