Universal Bumper Jumper Configuration-Not Reliable

This is more so addressed to any player who plays using the Universal Bumper Jumper config.:

Is anyone else annoyed by that fact that the A button is (nearly) completely useless in Halo 1, 2/2A, & 3?

Let me explain: the A button is simply configured to “swap weapons.” I’ll be honest, personally, I almost never dual wield, so that function is useless to me. This leaves the A button completely unusable. I have to stretch the opposite direction (when compared to Halo: CEA and 3) just to switch grenades (a function I use far more than “swapping the left weapon”).

Personally, a more universal approach to this is to have A “swap left weapon/switch grenades” (just like in Halo 3) and X to be “use flashlight/equipment/armor ability*”

*Halo 4 would be the only exception where A stays the same to its Bumper Jumper layout (A is sprint, d-pad right/left was switch grenades [strictly opinion here, but I felt like grenades weren’t picked up as much because of ordinance drops in H4, which I’m fine with).

To circumvent this poor layout, I play Halo: CEA and Halo 3 with its own Bumper Jumper settings (since its perfect and the same) and I have to deal with the Universal layout for Halo 2/2A and 4 (go figure, the layout is based off of H4, which is very different than the others because of sprint [thus meaning it’s not very universal since it’s a different game {i,e. there’s no sprint or abilities in halo 1-3; there’s no need for a dedicated button for sprint (A)}]).

Anyone else agree/disagree? Should they just give us customizable schemes?

meh i use bumper jumper and never had an issue with it.

(Disregard.)

I’m pretty sure this is how it has worked since Bumper Jumper was introduced in Halo 3. The A button was always useless if you weren’t dual wielding. Since CE/2/2A also have dual wielding, it makes sense (though may on some level be inconvenient and suboptimal) that it would be a dead button for someone who doesn’t dual wield when applied to those games.

As you said, custom controller mapping would be ideal, but for some reason that isn’t a thing in most console games.

I use Bumper Jumper and don’t have a problem with it.

LB to jump
RB to melee
LT throw grenade
RT shoot
Y to switch weapon
B to reload and pick up weapon or enter vehicle
A to dual-wield
LS to move and crouch
RS to aim and zoom
D-Pad to cycle grenades

Meh… Maybe it’s just me. I’m just so used to pressing A since it’s far more comfortable to press/reach for it.

> 2533274832730059;1:
> This is more so addressed to any player who plays using the Universal Bumper Jumper config.:
>
> Is anyone else annoyed by that fact that the A button is (nearly) completely useless in Halo 1, 2/2A, & 3?
>
> Let me explain: the A button is simply configured to “swap weapons.” I’ll be honest, personally, I almost never dual wield, so that function is useless to me. This leaves the A button completely unusable. I have to stretch the opposite direction (when compared to Halo: CEA and 3) just to switch grenades (a function I use far more than “swapping the left weapon”).
>
> Personally, a more universal approach to this is to have A “swap left weapon/switch grenades” (just like in Halo 3) and X to be “use flashlight/equipment/armor ability*”
>
> *Halo 4 would be the only exception where A stays the same to its Bumper Jumper layout (A is sprint, d-pad right/left was switch grenades [strictly opinion here, but I felt like grenades weren’t picked up as much because of ordinance drops in H4, which I’m fine with).
>
> To circumvent this poor layout, I play Halo: CEA and Halo 3 with its own Bumper Jumper settings (since its perfect and the same) and I have to deal with the Universal layout for Halo 2/2A and 4 (go figure, the layout is based off of H4, which is very different than the others because of sprint [thus meaning it’s not very universal since it’s a different game {i,e. there’s no sprint or abilities in halo 1-3; there’s no need for a dedicated button for sprint (A)}]).
>
> Anyone else agree/disagree? Should they just give us customizable schemes?

I don’t agree, sorry.

Has anyone else noticed jumping twice in succession results in a lower second jump?

Irritating when trying to jump up to sniper tower on lockout h2

i agree. not changing nades with A like it was in halo 3 is pretty annoying.

I disagree. But custom schemes? Hell yeah

> 2533274846171508;2:
> meh i use bumper jumper and never had an issue with it.

what this guy said ^^

I use bumper jumper and tbh this never even occurred to me… I just use my left thumb to change grenades and use flashlight /camo

if taking your thumb off left thumb stick in MM is an issue to you, why are you trying to change grenades mid fight? Plan your fights before they start and you will win more of them.

as for dual wielding… Yea outside campaign and my team duals custom game I made for h2a I don’t use it.

> 2533274865708979;10:
> if taking your thumb off left thumb stick in MM is an issue to you, why are you trying to change grenades mid fight? Plan your fights before they start and you will win more of them.

Well, no, I don’t use my left thumb to switch nades on the d-pad. That just slows me down and would ruin my strafe. My left thumb stays on the left stick all the time unless I press the view button.

Essentially, I just can’t see why they couldn’t map the nade switch to the A button since you’re already reaching in that button-area 98% of the time. I just find it to be counter-intuitive.

I wish they’d just give us custom controls as if it were on pc lol.

ive always wondered why they cant just let players configure their controller settings themselves if they dont like any of the presets.

im bumper jumper, but with abilities and maybe coming abilities in halo 5, ive always wanted some parts of different controller setups.

is there any justified reason as to why they cannot let us customize ourselves_

> 2533274849017325;7:
> > 2533274832730059;1:
> > This is more so addressed to any player who plays using the Universal Bumper Jumper config.:
> >
> > Is anyone else annoyed by that fact that the A button is (nearly) completely useless in Halo 1, 2/2A, & 3?
> >
> > Let me explain: the A button is simply configured to “swap weapons.” I’ll be honest, personally, I almost never dual wield, so that function is useless to me. This leaves the A button completely unusable. I have to stretch the opposite direction (when compared to Halo: CEA and 3) just to switch grenades (a function I use far more than “swapping the left weapon”).
> >
> > Personally, a more universal approach to this is to have A “swap left weapon/switch grenades” (just like in Halo 3) and X to be “use flashlight/equipment/armor ability*”
> >
> > *Halo 4 would be the only exception where A stays the same to its Bumper Jumper layout (A is sprint, d-pad right/left was switch grenades [strictly opinion here, but I felt like grenades weren’t picked up as much because of ordinance drops in H4, which I’m fine with).
> >
> > To circumvent this poor layout, I play Halo: CEA and Halo 3 with its own Bumper Jumper settings (since its perfect and the same) and I have to deal with the Universal layout for Halo 2/2A and 4 (go figure, the layout is based off of H4, which is very different than the others because of sprint [thus meaning it’s not very universal since it’s a different game {i,e. there’s no sprint or abilities in halo 1-3; there’s no need for a dedicated button for sprint (A)}]).
> >
> > Anyone else agree/disagree? Should they just give us customizable schemes?
>
>
> I don’t agree, sorry.
>
> Has anyone else noticed jumping twice in succession results in a lower second jump?
>
> Irritating when trying to jump up to sniper tower on lockout h2

Is this just for Bumper Jumper or across all the controller schemes?

I’ve used bumper jumper since Halo: 3, and its normal…