Unlimited Detail Real-Time Rendering Technology Preview 2011 [HD]

What do you guys think? If this is real then it would be awsome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00gAbgBu8R4&feature=channel_video_title

HOW IT’S NOT FAKE

The idea that we could do this technology wasn’t the first time, there has always been a video game breakthrough…

EXAMPLE: The no lag in the pc games in the 90’s. It was hard for pc companies due to lag because of animation. Then one day, a guy was messing around and discovered how to fix it! Many people thought he was lying during that time, and now we know him as the creator of DOOM.

If you look closely at video games every year, they always try to add more polygons on their games and now we discovered a bigger discovery since 3-D.

Apparently it’s a scam.

I hope its real ,if not :frowning:

> Apparently it’s a scam.

Look I know Notch is… known in the game industry for one lucky game… But that doesn’t make it a scam.

> > Apparently it’s a scam.
>
> Look I know Notch is… known in the game industry for one lucky game… But that doesn’t make it a scam.

Did you even read it?

> EXAMPLE: The no lag in the pc games in the 90’s. It was hard for pc companies due to lag because of animation. Then one day, a guy was messing around and discovered how to fix it! Many people thought he was lying during that time, and now we know him as the creator of DOOM.
>
> If you look closely at video games every year, they always try to add more polygons on their games and now we discovered a bigger discovery since 3-D.

What does that even mean?

I’ve seen plenty of good explanations for why it’s not feasable to make a game using this type of technology, but I think Notch had the simplest explanation. The amount of data required to make these graphics work in a game would be massive. No game console is going to have that kind of storage for a long time, let alone at an affordable price. Besides, I’ve never had any problems with polygonal graphics.