units disappearing, count against pop cap

[edit]: answer found, AI is evil.

Maybe I am missing something obvious here, but this has happened far too many times now for me to consider it coincidence.

Perhaps once in every ~10 matchmade games, a significant portion of my army straight up disappears. Off the map entirely, I assume, because even after 10-15 minutes (if I am lucky to continue being alive that long) they are still gone. However, when I select “all units” they still show up, and they still are on the unit display bar at the bottom.
It’s most often associated with opponent teleporting my units as their leader power, but in some cases they just teleport into oblivion.

Any advice appreciated, initial Google search was uninformative and I assume there’s an obvious fix to this or people would have already complained aggressively haha.

It’s a bug with the shipmasters displacement ability. There is a search ability in the forums that would probably help better than google in this exact situation.

> 2533274807158996;2:
> It’s a bug with the shipmasters displacement ability. There is a search ability in the forums that would probably help better than google in this exact situation.

This. Play against a CPU and see how they do it to possibly avoid it in the future. That and/or constantly keep your army on the move to at least minimize how many units you loose.

I have yet to have this happen to me, but I’ve seen it with teammates. The shipmaster’s displacement would put them right outside the map but the units would still count as alive but can’t be commanded anymore. This needs a fix and fast. it is game breaking when a teammate has 120 units still “alive” but none on the map.