Unlock Recon after July 7, 2011

I’ve been introducing a fairly large number of 360 players to Halo. I was wondering if anyone knows if players can still unlock Recon armor after “Bungie Day” July 7 when I believe 343 Industries is taking over. At the moment the only way to unlock it (minus the exceptional player handout) is through completing the Vidmaster Achievements then pressing the Unlock Recon button on the bungie site. So will we still be able to unlock the armor variant after 343 takes over?

hopefully they will change the stats page to let us do that, I’m playing halo 3 more than reach now and I really want to get thhe vidmasters but i need to wait till I can get some freinds to help me.

> hopefully they will change the stats page to let us do that, I’m playing halo 3 more than reach now and I really want to get thhe vidmasters but i need to wait till I can get some freinds to help me.

Yeah, they did say that some really cool stuff was coming to the stats page. I am not sure on this particular issue though. I am sure you will be able to get it one way or another though.

Yeah I really hope they find a way to keep it unlockable, I’ve already got 2 awesome players ready to attempt Endure with me it’s the last one we have left to do till Recon.

All I need is endure…

I’m super curious about this too… I still need to get two of the achievements in ODST. I mean it’s not a huge deal if I don’t get it because I don’t play Halo 3 much, but it would still be super nice to be able to get it.

I also curious. But I don’t see why they would do that though. I guess we will wait and see.

Same here, all my brothers and I have left is Endure. We’ve got a LAN party coming up on the 9th we were hoping to try it then but if July 7th is the last day would be nice to know so we can try before the LAN. We don’t play Halo 3 that much online anymore since Reach. But we do have LAN parties w/ consoles and it would be cool to have Recon for Halo 3.

i’'m pretty sure everything that is on Bungie.net will still be there. its not going anywhere. 343 industries is taking over support(title update and playlist updates)