Unlocking Armor and stuff

Halo 5 is my most played game in the franchise, and I don’t know too much about how unlocking cosmetics in the other games works, but I’m willing to bet they were better than Halo 5’s. Halo Infinite should definitely re-work armor unlocks.
What do you think?

It’s needs to be almost exactly like halo reach but improved with elite armor customization no armor should be found in micro transactions. NONE. What so ever. All armor needs to be unlockable by either achievements or buying a certain kind of limited edition like the recon helmet in halo reach

I’m down for the Halo: Reach version, but I still want some armor only unlockable through achievements or certain tasks.

Needs to learn from reach and how customization can be improved! Although I feel pretty confident with this new engine

To be honest, in true Halo fans’ eyes, Halo 3’s unlocking system was and still is the best to this day in the Halo franchise. But I still prefer how Reach’s was because they didn’t make it too difficult for you like in 3, you just needed to earn credits/xp or rank up and you can buy your own armor

I would be fine with Halo: Reach style of customization which had CR based system where you could choose what you want and continue working towards a piece even if you change your mind. Also the customization points should be around as numerous for elites if they return. Customization points are just so more important than the amount of armors and reskins.

Though I would much prefer Halo 3 system where you earn armor by doing different sorts of things in the game like unlock achievements.

Also, emblems should be unlocked by default, there is enough unlocking with the armor as long as the system has been done right. And no more weapon unlocks, all the gamemodes should be equal for every player. No ifs or buts to that.

> 2533274989469309;5:
> To be honest, in true Halo fans’ eyes, Halo 3’s unlocking system was and still is the best to this day in the Halo franchise. But I still prefer how Reach’s was because they didn’t make it too difficult for you like in 3, you just needed to earn credits/xp or rank up and you can buy your own armor

I’d prefer a mix of the systems. Have Reach’s for the majority of the armor, but have 4 or 5 sets you had to do something special to obtain.

> 2533274890014309;6:
> I would be fine with Halo: Reach style of customization which had CR based system where you could choose what you want and continue working towards a piece even if you change your mind. Also the customization points should be around as numerous for elites if they return. Customization points are just so more important than the amount of armors and reskins.
>
> Though I would much prefer Halo 3 system where you earn armor by doing different sorts of things in the game like unlock achievements.
>
> Also, emblems should be unlocked by default, there is enough unlocking with the armor as long as the system has been done right. And no more weapon unlocks, all the gamemodes should be equal for every player. No ifs or buts to that.

You’re right about the emblem. It sucks to have to open tons of REQ Packs to get the same emblem you had in all the other games right off that bat.

I disagree with you on weapon unlocks. Half the fun of Warzone was grinding and opening REQ Packs.

I’d really like to see reach’s system return but I think it’s highly unlikely that it will. If they do a halo 3 like system I just really hope they don’t do competitive multiplayer achievements/commendations to unlock the armor.

I think a hybrid system could work.

Like Reach, you could earn credits to purchase base armor pieces that would unlock at certain ranks, while armor attachments like comm links, bandoleers, tac-pads, pouches, etc. would be unlocked via challenges in game. There could also be special armor sets that require community participation, like Recon back in Halo 3.

It should be like Reach. They could even keep the Req packs in it as long as you can use Req points to buy individual cosmetic items(Armor pieces/Visors/Weapons skins/Emblems/Ect)

For the love of god, they shouldn’t ever release Armor that was previously tied to an achievement later down the road. That was just a slap in the face. Tie the armor to commendations and achievements. Make higher prestigious armor difficult to obtain through things like Lengendary solo etc. This will force people to hold more value to that item and add replay value to Canpaign or whatever mode they add it in. You kill the fun of the game by tying such things to “randomness.” There is no creativity in that…

Yep in needs improvement big time. Something along the lines of Reach’s customization.

> 2533274819030629;7:
> > 2533274989469309;5:
> >
>
>
>
> > 2533274890014309;6:
> > I would be fine with Halo: Reach style of customization which had CR based system where you could choose what you want and continue working towards a piece even if you change your mind. Also the customization points should be around as numerous for elites if they return. Customization points are just so more important than the amount of armors and reskins.
> >
> > Though I would much prefer Halo 3 system where you earn armor by doing different sorts of things in the game like unlock achievements.
> >
> > Also, emblems should be unlocked by default, there is enough unlocking with the armor as long as the system has been done right. And no more weapon unlocks, all the gamemodes should be equal for every player. No ifs or buts to that.
>
> You’re right about the emblem. It sucks to have to open tons of REQ Packs to get the same emblem you had in all the other games right off that bat.
>
> I disagree with you on weapon unlocks. Half the fun of Warzone was grinding and opening REQ Packs.

