Unlocking armor requires Luck, randomness? =Lame

In this video with Greenskull, around 4:15 he starts taking about H5 REQs. I assumed that some armors would be unlocked prior to accomplishments, not randomness. Where is the sense of fun if you can’t work for that armor? Like he said, “some people are expecting to get some through achievements,” like me. He says you’ll have to get lucky to get the armor, and quite frankly, he could get his favorite armor set day 1, even though he does not prefer to.

I just find the whole concept of the armor system to be a let down, with how it functions on nothing. I even think Reach’s long process is better than H5. H5 probably has the worst armor system. H4 had certain armor pieces tied to commendations at least. Why are we going backwards? Greenskull will spend 3 hours on Skyrim customizing his character, because he’s big on customizing, but the very unique things in Halo’s armor system, has been stripped away. It’s what makes me stay in customizing for a while. He’s not working for Warmaster, but counting on luck for satisfaction?

Now that 343 has changed a likable working system, people want to say, “ohh quantity over quality”. Also, in b4 someone says it’s about gameplay or they don’t care. Do me a favor and go to gameplay related threads if that’s going to be your post. A plethora of people like me and Greenskull do care about customization. Also, notice how I mention his name more, because people have a biased tendency to flop when someone important and well known shares some of the same values, so I hope there are no empty filled comments.

And when certain armors were tied to achievements, ranks, etc, people complained that it was unfair that they couldn’t have all the same customization options because they simply couldn’t achieve the same rank/whatever as someone else.

There is no perfect system. People will always complain.

To be fair though, he also says he only got to spend a day playing the build. Granted that day contained many, many hours of playtime, but how much can you expect to unlock in just a single day?

I didn’t see anyone running around with Helioskrill or any of the other Legendary/Epic quality armor unlocks in any of the footage from those sessions. So I assume that those are tied into hidden game secrets/achievements.

We are also still missing about 25% of the overall unlock library yet to be shown. It’s entirely possible they don’t want all the cats out of the bag yet.

<mark>Do not make nonconstructive posts or flame/attack others.</mark>

It’s cosmetics, don’t be a baby.

It’s quite ingenious if you think about it. Now if you want your favorite armor you are going to be playing this game a lot to get it.

Unless you’re talking about the more marginal armor customization (I can’t really tell by your OP if you’re criticizing the REQ system or limited armor customization.). That I can’t really defend beyond saying that they wanted to create more armor sets.

If you’re criticizing the REQ system though I can’t really agree. I think it will be very satisfying to finally get that armor you want by playing the game. I hated doing achievement crap back in Halo 3, especially ones that expect you to cheat to get them like all those free-for-all ones.

> 2533274833600810;4:
>

Probably not the smartest thing to post when a Mod has posted in the thread just minutes earlier.

Really?
req packs are pretty easy to get, some may be hard and some maybe easy.
getting your fav armor is going to be a grind. Which is good.
you get Req packs by levelling up too and you don’t get the same armor in a pack.
so I don’t see this as being a problem.

Nah man, I love TCG like yugioh and magic. I love the idea of unlocking stuff via req card packs.

again… seriously

This is just what is going through Greenskulls mind. Not 100% confirmed
I could have sworn that 343i said that armors will be unlocked through commendations, achievements, and req cards.
I prefer having many different ways to unlock different armors. Achievements, leveling up, random, whatever works. Its nice.

Meh, people will complain about anything.

Make a system that allows people to quickly and efficiently get the exact armor they want…people will complain it’s too easy and lacking end-game staying power.

Make a system that requires some luck because of randomness…people will complain because they can’t get exactly what they want, when they want it.

Any system in between these two…people will still complain.

Personally, I think the REQ system is really cool. There are 175 armor sets and I’m sure I’ll find some sets to be more interesting that I initially overlooked.

> 2533274833380875;5:
> It’s quite ingenious if you think about it. Now if you want your favorite armor you are going to be playing this game a lot to get it.
>
> Unless you’re talking about the more marginal armor customization (I can’t really tell by your OP if you’re criticizing the REQ system or limited armor customization.). That I can’t really defend beyond saying that they wanted to create more armor sets.
>
> If you’re criticizing the REQ system though I can’t really agree. I think it will be very satisfying to finally get that armor you want by playing the game. I hated doing achievement crap back in Halo 3, especially ones that expect you to cheat to get them like all those free-for-all ones.

Criticizing both, though not limited in amount, but functionality. But I already discussed that before, more so I just don’t like that it’s entirely random. So far, Helioskrill is the only achievement based armor, technically outside the game, but I could be jumping the gun. It sounded like confirmation to me that, everything is based on luck. Bolded part: That’s a good way to look at it, but you could do the same for a Halo game that will unlock through progressive credit ranks and achievements. I think the whole majority of it is just playing the game and unlocking through a REQ, but that’s too easy imo.

> 2533274833600810;4:
> It’s cosmetics, don’t be a baby.

Nice contribution, it’s just me being a baby sorry you don’t care enough.

