Unknown Covenant AI Construct

So I’m replaying halo 2 while getting ready for 5 coming out, and heard Cortana make an off hand quip about something in the system is fighting her with a surprising amount of strength not a level after she said how easy it was because it seemed that the Covenant didn’t expect an attack from inside the system.

I had always assumed this was the gravemind tapping in to High Charity’s network, but something else has caught my attention.

Terminal video 3 from halo CE is a conversation between Guilty Spark and this unknown AI. Unnamed Covenant AI | Halo Alpha | Fandom part of the conversation makes it sound like this AI is subtly pushing the Covenant towards activating the rings so that it maymay finally be free.

Anyone else come across this and does it mean anything? Just wondering about speculation.

Cortana was battling with the fragment of Mendicant Bias on the dreadnaught.

The AI Guilty Spark communicated with is the Ark’s monitor, as detailed in hunters in the dark.

^^^^

> 2533274964189700;2:
> Cortana was battling with the fragment of Mendicant Bias on the dreadnaught.
>
> The AI Guilty Spark communicated with is the Ark’s monitor, as detailed in hunters in the dark.

Awesome! Thanks for that.

I almost wish urbanerocket didn’t know that, it’s always cool to have some mysterious things like that in the lore, but also nice to know theres a point to it

The AI

> 2533274964189700;2:
> Cortana was battling with the fragment of Mendicant Bias on the dreadnaught.
>
> The AI Guilty Spark communicated with is the Ark’s monitor, as detailed in hunters in the dark.

He’s referring to the the Halo CEA terminals, where there was an AI aboard the Truth and Reconciliation.

In short, we can only guess that it used to be a human AI, the Covenant corrupted. Because the Covenant are incapable of creating proper AI, they often steal and corrupt human ones.

nah they would have hinted

> 2533274974033696;6:
> The AI
>
>
> > 2533274964189700;2:
> > Cortana was battling with the fragment of Mendicant Bias on the dreadnaught.
> >
> > The AI Guilty Spark communicated with is the Ark’s monitor, as detailed in hunters in the dark.
>
>
> He’s referring to the the Halo CEA terminals, where there was an AI aboard the Truth and Reconciliation.
>
> In short, we can only guess that it used to be a human AI, the Covenant corrupted. Because the Covenant are incapable of creating proper AI, they often steal and corrupt human ones.

I disagree. I think it was a genuine Covenant A.I. - there’s another such A.I. in the First Strike novel.

The Covenant A.I. are far inferior to human ones, but they can still communicate and express albeit significantly more limited it appears.

I really want to see if we ever come across the other monsters throughout the games and learn about their history’s as much as we did in the Forerunner books.

First strike had cortana battle a Covenant AI

This is quite interesting, I must have missed that when I read the books. I’ll go back and read first strike now. Thanks for this guys :slight_smile:

> 2533274864701588;8:
> > 2533274974033696;6:
> > The AI
> >
> >
> > > 2533274964189700;2:
> > > Cortana was battling with the fragment of Mendicant Bias on the dreadnaught.
> > >
> > > The AI Guilty Spark communicated with is the Ark’s monitor, as detailed in hunters in the dark.
> >
> > He’s referring to the the Halo CEA terminals, where there was an AI aboard the Truth and Reconciliation.
> >
> > In short, we can only guess that it used to be a human AI, the Covenant corrupted. Because the Covenant are incapable of creating proper AI, they often steal and corrupt human ones.
>
> I disagree. I think it was a genuine Covenant A.I. - there’s another such A.I. in the First Strike novel.
>
> The Covenant A.I. are far inferior to human ones, but they can still communicate and express albeit significantly more limited it appears.

I know this is a kinda old topic now but if those A.I. are covenant based or evn corrupted human ones as metioned in the books, will they also join Cortana’s created? This and a thread on another form sparked this question for me and make me think about the possibilites. Enough that I did a video on my channel theorizing it. Covenant AI's join Cortana? - YouTube