The problem with unlockable weapons though is that it can cause huge advantage gaps between players and pretty makes Warzone unfriendly to beginners or newcomers to the game.
Just think of others having everything unlocked like phaetons and mantises when all that newcomer has is basic weapons.
Gamemodes should be about player skill and not how much in-game points and/or real life money you have put into the game.
That is why i think every weapon, vehicle and other gear should be available to all players and that then Warzone could work as it does now, as in unlock gear levels when the game goes on.

> 2533274890014309;13:
> > 2533274819030629;7:
> > > 2533274989469309;5:
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> > > 2533274890014309;6:
> > > I would be fine with Halo: Reach style of customization which had CR based system where you could choose what you want and continue working towards a piece even if you change your mind. Also the customization points should be around as numerous for elites if they return. Customization points are just so more important than the amount of armors and reskins.
> > >
> > > Though I would much prefer Halo 3 system where you earn armor by doing different sorts of things in the game like unlock achievements.
> > >
> > > Also, emblems should be unlocked by default, there is enough unlocking with the armor as long as the system has been done right. And no more weapon unlocks, all the gamemodes should be equal for every player. No ifs or buts to that.
> >
> > You’re right about the emblem. It sucks to have to open tons of REQ Packs to get the same emblem you had in all the other games right off that bat.
> >
> > I disagree with you on weapon unlocks. Half the fun of Warzone was grinding and opening REQ Packs.
>
> The problem with unlockable weapons though is that it can cause huge advantage gaps between players and pretty makes Warzone unfriendly to beginners or newcomers to the game.
> Just think of others having everything unlocked like phaetons and mantises when all that newcomer has is basic weapons.
> Gamemodes should be about player skill and not how much in-game points and/or real life money you have put into the game.
> That is why i think every weapon, vehicle and other gear should be available to all players and that then Warzone could work as it does now, as in unlock gear levels when the game goes on.

That’s the point of the game though. You work and play a lot to get the good stuff. Arena is for balanced competitive play. Warzone is casual fun.

Need the flaming helmet back ツ

Agree with most with it being like reach, but i hope it won’t be as grindy

> 2533274819030629;14:
> > 2533274890014309;13:
> > > 2533274819030629;7:
> > > > 2533274989469309;5:
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > > 2533274890014309;6:
> > > > I would be fine with Halo: Reach style of customization which had CR based system where you could choose what you want and continue working towards a piece even if you change your mind. Also the customization points should be around as numerous for elites if they return. Customization points are just so more important than the amount of armors and reskins.
> > > >
> > > > Though I would much prefer Halo 3 system where you earn armor by doing different sorts of things in the game like unlock achievements.
> > > >
> > > > Also, emblems should be unlocked by default, there is enough unlocking with the armor as long as the system has been done right. And no more weapon unlocks, all the gamemodes should be equal for every player. No ifs or buts to that.
> > >
> > > You’re right about the emblem. It sucks to have to open tons of REQ Packs to get the same emblem you had in all the other games right off that bat.
> > >
> > > I disagree with you on weapon unlocks. Half the fun of Warzone was grinding and opening REQ Packs.
> >
> > The problem with unlockable weapons though is that it can cause huge advantage gaps between players and pretty makes Warzone unfriendly to beginners or newcomers to the game.
> > Just think of others having everything unlocked like phaetons and mantises when all that newcomer has is basic weapons.
> > Gamemodes should be about player skill and not how much in-game points and/or real life money you have put into the game.
> > That is why i think every weapon, vehicle and other gear should be available to all players and that then Warzone could work as it does now, as in unlock gear levels when the game goes on.
>
> That’s the point of the game though. You work and play a lot to get the good stuff. Arena is for balanced competitive play. Warzone is casual fun.

Then i guess we can just agree to disagree.

Though i would be more fine with it if it wasnt tied to gambling lootboxes or real life money as possibility.