Unlocking LE Console/Controller Digital Gear

I do plan on buying the MC controller, but I’m just curious if anybody happens to have information on whether or not the unlockable visors and FOTUS armor will be accessible in Halo 5 even if they do not buy the gear. Basically, will they be obtainable through REQ packs, or will you have to get the controller/console to obtain these items? Thanks!

I don’t think anyone has this answer yet.

Holmes stated a while back that everything not unlockable via achievement would be unlockable via REQ, but I doubt that policy is still in effect seeing all of these preorder/purchase bonuses.

> 2533274859413227;1:
> I do plan on buying the MC controller, but I’m just curious if anybody happens to have information on whether or not the unlockable visors and FOTUS armor will be accessible in Halo 5 even if they do not buy the gear. Basically, will they be obtainable through REQ packs, or will you have to get the controller/console to obtain these items? Thanks!

Hopefully the visors are a rare REQ pack unlock, as for the Fotus armor set…well I was hoping that would be one of the sets from Halo 4 that doesn’t return lol.

> 2533274803493024;2:
> I don’t think anyone has this answer yet.
>
> Holmes stated a while back that everything not unlockable via achievement would be unlockable via REQ, but I doubt that policy is still in effect seeing all of these preorder/purchase bonuses.

If that’s the case, the least they could do is make this a miniature DLC purchase :stuck_out_tongue:

I hope somebody asks my same question on twitter

> 2533274859413227;4:
> > 2533274803493024;2:
> > I don’t think anyone has this answer yet.
> >
> > Holmes stated a while back that everything not unlockable via achievement would be unlockable via REQ, but I doubt that policy is still in effect seeing all of these preorder/purchase bonuses.
>
>
> If that’s the case, the least they could do is make this a miniature DLC purchase :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> I hope somebody asks my same question on twitter

Why don’t you take a more proactive approach and be the one asking questions on twitter?

> 2533274803493024;5:
> > 2533274859413227;4:
> > > 2533274803493024;2:
> > > I don’t think anyone has this answer yet.
> > >
> > > Holmes stated a while back that everything not unlockable via achievement would be unlockable via REQ, but I doubt that policy is still in effect seeing all of these preorder/purchase bonuses.
> >
> >
> > If that’s the case, the least they could do is make this a miniature DLC purchase :stuck_out_tongue:
> >
> > I hope somebody asks my same question on twitter
>
>
> Why don’t you take a more proactive approach and be the one asking questions on twitter?

I don’t have a twitter, and I really don’t want to have one. I barely even use my facebook.

It’s possible, there’s speculation the Locke armor will be available, for those who don’t preorder h5 from Gamestop.

> 2533274866906624;7:
> It’s possible, there’s speculation the Locke armor will be available, for those who don’t preorder h5 from Gamestop.

Locke’s armor will be available to all. That’s been confirmed. They said all preorders are available to everyone eventually. The only issue is these aren’t preorder items, but rather items exclusive to the controllers/console, and isn’t a bonus that varies with what store you bought it from.

> 2533274859413227;8:
> > 2533274866906624;7:
> > It’s possible, there’s speculation the Locke armor will be available, for those who don’t preorder h5 from Gamestop.
>
>
> Locke’s armor will be available to all. That’s been confirmed. They said all preorders are available to everyone eventually. The only issue is these aren’t preorder items, but rather items exclusive to the controllers/console, and isn’t a bonus that varies with what store you bought it from.

With my Reach controller, I recieved exclusive content that was only available with the controller itself.

FOTUS armor will be available through REQ packs - you can earn it in game. The FOTUS emblem, however, will be an exclusive item to LE Console owners

source: clicketh

> 2533274813317074;10:
> FOTUS armor will be available through REQ packs - you can earn it in game. The FOTUS emblem, however, will be an exclusive item to LE Console owners
>
> source: clicketh

Any idea on the controller visors though? I’m going to assume the gold visor would never be exclusive, but I’m curious.

> 2533274813317074;10:
> FOTUS armor will be available through REQ packs - you can earn it in game. The FOTUS emblem, however, will be an exclusive item to LE Console owners
>
> source: clicketh

That is freaking insane. Not even that is exclusive? Why did I pay $500 for this?
Forza ($60) + 1TB ($400) = $400. Thats a $60 discount.
Halo 5 LE ($100) + 1TB ($400) = $500. There is no discount and pretty much nothing is exclusive so why? Its like they are making people buy the LE version if they want the console. Way to spit on fans MS. Just because they know people have been waiting on this and will pay a premium…

> 2533274920092347;11:
> > 2533274813317074;10:
> > FOTUS armor will be available through REQ packs - you can earn it in game. The FOTUS emblem, however, will be an exclusive item to LE Console owners
> >
> > source: clicketh
>
>
> Any idea on the controller visors though? I’m going to assume the gold visor would never be exclusive, but I’m curious.

I’m hoping to find an answer pretty soon. IMO if the FOTUS armor isn’t exclusive, I’m pretty sure that the visors wouldn’t be either.

The FOTUS armor was exclusive to the Halo 4 console and as a purchaser, I’m hoping it’s exclusive to the Halo 5 console too.

> 2685405313522995;14:
> The FOTUS armor was exclusive to the Halo 4 console and as a purchaser, I’m hoping it’s exclusive to the Halo 5 console too.

It’s not. stckrboy just confirmed this. Use his source from his post.