> 2533274796457055;2:
> And when certain armors were tied to achievements, ranks, etc, people complained that it was unfair that they couldn’t have all the same customization options because they simply couldn’t achieve the same rank/whatever as someone else.
>
> There is no perfect system. People will always complain.

I think it is just about as easily to get an armor as anyone else, but I think it would be ridiculous if you had to be a certain Skill Rank to get an armor, but progressive armor is easy just by playing the game. Also achievements, there can be a fair line between difficulty and just absurd, but the grind makes it all the better no? I’m not sure why they would complain when all they have to do is rank up to get something, but I just don’t find satisfaction, in the armor system, being a spin of the bottle.

Like I already said, it’s cosmetics. So what if you can’t get the EVA helmet right away? It changes nothing and keeps you playing the game and having fun longer so that you can get it. Chances are, you’ll have a few armor sets that you actually like and you can just use those.

There shouldn’t be any complaining about this. It’s cosmetics and you always unlock new things in each REQ pack. You’re complaining about having to play the game to get things.

> 2533274833600810;13:
> Like I already said, it’s cosmetics. So what if you can’t get the EVA helmet right away? It changes nothing and keeps you playing the game and having fun longer so that you can get it. Chances are, you’ll have a few armor sets that you actually like and you can just use those.
>
> There shouldn’t be any complaining about this. It’s cosmetics and you always unlock new things in each REQ pack. You’re complaining about having to play the game to get things.

I’m complaining because I think there are better ways to get those certain things. Well you get EVA right away, chances are you’re sold on not changing that Helmet for a while. You could settle for different armor until you get that helmet. Anyways, I just want a combination system, not something entirely based on random card drawing. I hope there will be achievements to get armor, not just buy a Halo edition controller, eat Hotpockets and simply play the game (which will be fun to do).

Oh well
Spends over $100 buying Gold Req packs to just unlock the Centurion armor

The fact that its random means 2 things:

1. Less skilled players have a chance to get better armors
    Yes I know that isnt always great, but there are more less skilled players than skilled players, and 343 wants to cater to the majority, so in that way it’s good.
    2.It forces you to unlock armors you wouldnt go for.
    This means you’ll probably wear alot more of your armor sets, unlocking ones you like but arent your favorite, putting it on until the neext req pack

Now is this better? I dont know. Is it worse? not really. It’s just different. Just be glad you cant earn the same armor more than once. That’s the thing that annoys me about most loot systems.

Unlocks for Commendations were horrible!!!

One of the many reasons I hated halo 4’s Mp… It encouraged people to play a certain way, with a certain weapon, regardless if whether or not that behavior was ideal for the situation…

nothing worse than than that guy jockeying for the sniper, even though he can’t snipe to save his life, costing his team the game… "Screw you guys, I’m trying to unlock this cosmetic item, I don’t care about the win…

The Randomness of the Req pack system means people will always play to win instead of playing for themselves… The better your play, the more req packs you’ll get, the better your chance at unlocking what you want…

The best thing about it, is anytime you get open a silver or gold pack, you’ll be getting one or two permanent items of available… So keep playing and you’ll eventually get what you want. If not trade it in for more req points.

Honestly, it doesn’t matter what they do, not everyone will be satisfied. Imo this new system isn’t bad.

I care, too, but you will never get the same thing twice, less you use it up like power weapons. You can just keep unlocking things until you get what you want.

> 2533274895603860;19:
> > 2533274821174589;1:
> > In this video with Greenskull, around 4:15 he starts taking about H5 REQs. I assumed that some armors would be unlocked prior to accomplishments, not randomness. Where is the sense of fun if you can’t work for that armor? Like he said, “some people are expecting to get some through achievements,” like me. He says you’ll have to get lucky to get the armor, and quite frankly, he could get his favorite armor set day 1, even though he does not prefer to.
> >
> > I just find the whole concept of the armor system to be a let down, with how it functions on nothing. I even think Reach’s long process is better than H5. H5 probably has the worst armor system. H4 had certain armor pieces tied to commendations at least. Why are we going backwards? Greenskull will spend 3 hours on Skyrim customizing his character, because he’s big on customizing, but the very unique things in Halo’s armor system, has been stripped away. It’s what makes me stay in customizing for a while. He’s not working for Warmaster, but counting on luck for satisfaction?
> >
> > Now that 343 has changed a likable working system, people want to say, “ohh quantity over quality”. Also, in b4 someone says it’s about gameplay or they don’t care. Do me a favor and go to gameplay related threads if that’s going to be your post. A plethora of people like me and Greenskull do care about customization. Also, notice how I mention his name more, because people have a biased tendency to flop when someone important and well known shares some of the same values, so I hope there are no empty filled comments.
>
>
> I care, too, but you will never get the same thing twice, less you use it up like power weapons. You can just keep unlocking things until you get what you want.

This is in regard to weapons right? I don’t understand this part, how can you get 2 of the same armors?